851 wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:57 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:51 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:58 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

I absolutely agree that Luke's inside ball to Alioia was the wrong play. He's such a reserved character, even with all the good publicity he's getting, he still cant full back himself. I reckon Cleary needs to throw everything behind him, make Lawrence captain and Luke vice captain. Truly show that it's his team and Luke will grow even further.
Fair dinkum, how much more mollycodling does Brooks get, he should have stood up, 2 weeks in a row but he hasn't.
Time for a change, Benji out and Brooks gets a rocket, can't keep making excuses for our halves.
Me so confused :?

Brooks was OK behind a beaten pack , but he needs to show faith in his running game

I'd love for Thurston to spend a month or two with Brooks , at least at the end he have the best laugh if nothing else
Why are you confused, previous poster was saying Cleary needs to put everything behind Brooks, he has been given every chance, he needs to do what he says he is going to do pre game, and Benji needs to be moved aside to stop making Brooks job harder.
Well previous poster was me :lol:

851 I think Benji is trying too hard to takeover the bus at times

Isn't helping Brooks when Benji is telling him something completely different pre game and telling him to run the team

I know Geo doesn't agree , but I don't think Brooks ran the ball enough today , but then again I thought the same about Liddle as well

If Liddle runs it makes it so much easier for Brooks to run

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:02 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 6:35 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm
Fast fast game, possession everything....so why does Benji insist on kicking early? Tackle 3 and 4 kicks. IMO this really had a negative effect for us today. His 3rd tackle kick when Brooks made that great play from our own in goal was telling. We needed to play out that set, not turn the ball over to them on the 30 metre line after just 3 tackles.

Other times he kicks in the 4th when there simply is no reason too. Brooks does it occasionally too, but Marshall thinks he's playing with Robbie again and kicking everytime he doesn't know what else to do.

The sooner Reynolds is back in the 6 the better this team will be.

Alioia who I love, has to fix his hands. His dropped ball after our first try basically cost us the match. Then he drops it when we look to have Parra on the rack with a minute to go. Not good enough at all.

Nofo should be dropped for the eels try that got them to 18. To come in off your wing and make a lazy play not attempting to wrap the ball up directly lead to the try. Who replaces him I don't know, but I think I'm now done with Nofo, that was horrible. His decision early in the game when French went down the sideline and kicked on the 2nd tackle was a horrible read too. I just don't think he's ever gonna get it.

On a positive....thank God for Chris Lawrence.
I'd question the decision to go wide again to try and isolate Moses off the kick off running into the teeth off their defence

Our decision making from our 6 and 7 is costly

Luke Brooks comes out on Fox pre match and says he realizes that his running game is what is clearly is his strength and then basically shelves it

Luke has played well and was OK again , but when the game is on the line the playmaker wants the ball

When he throws that inside ball to Aloiai he had a chance with broken field to get one of the Eels back rowers 1 on 1 with at least 10 metres to play with and a chance then if he doesn't make the clean break to create an overlap ,Gutho was 20 metres away behind the play

I rarely get this pissed with our performances but that needs Cleary to come out in the press and bake them
I absolutely agree that Luke's inside ball to Alioia was the wrong play. He's such a reserved character, even with all the good publicity he's getting, he still cant full back himself. I reckon Cleary needs to throw everything behind him, make Lawrence captain and Luke vice captain. Truly show that it's his team and Luke will grow even further.
Luke is just keeping the jersey warm, he just does not have the personality to be the front runner .

Post by 851 » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:02 pm
851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
851 wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 7:58 pm

Fair dinkum, how much more mollycodling does Brooks get, he should have stood up, 2 weeks in a row but he hasn't.
Time for a change, Benji out and Brooks gets a rocket, can't keep making excuses for our halves.

Brooks was OK behind a beaten pack , but he needs to show faith in his running game

I'd love for Thurston to spend a month or two with Brooks , at least at the end he have the best laugh if nothing else
Why are you confused, previous poster was saying Cleary needs to put everything behind Brooks, he has been given every chance, he needs to do what he says he is going to do pre game, and Benji needs to be moved aside to stop making Brooks job harder.

Isn't helping Brooks when Benji is telling him something completely different pre game and telling him to run the team

I know Geo doesn't agree , but I don't think Brooks ran the ball enough today , but then again I thought the same about Liddle as well

100% agree and that is my point, Benji is making Brooks game suffer, not improve as the media try tell us.
Go hard or go home

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:10 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:53 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:46 pm
willow wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 8:38 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 6:11 pm
Benji has got complacent. Someone said it best when they said he was good in the first few rounds because he had a point to prove. Now he's just back to the same old Benji.

Give Gamble a go next week.
You obviously didn't see him today. Big mistake throwing him into FG at the moment.
Nah I didn't see today's game, I've only seen him a few times but when I have he looked impressive.
Was he poor today?
He struggled, kicked out on the full multiple times among other things.
Gamble is not a halfback though...ISP fell apart without Drinkwater to leave Gamble to just inject himself when needed...would he work with Brooks maybe...

I don't know if you could leave Benji out without getting Packer, Twal and Taylor back at least...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:11 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:07 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Apr, 2018 9:02 pm
851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

100% agree and that is my point, Benji is making Brooks game suffer, not improve as the media try tell us.
Pretty simple solution

Minute Benji overcalls Brooks , Cleary drags him off and sits him on pine and puts on Reynolds

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 12:37 am

Winning starts with hard running and hard hitting in D. If you don't do those two basic things you pretty much can't win against any team that has showed up to play. Everything else comes from that foundation. That's how Newcastle beat us last week and and that's how Parra beat us today. Also, Parra were lucky - they had everything go there way. Forward passes, penalties, lucky plays yet still they just managed a win.
On the other hand, we fumbled the ball, showed poor discipline at crucial times, didn't tackle hard enough and ran the ball up with very little intensity in most cases. The obvious play all day was to turn the ball back inside at the ruck but we rarely did. Parra's defence was lazy coming across and better teams would have exploited that.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 9:56 am

I noticed a few times yesterday Godinet would be at dummy half with his hands out, essentially asking what the plan was, which showed a lack of direction from the halves. It seems to me Benji has gone back into complacency mode, which has been my issue with him his whole career. I cringe every time he says in an interview that he just wants to “have fun”. You’re a professional dude, your focus should be on winning the game.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Skip

Post by Skip » Tue 01 May, 2018 12:34 am

I just don't see what Reynolds can offer apart from his enthusiasm. I never thought much of him, putting him at six is going to ruin us.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 01 May, 2018 4:04 pm

The way to win games in the NRL is to starve the opposition of the ball and the best way to do that is to complete your sets right up to the 6th tackle, not by putting up an aimless kick before the set is complete. If the kicks had some reason to them such as looking for a 40/20 or perhaps seeing an opportunity, then fine but overall we need to dominate possession to get wins.