Giving Up Home Games

Wests Tigers Discussion
bp tiger

Re: Giving Up Home Games

Post by bp tiger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:39 am

if u look at the EPL they fight tooth and nail for the home advantage, yet here we are giving it away at every turn. i have no doubt that playing away last game cost us 2 points and should we miss the finals due that i hope someone pays by losing there job, because us fans have waited a long time and now with a great start we seem to want to throw away any advantage we can get to look good to the NRL who treat us with contempt when it comes to scheduling games. my dad always told me charity starts at home 1st.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 10:24 am

If the NRL was serious about promoting the game they would make it mandatory that all clubs take one game a year to a regional centre or a interstate capital. I think every club should be given a place to play their game and they go there every year so they can actually build a relationship with that region. I also say they should play a different team every year so the region gets to see all clubs over a period of time

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:08 am

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:39 am
if u look at the EPL they fight tooth and nail for the home advantage, yet here we are giving it away at every turn. i have no doubt that playing away last game cost us 2 points and should we miss the finals due that i hope someone pays by losing there job, because us fans have waited a long time and now with a great start we seem to want to throw away any advantage we can get to look good to the NRL who treat us with contempt when it comes to scheduling games. my dad always told me charity starts at home 1st.
Exactly let’s get a home!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:15 am

bp tiger wrote:
You can't say that... It's invalid.
Youve no idea what would've happened elsewhere... No one does

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:35 am

Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:33 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:48 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:59 pm
Needaname wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:41 pm
We’ve just debated over giving up our home territory and yet conclude that we should play 12 games in the heart of Parramatta?
I’m not opposed the situation but it needs to be even share with Parramatta and the Wanderers. Now that would require us to possibly pay a fee to ensure it is branded as our home ground and we are not just borrowing it off Parramatta.
On Scully Park.
I went to the ground. Loved the Idea but hated the fact that it’s basically a Knights area.
Knights let us play that right into their hands.
An ‘extended’ home game for them. Media going on all week about how good the knights are for taking a game to the country. We also laid over when they decided to where their ‘orange’ jersey. At the ground there was even share of the ground, unfortunately you could not hear the speakers so the lead up to the game was only built up based on our own anticipation. So their was no extra Tigers features only the RoarStore parked in the car park.
And then the game started and I couldn’t believe the ground support for the knights. It felt like they were the home team in every facet.
My opinion and suggestion is if you are taking a home game to another ground sure the away team travels twice as far so we can capitalise on some home team treatment.
If we used the new stadium we would just be tenants. The same as parra and the wanderers will be tenants.
Same as we are tenants of CSS, LO and Homebush.
So what, are you advocating buying a stadium?
I think he means it is not one clubs ground and to that point he is correct. We the tax payers are building this state of the art stadium and it should be used by as many organisations as possible . Why would the club not play out of this new facility it makes perfect sense, the time for decision is coming as a choice between a 1/8 filled ANZ that is not paying any handouts to a brand new smaller stadium that will have atmosphere that supporters and corporates will gravitate to .... I believe in progression and IMO being apart of this facility will finally establish our club long term. This debate has to be had time for the hard choices.
Lock it in Eddie - why not (certainly will be better than ANZ).

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:55 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:15 am
bp tiger wrote:
You can't say that... It's invalid.
Youve no idea what would've happened elsewhere... No one does
By extrapolation we should have been beaten in NZ as well.

Like I said, if we won the game, this would not be a topic of discussion.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:59 am

Storm in a teacup.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 1:31 pm

Yea, I am over it.
Were a Merged team with two merged grounds. The NRL gives us Zero allowance for this and expects us to grow the game elsewhere.

Happy if we pick a regional area and go there once every 2 years. NOT happy that it seems to be 3-4 times a season and ruins our flow.

One game a year TOPS. IMHO, we should play it in PNG. Then our guys will get what Football is about.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 1:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 12:09 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:32 pm
Stu, I heard some disappointing aspects from last night.... Apparently there was no pre match entertainment.... And I just found this on FB:

"There was 10082 at the game n I guarantee there would have been 8082 Tigers fans n not one of the players walked around after the game even Ivan left straight away. All the Knights players walked around for ages getting photos n autographs Cmon Tigers it was our home game n your fans turned out 🐯wasn't happy as there were kids there looking for their favourites "

Not a good look if true... No excuses.
Didn't sound like a 4-1 crowd advantage

And that really gets my goat , the players win /lose /draw should try and sign a few autographs

I know my young fella was really disappointed in Townsville a few years ago when we got wiped out 64-6 , we went down to the away fans area and they didn't even show their faces

Maybe Robbie is back at the club (Jokes ,just jokes )
Been biting my tongue on that last line... we can't blame him for this one Happ, but wasn't Benji captain at Tamworth? Regardless, whoever made the decision not to say g'day to the fans after the game, made a bad one - no matter what their post-game commitments.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 2:48 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:33 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:48 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:59 pm
Needaname wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 7:41 pm
We’ve just debated over giving up our home territory and yet conclude that we should play 12 games in the heart of Parramatta?
I’m not opposed the situation but it needs to be even share with Parramatta and the Wanderers. Now that would require us to possibly pay a fee to ensure it is branded as our home ground and we are not just borrowing it off Parramatta.
On Scully Park.
I went to the ground. Loved the Idea but hated the fact that it’s basically a Knights area.
Knights let us play that right into their hands.
An ‘extended’ home game for them. Media going on all week about how good the knights are for taking a game to the country. We also laid over when they decided to where their ‘orange’ jersey. At the ground there was even share of the ground, unfortunately you could not hear the speakers so the lead up to the game was only built up based on our own anticipation. So their was no extra Tigers features only the RoarStore parked in the car park.
And then the game started and I couldn’t believe the ground support for the knights. It felt like they were the home team in every facet.
My opinion and suggestion is if you are taking a home game to another ground sure the away team travels twice as far so we can capitalise on some home team treatment.
If we used the new stadium we would just be tenants. The same as parra and the wanderers will be tenants.
Same as we are tenants of CSS, LO and Homebush.
So what, are you advocating buying a stadium?
I think he means it is not one clubs ground and to that point he is correct. We the tax payers are building this state of the art stadium and it should be used by as many organisations as possible . Why would the club not play out of this new facility it makes perfect sense, the time for decision is coming as a choice between a 1/8 filled ANZ that is not paying any handouts to a brand new smaller stadium that will have atmosphere that supporters and corporates will gravitate to .... I believe in progression and IMO being apart of this facility will finally establish our club long term. This debate has to be had time for the hard choices.
Has Pascoe got the balls to do it? Not one home ground or COE delivered yet.