It Takes Longer then a year to Rebuild a Club

barra

Re: We lack Talent

Post by barra » Fri 18 May, 2018 10:28 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:33 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 10:27 pm
Not sure we won't play finals footy this season Eddie......Abit of tinkering from IC and we can make it. Should thrive thru the origin period this season and our finish is ok the last month. Hopefully he sees his flaws in his selections.
You can't blame Cleary for what happened out their tonight

Fatigue induced panic I think , but they need to be smarter and someone needed to lay down the law for them out there , give them a right bullocking

Complete a bloody set , get back in the grind , give yourself a bloody chance , you can't win a game without the ball

Simple , isn't it
Isn't that supposed to be Benji's job?

Or Packalino? Or one of the other captains?!

Maybe we need Reynolds back on the park. Please, someone take proper control!

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:
Not sure we won't play finals footy this season Eddie......Abit of tinkering from IC and we can make it. Should thrive thru the origin period this season and our finish is ok the last month. Hopefully he sees his flaws in his selections.

Fatigue induced panic I think , but they need to be smarter and someone needed to lay down the law for them out there , give them a right bullocking

Complete a bloody set , get back in the grind , give yourself a bloody chance , you can't win a game without the ball

Simple , isn't it
It’s been the same story for quite a few weeks now Happy. I’ll discipline, bad ball control and poor options from the halves. What do they do at training? Why can’t they rectify these things?

I believe we won the penalty count 9-2 in the second half, is that right? If so, how the hell could we not score any points from that?? The only team that we looked good against attack-wise was a very out of sorts Manly!

We are in desperate need of some strike players in both the forwards and the backs, but it would help first if we could just hold onto the bloody ball and stop giving away penalties!

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:17 pm
happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Simple , isn't it
And that is exactly the job Marshall should be doing. He is fair dinkum brain dead when it comes to making smart decisions. He needs to go - Reynolds or Tui or both, for me.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:39 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Unless they pull 2 off three major signings in the next month they are no chance of making the 8. Not being negative, just a fact of life, use do not have the speed,powedr or size. We will not come last, but we will fall short of the 8

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:06 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Simple , isn't it
It’s been the same story for quite a few weeks now Happy. I’ll discipline, bad ball control and poor options from the halves. What do they do at training? Why can’t they rectify these things?

I believe we won the penalty count 9-2 in the second half, is that right? If so, how the hell could we not score any points from that?? The only team that we looked good against attack-wise was a very out of sorts Manly!

We are in desperate need of some strike players in both the forwards and the backs, but it would help first if we could just hold onto the bloody ball and stop giving away penalties!

Spud - the penalty count in the second half was 9-2 against us. At one stage it was 7-0 and we also had 12 men for 10 mins in the second half. Basically Penrith were camped in our half for most of the second 40 mins and when we did get the ball we lost it through trying to play catch up and get out of of our own territory, poor discipline offloads, etc. 60% completion rate in the second half is simply not good enough.
The Panthers played really smart footy with great line speed and dominated the ruck. It made it very difficult for Brooks and Benji with little go forward from our pack. A couple of our guys made some good runs but not enough and not one after the other so that we could get them back peddling. Their forwards won that game -everyone of them played very well (even Tamou). But look at their pack- they have to have close to the best forward roster in the NRL - then add Maloney, Cleary, Peachey, Whare etc. Once they get all their players back they will be hard to beat.
Our pack just don't have that same penetration that is getting them on the front foot and making Maloney and Cleary look like geniuses.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:49 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Simple , isn't it

8-2 penalty count in the 1st half from memory , but we bombed three chances , two of them we blew EXACTLY the same way

Right edge is Penrith's weaker edge in defence , Rowdy bends the line with a great angled crash line , and instead of rehitting them on the same edge we go back to their left

Its either Brooks or Marshall (assuming that Taylor is listening to the halves )

So from the fans at the ground , does Marshall over ride or is Brooks taking bad options ??

Hard to tell from TV but I think it is Marshall from the reactions

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:49 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Simple , isn't it

8-2 penalty count in the 1st half from memory , but we bombed three chances , two of them we blew EXACTLY the same way

Right edge is Penrith's weaker edge in defence , Rowdy bends the line with a great angled crash line , and instead of rehitting them on the same edge we go back to their left

Its either Brooks or Marshall (assuming that Taylor is listening to the halves )

So from the fans at the ground , does Marshall over ride or is Brooks taking bad options ??

Hard to tell from TV but I think it is Marshall from the reactions
Brooks taking bad options ....

Marshall is THE bad option .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 19 May, 2018 9:30 am

TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:06 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Simple , isn't it

Spud - the penalty count in the second half was 9-2 against us. At one stage it was 7-0 and we also had 12 men for 10 mins in the second half. Basically Penrith were camped in our half for most of the second 40 mins and when we did get the ball we lost it through trying to play catch up and get out of of our own territory, poor discipline offloads, etc. 60% completion rate in the second half is simply not good enough.
The Panthers played really smart footy with great line speed and dominated the ruck. It made it very difficult for Brooks and Benji with little go forward from our pack. A couple of our guys made some good runs but not enough and not one after the other so that we could get them back peddling. Their forwards won that game -everyone of them played very well (even Tamou). But look at their pack- they have to have close to the best forward roster in the NRL - then add Maloney, Cleary, Peachey, Whare etc. Once they get all their players back they will be hard to beat.
Our pack just don't have that same penetration that is getting them on the front foot and making Maloney and Cleary look like geniuses.
Ah sorry my bad! I didn't see the game, someone told me it was 9-2 to us in the second half, but I guess since the penalty count ended up even 11 all the we must've had a 9-2 advantage in the first half. Either way we had a big advantage in one half of the game, but still couldn't do anything with it!

Penrith just too good and all of Benji's brilliance of the first 4 weeks has just turned to crap! I honestly don't know how he can just change like that - just keep playing like you were early on Benji, how hard can it be? :x

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 19 May, 2018 11:23 am

Penrith are contenders this year with a far superior roster and to keep them scoreless in the second half under the circumstances of the game - was a huge step up for this team compared to what has been dished up in previous years.
The good start to our season was always going to be tested when the dust settled. Had we not started so well most would have been reasonably satisfied with that result.
True reflection of the two teams - they exposed our weaknesses and still we hung in there and toughed it out.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:13 pm

IMHO, our biggest weaknesses are:
- no 80% + goalkicker;
- 2nd row -. we need 2 powerful players
- 1 'taking no prisoners' prop

Re: prop I would like is someone like A Paasi from NZ, not on big money
re goalkicker my choice is Taukeiaho, he also fulfills the roll of aggressive/powerfull 2nd rower
My second 2nd rower is Tuimalolo, pay him whatever he wants :sign:

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:19 pm

Marsters continues to shine against a good Panthers' team, His cousin has exactly the same build playing fullback in ISP now on tv.