Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 2:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:40 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:36 pm

Brooks definetly in same category as benji
You have to be joking Marshall may have had 3 acceptable games this season

Brooks for me had probably had 3 below par games this season , mainly due to the forward pack getting squashed like bugs

His not playing the 80 we getting smashed second half.

His not game managing second half.
I think our missed tackles are controlling the 2nd halves , Brooks apart from last week hasn't been an issue in that

8 misses wasn't good agreed
Missing 8 tackles wasnt good but at least he was trying to make them,some of our more experienced and bigger players didnt even go through the motions of trying to tackle.I am not defending Brooks but he was far from the problem

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:13 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:47 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:27 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:22 am

Somewhat tonga still have to have game management which was evident when they were kicking and giving 7 tackle set they were getting scored against as they were tired. Tui kicks were good perhaps needs to take more control of that for tonga.
He played well , I said as much in live game thread last night

But playing behind the Tonga pack and playing behind the Tigers pack is chalk and cheese
How come our halves get crap put on them all the time then..?
Benji does because he isn't following the game plan and doesn't stay calm and goes for the low percentage play , vintage Benji

Brooks has gone better than I expected this season , but has finally worked out his running game should be his 1st option

But what worries me , will Farah listen to Brooks or go to his old faithful Benji

And you know yourself what happened with Miller , Geo , they basically ignored him until Sheens dropped him
You are Kidding me!!

Seriously, Benji has been well composed since coming back
He has rarely made mistakes compared to his impromptu days when he was younger

And you are already making assumptions about Farah

You sound like a typical bitter ex.. Everyone is guilty by your summary

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm

I took particular notice of Tui last night - and it became obvious amongst all the good things that he did - he had a problem (same problem he has had for the Tigers the last few games at least).

That problem is tackling low, something that he can do very well, especially in cover defence. Tackling low is just not in his game at the moment, why?

Is it something to do with the knee or some other injury he is carrying?

I know there are plenty ready to rubbish him (forget that for the moment and be serious) It is totally out of character for him.

As for nor having a heart, being afraid to run to the line - load of rubbish.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:08 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:36 pm

Brooks definetly in same category as benji

Brooks for me had probably had 3 below par games this season , mainly due to the forward pack getting squashed like bugs

I think our missed tackles are controlling the 2nd halves , Brooks apart from last week hasn't been an issue in that

Against sharks it was books kicking game. His nowhere near the 80 minute player u view him as imo. He cant control the 80 and benji been helping with tha5 when his playing well.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:03 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm
I took particular notice of Tui last night - and it became obvious amongst all the good things that he did - he had a problem (same problem he has had for the Tigers the last few games at least).

That problem is tackling low, something that he can do very well, especially in cover defence. Tackling low is just not in his game at the moment, why?

I know there are plenty ready to rubbish him (forget that for the moment and be serious) It is totally out of character for him.

Great post.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:06 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:38 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:28 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:24 am
old man tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Instead of all the theories that he doesn't want to do this or that and is lazy, maybe he was out of form, found form for a rare rep game and will come back to isp in better touch. This is what we should hope for, so if we need him in firsts he is ready. So much hate for a stranger is bad for your blood pressure (Anasta excluded).

6 and 1 are very different.

With his size coming into season and 3 months to turn into a full back was always going to be hard
Agree with you about position, talking more about perception of his attitude and hammering a bloke who plays for your club when he has already been hooked 2 or 3 times due to injury and not delivering.
But would he delivered at 6 is my point.
I'm with you now. I guess with Reynolds and Marshall Ivan saw a different need?

Post by 851 » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:07 pm

Russell wrote:

Well that is what I have seen from him in a Weststigers jumper the last month, not interested on top of what you mentioned
Go hard or go home

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:09 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:14 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Missing 8 tackles wasnt good but at least he was trying to make them,some of our more experienced and bigger players didnt even go through the motions of trying to tackle.I am not defending Brooks but he was far from the problem
His running game and defence have improved a lot.

