twal binning

criwdfluffer

twal binning

Post by criwdfluffer » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:48 am

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:17 am

I can't see that video but I remember it clearly.
The fact that this game ended up 11 penalties a piece and 2 sin binnings a piece is proof that the refs run the show.
The twal sin bin was premeditated, no question. Ref was just waiting for the opportunity.
We all know it was a simple knock on by Penrith but everyone seems to accept it because it was a square up.

Warble

Post by Warble » Fri 18 May, 2018 6:28 am

Penrith sinbin got 3 replays on fox.
I thought i saw a Penrith knockon and was waiting to see what happened with Twal send off..
No replay.
Even Finch's commentary laughed how penrith receive 9 penalties in the first half and us 2 and it completely swings around second half.
Really ordinary reffing tonight by all officials. The fact that both refs missed Clearys knockon just before half time was laughable.
That said, we just not up to it tonight. Penrith was a better side. Our scrambling defense saved us from a hefty scoreline.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:26 am

Warble wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 6:28 am

Really ordinary reffing tonight by all officials. The fact that both refs missed Clearys knockon just before half time was laughable.
That was woeful. I was screaming at the telly to just let him score so it would be overturned on review.

Not blaming the refs for loss as they were horrible both ways, but those 2 have absolutely no idea when a player is milking. Very frustrating.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:28 am

Penrith deserved their win, but they are the quickest Team i have ever seen come off their line in defence, offside ? you make up your own mind.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Fri 18 May, 2018 7:49 am

Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.
Suffering supporter since 1967

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:08 am

Masterton wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 7:26 am
Warble wrote:

That was woeful. I was screaming at the telly to just let him score so it would be overturned on review.

Not blaming the refs for loss as they were horrible both ways, but those 2 have absolutely no idea when a player is milking. Very frustrating.
Nearly as woeful as the one against Brooks that fell about a meter behind him that had everyone bemused. As for milking, calling a player out for it and then penalising MCK earlier put us under unnecessary pressure.

Very poor from the middle officials, but Penrith were a hot side last night and any side would have had a lot of trouble just keeping in touch with them.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:27 am

9 didn't show the reply. Refs were crap but they didn't cost us the game.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:28 am

Masterton wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 7:26 am
Warble wrote:

But it was finally picked up at least

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 8:44 am

voice of reason wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 7:49 am
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.
Penalised for within the 10m? Twal was getting into position at second marker, when the guy still on one knee tried to play it and lost it. How could Twal be penalised for being within the 10m, what on the previous play?

If that's what the ref said, it just goes to show that they blow the whistle just because, and then went looking for an excuse.

Like one of the Panthers no try that they sent up... we think they might not have scored, as there was possibly an obstruction, but Tigers were offside anyway... so if no try give the Pennies a penalty. And did the replay check the onside? No chance because then they could be seen as wrong.

We lost to the Panthers mostly because we were outplayed, they were too good, we are awful in attack. But these referees are determining how the games go in a more blatant way than ever before. With most teams so close, unless we are at the absolute top of our game (like vs Storm earlier in the year), when they decide we are going to lose, then it will take a massive effort to overturn that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:10 am

Basically we lost because from 1 to 17 Penrith were bigger, quicker and more ability. Most of their forwards could match it in a foot race with anyone in our team

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:20 am

I dream of a game where the referees don't have so much involvement, but knowing the probable lack of attention they got in their past years they decide to run the show like it's broadway

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 18 May, 2018 11:13 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 8:44 am
voice of reason wrote:
Penalised for within the 10m? Twal was getting into position at second marker, when the guy still on one knee tried to play it and lost it. How could Twal be penalised for being within the 10m, what on the previous play?

If that's what the ref said, it just goes to show that they blow the whistle just because, and then went looking for an excuse.

Like one of the Panthers no try that they sent up... we think they might not have scored, as there was possibly an obstruction, but Tigers were offside anyway... so if no try give the Pennies a penalty. And did the replay check the onside? No chance because then they could be seen as wrong.

We lost to the Panthers mostly because we were outplayed, they were too good, we are awful in attack. But these referees are determining how the games go in a more blatant way than ever before. With most teams so close, unless we are at the absolute top of our game (like vs Storm earlier in the year), when they decide we are going to lose, then it will take a massive effort to overturn that.
The NRL app, which I believe has official rulings, noted that Twal was penalised for "crowding". It's in the play-by-play section.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 19 May, 2018 10:21 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 11:13 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 8:44 am
voice of reason wrote:

The NRL app, which I believe has official rulings, noted that Twal was penalised for "crowding". It's in the play-by-play section.
Hopefully we can get back to a standard of play where it doesn't matter how many times we get penalised (like vs Storm) but we can hold true regardless. A tough ask, but achievable (most weeks).
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:43 am

voice of reason wrote:
I wasn't sure if he said 10 metres or 10 minutes. If it was 10 metres, why did they wait until after the guy had gotten up to play the ball?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:49 am

Juro wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:43 am
voice of reason wrote:
I wasn't sure if he said 10 metres or 10 minutes. If it was 10 metres, why did they wait until after the guy had gotten up to play the ball?
I don't know. At first I was sure it was for a 'strip' but then the refs said something like 'it was for 10 metres' - obviously in response to someone questioning it. I haven't watched it again so there's a chance I mis-heard.
Suffering supporter since 1967

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:18 am

From my OP you can watch it if you click on WATCH ON FACEBOOK.

The decision is a howler.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 21 May, 2018 11:09 am

voice of reason wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:49 am
Juro wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:43 am
voice of reason wrote:
I don't know. At first I was sure it was for a 'strip' but then the refs said something like 'it was for 10 metres' - obviously in response to someone questioning it. I haven't watched it again so there's a chance I mis-heard.
Penalised for crowding.