North Korea's Kim Jong-un meets South Korea's Moon Jae-in in DMZ for historic peace talks

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Re: North Korea's Kim Jong-un meets South Korea's Moon Jae-in in DMZ for historic peace talks

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:37 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 9:57 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 3:44 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 4:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 10:04 am

Keeping us safe
Yup because i feel much safer with the 900 military bases in over 70 countries.
As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

Uncle Sam is $23 trillion in debt mate. There's a tsunami coming for anyone under 30 int the US. It's a good time to be old if you're American. Have a look @Greece

It may not matter to you but for half my family in Arcadia CA aren't too happy their taxes are going to things like military bases and funding unnecessary wars.

America is certainly trying to be the biggest oil producer. You remember what the 1953 Iranian coup d'état was over right? Installing the Shah, BP and the Strait of Hormuz and all that.... How about Libya? Syria? I could go on and on... Get ready for blow back!
Military bases and armed forces keep many millions employed in the US

Probably one reason all of what you mention happens

And to be American and bag out your Armed Forces is like bagging the men who defended Kokoda and Villiers Brettonneux

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 1:17 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:27 pm
Milky wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 9:21 pm
I think the biggest think to come out of this will be China increasing funding into their military. Korea will grow into a bigger threat and will definitely get the attention they want. I think Kim only wants peace to have access to the South.

If China grows its military the US won't be happy.

Australia's entire military relies on the US. Our economy depends on China.

Leaves us in a mess
Unfortunately mainstream media create this unnecessary fear of North Korea or threats from Russia/China etc. And how they are a threat because of their rise. This is a flawed logic. Yet conveniently never mention Israel or Saudi Arabia (who have an abhorrent human rights record) but because they are the US allies there is no mention.

Cicero once said " the enemy is within the gates, is with our own luxury our own folly our own criminality with which we need to contend"

And then Cicero in his book mentions six mistakes mankind continually makes century anfter century (two of which applies here):
1. Believing personal gain is made is by crushing others- the notion China's rise is a threat is erroneaous. Why can't we both rise together and reap the benefits with each other symbiotically?
3. Attempting to compel others to live as we do Democracy anyone?
You think the fear is unnecessary? You'd be one of the few.
And why would the media create fear about Israel or Saudi Arabia when (at present) they are on our side?

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:40 pm

cktiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 1:17 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Milky wrote:
I think the biggest think to come out of this will be China increasing funding into their military. Korea will grow into a bigger threat and will definitely get the attention they want. I think Kim only wants peace to have access to the South.

Leaves us in a mess
Unfortunately mainstream media create this unnecessary fear of North Korea or threats from Russia/China etc. And how they are a threat because of their rise. This is a flawed logic. Yet conveniently never mention Israel or Saudi Arabia (who have an abhorrent human rights record) but because they are the US allies there is no mention.

Cicero once said " the enemy is within the gates, is with our own luxury our own folly our own criminality with which we need to contend"

And then Cicero in his book mentions six mistakes mankind continually makes century anfter century (two of which applies here):
1. Believing personal gain is made is by crushing others- the notion China's rise is a threat is erroneaous. Why can't we both rise together and reap the benefits with each other symbiotically?
And why would the media create fear about Israel or Saudi Arabia when (at present) they are on our side?
Why is there concern for North Korea when the Saudis are causing far greater geopolitical and human rights violations? On 'our side'? Are you serious? So you support ISIS? You realise the majority of members of ISIS are from Saudia Arabia right? You support a country where women cannot even drive a car? Where people are beheaded and torture?

Last I checked North Korea hasn't bombed Yemen to catastrophic proportions. You realise 5,000 citizens of Yemen (2015) were killed with US bombs right? https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/c ... udi-arabia

And on Russia, why is Russia a threat? Can you tell me where US NATO bases are geographically located? Google and find out yourself. The contradictions here are astoundingly hypocritical. Condemning one country yet allowing another (Saudi and Israel) because they are our 'allies' LOL! Allies who the US sell weapons to, to bomb countries like Yemen.

