Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:47 am
sheer64 wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:17 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:51 am
Tui is king of duds.
Not even God of state cup level.
He is not even in the same league as Waste Anasta or Teddy Blair for the title of king of duds for the Wests Tigers.

King of duds real mature.
😂 Have a cry
Must be looking forward to high school tomorrow.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:20 am

Instead of all the theories that he doesn't want to do this or that and is lazy, maybe he was out of form, found form for a rare rep game and will come back to isp in better touch. This is what we should hope for, so if we need him in firsts he is ready. So much hate for a stranger is bad for your blood pressure (Anasta excluded).

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:22 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:13 am
joelw2002 wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:56 pm
Tui didn't have a bad game for Tonga against Samoa. I definitely think five eighth is his best position.
That's the problem I guess , hard not to look great I guess when your playing with all the space that Taumalolo ,Fifita ,Taukehau etc create
Somewhat tonga still have to have game management which was evident when they were kicking and giving 7 tackle set they were getting scored against as they were tired. Tui kicks were good perhaps needs to take more control of that for tonga.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:24 am

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Instead of all the theories that he doesn't want to do this or that and is lazy, maybe he was out of form, found form for a rare rep game and will come back to isp in better touch. This is what we should hope for, so if we need him in firsts he is ready. So much hate for a stranger is bad for your blood pressure (Anasta excluded).

6 and 1 are very different.

With his size coming into season and 3 months to turn into a full back was always going to be hard

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:25 am

old man tiger wrote:
I do agree omt,I also suspect that the knee injury was worse than anticipated and he came back from injury to early...Iam prepared to give the guy the rest of the season to produce some of the x factor he is reputed to have before I cull him completely from my list of talented players...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:27 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:22 am
happy tiger wrote:
joelw2002 wrote:
Tui didn't have a bad game for Tonga against Samoa. I definitely think five eighth is his best position.
That's the problem I guess , hard not to look great I guess when your playing with all the space that Taumalolo ,Fifita ,Taukehau etc create
Somewhat tonga still have to have game management which was evident when they were kicking and giving 7 tackle set they were getting scored against as they were tired. Tui kicks were good perhaps needs to take more control of that for tonga.
He played well , I said as much in live game thread last night

But playing behind the Tonga pack and playing behind the Tigers pack is chalk and cheese

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:47 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:27 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
joelw2002 wrote:

But playing behind the Tonga pack and playing behind the Tigers pack is chalk and cheese
How come our halves get crap put on them all the time then..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:13 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:47 am
happy tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Benji does because he isn't following the game plan and doesn't stay calm and goes for the low percentage play , vintage Benji

Brooks has gone better than I expected this season , but has finally worked out his running game should be his 1st option

But what worries me , will Farah listen to Brooks or go to his old faithful Benji

And you know yourself what happened with Miller , Geo , they basically ignored him until Sheens dropped him

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:26 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
old man tiger wrote:
I do agree omt,I also suspect that the knee injury was worse than anticipated and he came back from injury to early...Iam prepared to give the guy the rest of the season to produce some of the x factor he is reputed to have before I cull him completely from my list of talented players...
Yes, and with our recent recruitment the spine is a lot healthier, with CT next in line for fullback and josh and Benji fighting it out for the 6/14. It will be a bonus if Tui finds form, but we are no longer desperate for it.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:28 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:24 am
old man tiger wrote:

With his size coming into season and 3 months to turn into a full back was always going to be hard
Agree with you about position, talking more about perception of his attitude and hammering a bloke who plays for your club when he has already been hooked 2 or 3 times due to injury and not delivering.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:38 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 8:57 am
TigerBlood93 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 1:44 am
I hope not! I like Tui, besides what do we get out of swapping him for Moses? Still paying close to 700k for Moses. Doesn't make sense
Agreed. Look 700K for Clint Gutherson or someone who has a good fullback record I can agree with.
Mbye, totally don't get this at all. I suspect Reynolds is up selling him. If so I am starting to turn against Reynolds.

I get it, we needed an upgrade at Fullback, we need the speed and security of a good defender.
I don't get Mbye. This player has been crap at the dogs, just because he looks "wow" when the team is 15th does not mean he is a good player. It's like were upgrading a Mitsubishi Mirage for a Holden Barina!
Agree. IT is Tui take 2, he is going to make a great fullback. Completely unproven. The gem in the dogs attack that cannot score a point. Was not a top rate half, but because he is quick, will relish the open spaces of fullback. I hope he works out otherwise we have committed a fair chunk of our cap for the next 4 years. Him and Reynolds are about 15% of out cap gone for the next 3 years.

Add Packer and Matulino & that is about 25% of the cap. Can you build a winning team around this backbone, with no money left for marquee signings, or 8 of your squad on minimum wages?

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:13 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

Benji does because he isn't following the game plan and doesn't stay calm and goes for the low percentage play , vintage Benji

Brooks has gone better than I expected this season , but has finally worked out his running game should be his 1st option

But what worries me , will Farah listen to Brooks or go to his old faithful Benji

And you know yourself what happened with Miller , Geo , they basically ignored him until Sheens dropped him

Brooks definetly in same category as benji

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:38 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:28 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:24 am
old man tiger wrote:

Agree with you about position, talking more about perception of his attitude and hammering a bloke who plays for your club when he has already been hooked 2 or 3 times due to injury and not delivering.
But would he delivered at 6 is my point.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:36 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You have to be joking Marshall may have had 3 acceptable games this season

Brooks for me had probably had 3 below par games this season , mainly due to the forward pack getting squashed like bugs

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 2:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Brooks for me had probably had 3 below par games this season , mainly due to the forward pack getting squashed like bugs

His not playing the 80 we getting smashed second half.

His not game managing second half.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 3:19 pm

I think last night's game showed Tui is a better 5/8 than FB.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 3:52 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
joelw2002 wrote:
He was poor in defence.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:08 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 2:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

His not playing the 80 we getting smashed second half.

His not game managing second half.
I think our missed tackles are controlling the 2nd halves , Brooks apart from last week hasn't been an issue in that

8 misses wasn't good agreed