**Live game thread**

Tigerdave

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:38 am

Tiger Gaz wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:39 am
Why in just about most games are Tigers on the wrong side of the penalty count, are the Tigers that bad? Worst still, Tigers seem to be penalised heavily at critical times during games. Tigers virtually had no ball last night.
Don't think we are that bad felt like a lot of the 2nd half was more of a square up. A number of the 1st half penalties against he Panthers though we a bit ordinary too, it felt like they were going back to the start of the year, but then didn't worry about it in the 2nd half.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:52 am

king sirro wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:02 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:04 pm
king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:27 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:22 pm

What has liddle done?

Every week he kills our attack with the old Robbie style runs. Only done it once tonight but it was a crucial one. He has been horrendous the past month. Needs the year in ISP. He has been rushed into first grade, its not fair on him physically IMO. The big boys destroy him.
I have suspected this for awhile - now you have proven it - You have no idea.

Again, someone who disagrees but makes no attempt to explain why my points about Liddles current game are wrong. Actually, no one has countered any of my issues. There have been a few who have given reasons as to why he isn't going great, and that fair enough. Basically that's all i have done too. Besides criticising his choices to run, I haven't really blamed Jacob. I have said has been rushed. I'm not sure i have ever seen a young kid not yet established, put straight into first grade after 2 shoulder reconstructions. Personally, I think that's unfair on Liddle.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player (I did say that in the live game thread but that was silly emotion talking).

Your a fan boy supporter Russell, you fall in love with someone and then blindly see what no others do. First Lolohea, and since he was proven to be a dud, you jumped on Liddle and take it way too hard when one of your boys is criticised. Jacob has been unfairly treated by Cleary and he has some things he needs to work on. If that upsets you then you need help.
I tried to discuss it last night bud , you seem to have put me on foe :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:02 pm

KS Liddle (well any hooker ) can't just take off if without the right hit up before hand , absolute waste if he does

How often did our back 5 land on the stomach's in the 2nd half and get a quick play the ball

Too many we trying to wrestle and get away an offload , yes it helps our 2nd phase , doesn't help Liddle unless the 2nd phase creates a quick play the ball

The last 10 minutes he got a few chances and looked dangerous with two of his darts

Our completion rate was around 60-65% in the 2nd half at best

The way our back 5 plays isn't the best for any running hooker

Be interesting though once Liddle and Fonua play a few games together though , he is a different beast (excuse the pun ) altogether and I can see Liddle playing off the back of Fonua's charges far more successfully

My other issue is when is someone following Liddle when he does make a charge , Thompson /Brooks and Reynolds when fit should be attached to his bum every time he takes off

Happy with that analysis KS ??

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:52 am
weststigers wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:16 am
cktiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:08 am
weststigers wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:14 am
We just looked like we did everything slower than they did.

Their line speed and PTB was faster than ours all night.

Stats show we completed at 77% (30/39) vs 81% (34/42) and 44% possession.

It felt like it was, penalty, penalty, our ball, our error - their ball, penalty, penalty all second half.

I guess you can't make mistakes if you don't have the ball...

Does anyone know our completion rate and total sets we have in the 2nd half?
By ‘ line speed’ do you mean being offside until the last 10 minutes?
I don't know mate. I couldn't really see that on TV. Do you feel Penrith were offside for 30 minutes of the 2nd half? Is that why we lost?
It is not the reason we lost but I can tell you Penrith were in front and left early on both sides of the ruck as well as not getting back to the ref..esp Fisher-Harris Campbell-Gillard and Harawira-Naera (must be the double barrell's) for the majority of the game....Cummins chose when to penalise and when not too...
Yeah we were up against it on a number of fronts last night

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:55 pm

We lost the yardage battle and our plodders have hit the wall .

Though lawrence , Twal , eisenhuth , Taylor and sue to a lesser extent are pretty good defenders , they offer nothing with the ball in hand .
We need more grunt !

Our only real attacking options are Marsters and Fonua .

You know your forward pack is bog average is when a hack like James Tamou carves you up ..
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 11:52 am
king sirro wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:02 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 11:04 pm
king sirro wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 9:27 pm

Every week he kills our attack with the old Robbie style runs. Only done it once tonight but it was a crucial one. He has been horrendous the past month. Needs the year in ISP. He has been rushed into first grade, its not fair on him physically IMO. The big boys destroy him.
I have suspected this for awhile - now you have proven it - You have no idea.

Again, someone who disagrees but makes no attempt to explain why my points about Liddles current game are wrong. Actually, no one has countered any of my issues. There have been a few who have given reasons as to why he isn't going great, and that fair enough. Basically that's all i have done too. Besides criticising his choices to run, I haven't really blamed Jacob. I have said has been rushed. I'm not sure i have ever seen a young kid not yet established, put straight into first grade after 2 shoulder reconstructions. Personally, I think that's unfair on Liddle.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player (I did say that in the live game thread but that was silly emotion talking).