Oh and CK, so you support Saddam Hussein then?
Iraq and Saddam Hussein were the allies of the US in the 60s too during the Iran contra saga. The Iranian Iraq war where the US supported the Iraq forces for oil (again)... so ummm does that mean you support Saddam Hussein? What a short memory you have.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:37 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

As you should. Oil? America will shortly be the biggest oil producer in the world . They will get along quite nicely thank you.

Uncle Sam is $23 trillion in debt mate. There's a tsunami coming for anyone under 30 int the US. It's a good time to be old if you're American. Have a look @Greece

It may not matter to you but for half my family in Arcadia CA aren't too happy their taxes are going to things like military bases and funding unnecessary wars.

America is certainly trying to be the biggest oil producer. You remember what the 1953 Iranian coup d'état was over right? Installing the Shah, BP and the Strait of Hormuz and all that.... How about Libya? Syria? I could go on and on... Get ready for blow back!

And to be American and bag out your Armed Forces is like bagging the men who defended Kokoda and Villiers Brettonneux
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism

"Military bases are keeping millions employed" so by that logic then why don't the US build hundreds more bases around the world? Why don't they build one next to your home? I'm sure the US has enough money considering they are 20 trillion dollars in debt. I mean seriously look at all the blow back this has caused from Nicaragua; Iran; Congo; Vietnam; Libya etc etc. There's no two ways about it, its a catastrophe...

I am not American although I did go to high school in Glendora for 3 years. Nor did I criticise the troops. I criticise the policies of the Americans "World Police" and focus unnecessarily on topics like North Korea; Russia et al.

Can you tell me where i 'bagged' out kokoda and villiers? You're skewing my writing. Kokoda was a matter pertaining to a time where there was a threat to our civil liberties. My civil liberties are not compromised by bombing the hell out of Yemen; Afghanistan and Baghdad.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:06 pm

cktiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
Milky wrote:

Leaves us in a mess

In addition, can you tell me why Israel is permitted to have over 400 nuclear war heads but North Korea is condemned for having 1/4 of that? Why isn't Iran permitted to have nuclear weapons?

I just returned from Tehran and Shiraz last winter for snowboarding and Persians are by far the most hospitable people on this planet.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:28 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:57 pm
happy tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

"Military bases are keeping millions employed" so by that logic then why don't the US build hundreds more bases around the world? Why don't they build one next to your home? I'm sure the US has enough money considering they are 20 trillion dollars in debt. I mean seriously look at all the blow back this has caused from Nicaragua; Iran; Congo; Vietnam; Libya etc etc. There's no two ways about it, its a catastrophe...

I am not American although I did go to high school in Glendora for 3 years. Nor did I criticise the troops. I criticise the policies of the Americans "World Police" and focus unnecessarily on topics like North Korea; Russia et al.

Can you tell me where i 'bagged' out kokoda and villiers? You're skewing my writing. Kokoda was a matter pertaining to a time where there was a threat to our civil liberties. My civil liberties are not compromised by bombing the hell out of Yemen; Afghanistan and Baghdad.

You misunderstood , I said that bagging the American Armed forces in America is almost a capital offence , as would be saying Phar Lap was a plodder

And you missed my other point , yes it cost money for bases all over the world , but adding how many to the unemployment lines does far more damage politically

I don't agree with American stand point at all , they been doing it for 60 years

Ask the poor Hungarians in , Americans dropped pamphlets telling them to free themselves from the Soviets

So the Hungarians did and were massacred by the Russians without the USA offering any help bar taking all the talented scientists as refugees etc

Americans are only worried Americans , any action they take is done with some vision down the track of something they will get back

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 9:06 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 11:55 am
tsjonathan wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

California is a basket case. Stop spending money on illegal aliens.
A basket case? LMAO... Col, the US is stuffed if California ever seceded. It, is as a state of the US alone, the worlds SIXTH largest economy.

