What’s happened to Josh ALOIAI..

Wests Tigers Discussion
larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

What’s happened to Josh ALOIAI..

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 3:20 pm

Does anyone know why he was dropped? Too small for the middle or not mobile enough for backrow. Engine not big enough?


Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 14 May, 2018 3:28 pm

Don’t know. He’s a very brave player. I love him. Should be there before Sue. Maybe IC is trying to rotate the squad to give guys a chance to have a spell and freshen up in ISP?
Truth be told, as long as we win, that’s the most important thing
Let's make the Tigers great again!

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 3:33 pm

He is one of our strongest runners....good impact off the bench. Now that we do not have to carry two hookers you would think he gets a bench spot.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 3:42 pm

I think he is the best impact player option we have right now when he holds onto the ball and is still young

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 3:43 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 3:28 pm
Don’t know. He’s a very brave player. I love him. Should be there before Sue. Maybe IC is trying to rotate the squad to give guys a chance to have a spell and freshen up in ISP?
Truth be told, as long as we win, that’s the most important thing
I agree. I think Ivan's planning g for September. Our squad could well be the freshest of the top eight. And we'll need to be to be competitive at that stage. So far, so good.


User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2210
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:06 pm

Played big minutes in #13... maybe building up his fitness for a different role in the NRL team?

User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:08 pm

Ran very hard in the ISP on Saturday. Scored a try crashing 10 metres thru heaps of defence. He'll be baaaack.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:20 pm

Good coaches dont treat everyone equally.

Imo josh Aloiai is being ridden hard and asked to really have a dig.

The coach knows that if he gets him right he is a difference maker in our pack.
Its an opinion!

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:22 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:20 pm
Good coaches dont treat everyone equally.

Imo josh Aloiai is being ridden hard and asked to really have a dig.

The coach knows that if he gets him right he is a difference maker in our pack.
It’s clear to see. But I’m not sure he has ever done a pre season, so maybe getting him ready for a different role down the track as suggested. He’s a class above isp level.....ran through half the pack to score on weekend.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:25 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:22 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:20 pm
Good coaches dont treat everyone equally.

Imo josh Aloiai is being ridden hard and asked to really have a dig.

The coach knows that if he gets him right he is a difference maker in our pack.
It’s clear to see. But I’m not sure he has ever done a pre season, so maybe getting him ready for a different role down the track as suggested. He’s a class above isp level.....ran through half the pack to score on weekend.
Yep he has been injured and missed previous pre seasons and this year from memory he went down before round 1.

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 727
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:33 pm

I thought it may have been because he has been making quite a few errors, dropped ball etc, I'm sure he'll be back soon though he's a tough player

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:45 pm

tigeress wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:33 pm
I thought it may have been because he has been making quite a few errors, dropped ball etc, I'm sure he'll be back soon though he's a tough player
I think vs parra he made a few mistakes

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:47 pm

But I think he really needs to work on his fitness. If he is on bench and a backrower goes off for hia..,,he ain’t got the minutes in him. Only reason Rochow gets a start before him, but you would think he has sue covered?

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27190
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 May, 2018 4:54 pm

Josh ALOIAI..it's really not that hard...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:54 pm
Josh ALOIAI..it's really not that hard...
I find it really hard....I blame it on whoever nicknamed him garlic mayonnaise.

Anyway I’m sure the fact his name is difficult to spell isn’t the reason he is in isp atm

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:17 pm

barra wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:06 pm
Played big minutes in #13... maybe building up his fitness for a different role in the NRL team?
Makes more sense than freshening him up for September. The fact he played more minutes in ISP should be the telling factor you would think.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:55 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:22 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:20 pm
Good coaches dont treat everyone equally.

Imo josh Aloiai is being ridden hard and asked to really have a dig.

The coach knows that if he gets him right he is a difference maker in our pack.
It’s clear to see. But I’m not sure he has ever done a pre season, so maybe getting him ready for a different role down the track as suggested. He’s a class above isp level.....ran through half the pack to score on weekend.
Agreed, he is a quality footballer. ISP defences will struggle to hold him.

For me id just like to see him show that he wants to be a star player. Not just a part of the team. Show a bit of ego.

Once he does i think we have the player we have been looking for.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Mon 14 May, 2018 6:04 pm

He made some pretty bad errors against the Eels. Probably just getting him focused.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. swag tiger. criwdfluffer.

Post Reply