Your a fan boy supporter Russell, you fall in love with someone and then blindly see what no others do. First Lolohea, and since he was proven to be a dud, you jumped on Liddle and take it way too hard when one of your boys is criticised. Jacob has been unfairly treated by Cleary and he has some things he needs to work on. If that upsets you then you need help.
I tried to discuss it last night bud , you seem to have put me on foe :D

Russell and the Patriot mate, not you. Both didnt want to offer up actual points. Yourself and Ink made your points which is what should happen, I read them and think "ok, not how I feel but i see why they think it" and move on. But I dont like when posters reply to members with the old "that rubbish, you have no idea" etc etc, at least they should offer why they think your opinion is rubbish if they want act out. You and i disagree on some footy things, likewise Geo and myself, but we say why we disagree, we dont just throw out weak reply's.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 12:02 pm
KS Liddle (well any hooker ) can't just take off if without the right hit up before hand , absolute waste if he does

How often did our back 5 land on the stomach's in the 2nd half and get a quick play the ball

Too many we trying to wrestle and get away an offload , yes it helps our 2nd phase , doesn't help Liddle unless the 2nd phase creates a quick play the ball

The last 10 minutes he got a few chances and looked dangerous with two of his darts

Be interesting though once Liddle and Fonua play a few games together though , he is a different beast (excuse the pun ) altogether and I can see Liddle playing off the back of Fonua's charges far more successfully

My other issue is when is someone following Liddle when he does make a charge , Thompson /Brooks and Reynolds when fit should be attached to his bum every time he takes off

He ran last night after we had an incredible set with a huge roll on and still didnt "take off", so what the excuse for that? He is cantering out of dummy half just like Robbie Farah used. His best asset is his speed. All I'm asking if it he's going to run then bloody run fast. No idea why that has caused such an issue. Dont dawdle.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:42 pm

weststigers wrote:
cktiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

It felt like it was, penalty, penalty, our ball, our error - their ball, penalty, penalty all second half.

I don't know mate. I couldn't really see that on TV. Do you feel Penrith were offside for 30 minutes of the 2nd half? Is that why we lost?
The offside is hard to tell on the TV but i think they were given latitude in the second half and the refs were looking to even the penalty count. Penrith were slowing the play down, laying on the tackled player, hands in the ruck and none were pulled up.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:47 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:17 pm
happy tiger wrote:

He ran last night after we had an incredible set with a huge roll on and still didnt "take off", so what the excuse for that? He is cantering out of dummy half just like Robbie Farah used. His best asset is his speed. All I'm asking if it he's going to run then bloody run fast. No idea why that has caused such an issue. Dont dawdle.
We commented at the time as it was right in front of us..He tried to pull a Farah...the markers were not square but who cares...play on....Brooks was not happy...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:34 am
cktiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

Give away the sin bin early when your blokes still fresh, have a massive dig for 10 then keep being offside for the rest of the game...refs only bin one or two teams twice in a game....You could see what was coming

innsaneink
Post by innsaneink » Sun 13 May, 2018 1:58 pm
These bastards are worse than Melbourne in being offside at every play.
Be prepared for a very frustrating night from Penrith and whoever the ref is
I was thinking the same thing. It's almost tactical, as in sides are less afraid of the 10 mins than they used to be, and Johns noted on the call that some sides are so organised in D now that giving away penalties is an overall advantageous strategy. I.e. sides prefer the breather and are willing to withstand repeated sets.

Note that neither side conceded a try in the bin periods. Warriors got us once each per set, but they are quite good at spreading the footy around and offloading.

Penrith actually got a bit worse / more disjointed when they attacked us 13 v 12.

Penrith continued to apply the same ruck pressure all 80 mins, but as you noted, they only got ripped for it for about the first 20 mins, then the refs just got used to it. Then they harangued us for about 20 mins in the second half. It's almost like one-eyed reffing, only one team is at fault for specific periods of the game.

Penalty count ended 11-11? We gave away something like 7 of the last 9, and Penrith gave 2 late ones when we finally got some ball.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:41 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:47 pm
king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

We commented at the time as it was right in front of us..He tried to pull a Farah...the markers were not square but who cares...play on....Brooks was not happy...
Where is the support when he does take off Geo ??

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:41 pm
Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

No support ...too gassed from making 10,000 tackles !
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

The 1st time he had none

The second time I'm talking about he made about 1/2 a metre trying to pull a penalty we had the Pamfers short for numbers on the short side Luke screaming for the ball..as the winger had just made a tackle and caught in the ruck with Katoa not square and Cummins is a flog..the end
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:49 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:

The 1st time he had none

The second time I'm talking about he made about 1/2 a metre trying to pull a penalty we had the Pamfers short for numbers on the short side Luke screaming for the ball..as the winger had just made a tackle and caught in the ruck with Katoa not square and Cummins is a flog..the end
Yeah have to watch again , it was about this stage when EB and I were mocking the whole side with our tactics

"Yeah Thommo's thrown a 20 metre pass to MWZ or Nofoaluma , this will pay off EB you watch NOT "

"Benji thrown a 30 metre cut out to the widest player and he'll beat the 8 defenders now lined up on him ' :lol:

When my 14 year old is mocking us and our attack , something is seriously wrong with the team's mindset and thought process

We went stupid with 11 minutes to go , all it would have taken was one try ......we didn't need Benjiball , must admit Benji and Thompson combined well a couple of times , take the tackle Thommo and play off a fast play the ball instead a miracle flip while falling o a winger who seemed to have no idea it was on

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

They were waiting for the ball to go to Brooks.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:52 pm

TCL wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:42 pm
weststigers wrote:
cktiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

The offside is hard to tell on the TV but i think they were given latitude in the second half and the refs were looking to even the penalty count. Penrith were slowing the play down, laying on the tackled player, hands in the ruck and none were pulled up.
No doubt. I think Finch said it on Fox Sports. How can one team be perfect in the 1st Half and give away no penalties, then that same team is suddenly giving away all the penalties.

It's obvious to see, and I'm not saying I like it, but it happens in almost every game.