Also who is spending money on illegal aliens? They can't lob up and demand welfare if they are off the grid, they have to work to survive.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 9:14 am

I am still unsure as to the reasons, other than oil, as to why the US are bedfellows with a third world cesspit like Saudi Arabia. They execute people there for witchcraft still. The sooner they run out of oil and have no money to export their vile brand of Islam the better.

Iran is the one stumbling block in the middle east if the Wahabbis go full retard.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 15 May, 2018 10:48 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:06 pm
cktiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
Milky wrote:

Leaves us in a mess

In addition, can you tell me why Israel is permitted to have over 400 nuclear war heads but North Korea is condemned for having 1/4 of that? Why isn't Iran permitted to have nuclear weapons?

I just returned from Tehran and Shiraz last winter for snowboarding and Persians are by far the most hospitable people on this planet.
Did you fall on your head whilst snowboarding?

It certainly sounds like it.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 15 May, 2018 11:12 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 10:48 am
tsjonathan wrote:
cktiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

You didnt answer my question re: Israel.

Why would you imply i "fell on my head"? Dizin is one of the best places off piste
Seems to me ignorance is bliss for you.

You do realise much of what you use today was created by the Persians during the Islamic golden age right? If others in the middle east like Israel have nuclear weapons then so should Iran.

You should take a trip to Iran one day Col. So mich history to learn. From Eshfahan to Shiraz and the Caspian sea...

Persians like AL-KHWARIZMI for example is the reason we use the number/digit system and why we dont use archaic mathemarics like roman numerals and the reason we can fly on planes from country to country. Algebra was named after him. Stars are 3/4 Arabic too. And al-Haytham who pioneered optics is the reason you can take photos of your loved ones. Al-Zahrawi pioneered moden medicine and surgery. Edit and i forgot about the Persian cartographer Al-Ma'mun who made the maps with which we basically still use today to see the planet.
Last edited by tsjonathan on Tue 15 May, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 15 May, 2018 11:25 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:28 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

You misunderstood , I said that bagging the American Armed forces in America is almost a capital offence , as would be saying Phar Lap was a plodder

And you missed my other point , yes it cost money for bases all over the world , but adding how many to the unemployment lines does far more damage politically

I don't agree with American stand point at all , they been doing it for 60 years

Ask the poor Hungarians in , Americans dropped pamphlets telling them to free themselves from the Soviets

So the Hungarians did and were massacred by the Russians without the USA offering any help bar taking all the talented scientists as refugees etc

Americans are only worried Americans , any action they take is done with some vision down the track of something they will get back
Youre suggesting building military bases creates employment?

If you are then why doesnt China or Australia build some in the Phillipines, Japan, Croatia, Germany etc? Why can't China build one in Sydney? Or Colombo to create jobs?

The US foreign policy has been far far worse than the Hungarian incident. As mentioned from Yemen to Afghanistan to The congo, Iraq (who the US supported Saddam in the 1960s) to Syria and vietnam and Chile (Kissenger) to Iran to Libya to Laos to Palestine and on and on and on

You know what happened to the Romans and Gaul right when they expanded their empire?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 12:01 pm

magpiecol wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
cktiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

Do you ever respond to anything that contradicts your opinion with anything other than ad hominem comments? Substantiate your opinion instead of making comments that someone has suffered a brain injury to have a different world view to you.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 May, 2018 1:42 pm

I know who has fallen on his head........often..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 15 May, 2018 2:09 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 12:01 pm
magpiecol wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
cktiger wrote:

Do you ever respond to anything that contradicts your opinion with anything other than ad hominem comments? Substantiate your opinion instead of making comments that someone has suffered a brain injury to have a different world view to you.
Magpiecol was the inventor of the Drive By .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:08 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 2:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 12:01 pm
magpiecol wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

Magpiecol was the inventor of the Drive By .
The fact that Col can't do anything other than question people's health instead of clarifying his own position suggests he is the one that struggles to think.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 1:42 pm
Happy?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:50 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:09 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 1:42 pm
Happy?

This is NOT FAKE NEWS... :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:28 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

If there was only one good thing to come of that it was a young man by the name of Laszlo Urge immigrated to Australia and showed us all the beautiful game.