Official Moses Mbye signs till 2022..

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5864
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Re: Official Moses Mbye signs till 2022..

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:31 am

Certainly isnt....


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10109
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:38 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 9:53 am
What do he and the Dogs get out of him playing tomorrow besides him getting booed out of the ground.
Most likely 2 Comp points ..
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5104
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:07 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 9:53 am
What do he and the Dogs get out of him playing tomorrow besides him getting booed out of the ground.
Most likely 2 Comp points ..
Why would he get booed ..like Reynolds did not want to leave , the club punted then !

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22198
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:14 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:07 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 9:53 am
What do he and the Dogs get out of him playing tomorrow besides him getting booed out of the ground.
Most likely 2 Comp points ..
Why would he get booed ..like Reynolds did not want to leave , the club punted then !
The Kennel is a pretty guide.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:46 pm

He is most welcome!


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40527
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 8:50 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/14/mos ... on-friday/


Moses Mbye is on Friday expected to finalise a mid-season switch to the Wests Tigers, but not before a final farewell for Canterbury against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore Sportsground on Saturday.

NRL.com understands Mbye, who is reluctantly departing the Bulldogs to help ease the club's salary cap predicament, has finally agreed to make an early switch to help the Tigers in their pursuit of finals football in 2018.

The release documentation is expected to be formalised on Friday.

Mbye had signed a four-year deal with the Tigers from next year, however, it's in the Tigers and Bulldogs' best interest for Mbye to switch clubs before the June 30 trade deadline.

While the Tigers boost their hopes of playing finals football, the Bulldogs get the chance to begin forward paying 2019 contracts to help their dire salary cap situation.

Mbye was reluctant to leave the Bulldogs prior to the end of the season out of loyalty to his teammates, however, there has been mounting pressure on the fullback to make the change immediately.

He is expected to play his final game for the Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore Sportsgound on Saturday, however, an injury could throw a spanner in the works.
His Bulldogs teammate, Aaron Woods, was expected to join the Cronulla Sharks this week, however, the two clubs haven't been able to reach an agreement over the portion of Woods' contract they will pay.
Does anyone think the Bulldogs are going to cause themselves some long term pain with the direction they are heading

How could anyone trust them to keep a single commitment

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 8:50 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/14/mos ... on-friday/


Moses Mbye is on Friday expected to finalise a mid-season switch to the Wests Tigers, but not before a final farewell for Canterbury against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore Sportsground on Saturday.

NRL.com understands Mbye, who is reluctantly departing the Bulldogs to help ease the club's salary cap predicament, has finally agreed to make an early switch to help the Tigers in their pursuit of finals football in 2018.

The release documentation is expected to be formalised on Friday.

Mbye had signed a four-year deal with the Tigers from next year, however, it's in the Tigers and Bulldogs' best interest for Mbye to switch clubs before the June 30 trade deadline.

While the Tigers boost their hopes of playing finals football, the Bulldogs get the chance to begin forward paying 2019 contracts to help their dire salary cap situation.

Mbye was reluctant to leave the Bulldogs prior to the end of the season out of loyalty to his teammates, however, there has been mounting pressure on the fullback to make the change immediately.

He is expected to play his final game for the Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore Sportsgound on Saturday, however, an injury could throw a spanner in the works.
His Bulldogs teammate, Aaron Woods, was expected to join the Cronulla Sharks this week, however, the two clubs haven't been able to reach an agreement over the portion of Woods' contract they will pay.
Does anyone think the Bulldogs are going to cause themselves some long term pain with the direction they are heading

How could anyone trust them to keep a single commitment
Now there trying to medically retire For an without cause. What a joke. I have no sympathy for them. Hope they get the spoon.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm

I dont expect Mbye to turn our fortunes instantly
But getting him here for the remainder of the season sets us up to hit the ground running next year
And with a few more signings to come we are looking good

But before we get to far ahead we are still in with a shot of finals this year
Well done on your work Ivan

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:31 pm

Yep - Mbye to fullback and Farah to hooker. Two problem positions sorted for the year - maybe.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7964
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:28 pm

yeti wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:31 pm
Yep - Mbye to fullback and Farah to hooker. Two problem positions sorted for the year - maybe.
It's honestly better than we could have ever hoped for. The season is not dusted for us. We are right on Brisbane's coat tails for 8th and we shouldn't throw it away. Not solving the 1 and 9 issue is tantamount to throwing it away. Mbye and Farah are amazing gets at this point of the year tbh.

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm

Is Farah coming here?

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:56 pm

I won't be surprised if Moses goes to Campbelltown to watch the game.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7964
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:17 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm
Is Farah coming here?
I am just going by the articles I have seen published over the past few days and the "where there's smoke there's fire" euphemism.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:37 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
Dont forget he's not the Messiah just a good footballer.
Just hope that he's not a naughty boy.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6918
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:54 pm

Good stuff.
Thank God we finally have a someone playing for us while being payed by another club. Nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for once.

Surely the Dogs would still have massive salary cap issues even after releasing Mbye too?

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:37 pm
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
Dont forget he's not the Messiah just a good footballer.
Just hope that he's not a naughty boy.
But he is featured in the Bible?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:37 pm
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
Dont forget he's not the Messiah just a good footballer.
Just hope that he's not a naughty boy.
But he is featured in the Bible?
That’s from “Monty Python’s” Life of Brian, way before your time.

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:07 pm

Sabre wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:54 pm
Good stuff.
Thank God we finally have a someone playing for us while being payed by another club. Nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for once.

Surely the Dogs would still have massive salary cap issues even after releasing Mbye too?
Foran medically retired might save them.

A positive of Foran retiring could be means Sharon can stay at the dogs and collect his spoons.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Post Reply