7 is a tough job one silly kick can change the momentum of the game. His still pushing silly passes and will forget to just kick the corners and do an in field kick which noone is expecting. Thats where nathan has it over him his a more consistant smarter footballer which helps the overall team.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:17 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:07 pm
Russell wrote:

Well that is what I have seen from him in a Weststigers jumper the last month, not interested on top of what you mentioned
Yeah, he had a crack last night, had a real go...same cant be said his last recent games for us, anything else is a load of rubbush

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:20 pm

Someone mentioned it in here a little earlier .. how about trying Tui in the "centres" .. ?? He's pretty creative in his running .. centres are supposed to run .. would it be worth a shot or not .. ??

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:35 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:24 am
old man tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Instead of all the theories that he doesn't want to do this or that and is lazy, maybe he was out of form, found form for a rare rep game and will come back to isp in better touch. This is what we should hope for, so if we need him in firsts he is ready. So much hate for a stranger is bad for your blood pressure (Anasta excluded).

6 and 1 are very different.

With his size coming into season and 3 months to turn into a full back was always going to be hard
You need to be super fit to be a good fullback. I think graham eadie was the last fullback that had a similar body shape to tui, the game has progressed somewhat since the 1970’s

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm

Russell wrote:

Tend to agree with this.
People forget that sometimes players just come back too early from serious injuries and expose themselves to criticism for poor form or lack of application during games. But just try walking for an hour with a blister on your toe and multiply pain by 100 and see how you go.
In my opinion players such as Tui, Liddle, Reynolds and Packer all suffered injuries which affected their form this year so one has to keep that in mind.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:05 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Against sharks it was books kicking game. His nowhere near the 80 minute player u view him as imo. He cant control the 80 and benji been helping with tha5 when his playing well.
I think you will find most halves have quite patches in games ..that's why there are 2 of them..If you are relying just 1 to control a game for 80mins ..it's too easy for opposition teams to just number up and nullify anything they do..

Imagine if Hunt didn't have Widdop or Cleary didn't have Maloney Cronk with no Keary contributing to controling a game and so on and so forth
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:50 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

But playing behind the Tonga pack and playing behind the Tigers pack is chalk and cheese
Benji does because he isn't following the game plan and doesn't stay calm and goes for the low percentage play , vintage Benji

Brooks has gone better than I expected this season , but has finally worked out his running game should be his 1st option

But what worries me , will Farah listen to Brooks or go to his old faithful Benji

And you know yourself what happened with Miller , Geo , they basically ignored him until Sheens dropped him
You are Kidding me!!

Are you watching any games this year , Benji has been garbage ever since the 2nd half of the 1st Parra game apart from his floating bombs

As for Robbie , what does Dr Phil say about predicting the future and going off what they have done in the past

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

You are Kidding me!!

Are you watching any games this year , Benji has been garbage ever since the 2nd half of the 1st Parra game apart from his floating bombs

As for Robbie , what does Dr Phil say about predicting the future and going off what they have done in the past
i think we have been watching the same games through different lenses.

Benji tries to scramble everywhere in defence, Robbie will do the same.
They are effort players and they put everything on the line on the field, thats my opinion

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:56 pm

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:51 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm
happy tiger wrote:

You are Kidding me!!

i think we have been watching the same games through different lenses.

Benji tries to scramble everywhere in defence, Robbie will do the same.
They are effort players and they put everything on the line on the field, thats my opinion
Unless your surname is Hayne or Moses , most blokes put it all on the line every week

I would rather they played smart every game and picked and choose their moments , let the future shine through

Their days in the sun are almost over , time for others to shine

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

You are Kidding me!!

So what’s the game plan Happy?
Can you tell us how you know what it is?

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:44 pm

i think tui is a player that can tear apart anything lower than firstgrade.
he's got natural skill, but unfortunately that next level up he just hasn't been consistent enough to make his mark.