Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
58%
Hell no.
42%

Total votes: 287

upthetigers

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by upthetigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm

Farah back in Tigers colours where he belongs.

Let's give this LEGEND a proper farewall.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm

So that means our team could run out looking like this against the Titans:

1. Mbye
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Fonua
5. Nofoaluma
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Matulino
9. Farah
10. Packer
11. Taylor
12. Lawrence
13. Eisenhuth

14. Twal
15. Aloiai
16. Rochow
17. Chee-Kam

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:31 pm

Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:34 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:20 pm
It would be a desperate signing by a desperate club. Much like Parra signing Hayne.
It sounds ok to the fans but our jobs arnt on the line. My opinion of Cleary would just about evaporate if he made such a nervous move halfway through a season.
Why? We have no 80 min dummy half options. Farah is available and happens to be quality, why not try and make the most of this year and nab him to make a push for the semis?
If we were just getting the good bits of Farah then it would be great. But we'd be getting all of him. And his bad bits outweigh his ability IMO.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:56 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm

Here here :sign:
:sign:

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:56 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:31 pm
Clifferd wrote:
gallagher wrote:
It would be a desperate signing by a desperate club. Much like Parra signing Hayne.
It sounds ok to the fans but our jobs arnt on the line. My opinion of Cleary would just about evaporate if he made such a nervous move halfway through a season.
Why? We have no 80 min dummy half options. Farah is available and happens to be quality, why not try and make the most of this year and nab him to make a push for the semis?
If we were just getting the good bits of Farah then it would be great. But we'd be getting all of him. And his bad bits outweigh his ability IMO.
Agree Gal - let's hope Cleary knows better.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:58 pm

Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:00 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:44 pm
the nit pickers can nit pick, once we start winning more (which is a certainty) they will forget. Mbye, Farrah and ...? who will be number 3
What...we'll win due to Farah? We couldn't do that for a decade with him at his peak.
Exactly right , people quote we only made the semis 3 times in 10 under Sheens , well we only made the semis 3/13 with Robbie

Certainly no Messiah that's for sure

Plus you bring both Marshall and Farah back together at your own risk , they still wield a lot of power
Rabbitohs fans on LU want to keep Farah. They praise his influence on Cook as the reason Cookie is the player he is now.

Would you rather have...Taylor/Godinet as our hooker rotation for the rest of the year or play Farah 80 mins week in week out with 4 forwards on the bench.

Don’t kid yourself, Farah would solve all of our problems barring he doesn’t bring the club down which I’m confident he won’t with IC steering the ship
I'd prefer to go with Killa short term and fail than bring back Farah , CULTURE isn't something you use when it suits , much like the decision to stand down Fonua

Just my opinion

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 8:38 am
I’d prefer e went in a different direction but there are positives.

1)Farah has been an excellent mentor for Cook and he is loved by the coaching staff and management at Souths. I know some personally.

2)He is currently better than our current batch of hookers. Most important point.

3) It rights a wrong done by JT to one of our club legends and heals some wounds for some supporters.

4) Provides a storyline should we lose our next two games effectively ending our season.

Cleary is no mug the positives far outweigh the nagatives. As long as it’s short term I’m fine with it.

He was treated like dirt by a grub and reacted poorly I admit but he’s an emotional little guy and his loyalty and love of the Tigers can’t be questioned. His actions were poor but sometimes that happens when people are out to get you.
Apparently.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:58 pm
Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

What...we'll win due to Farah? We couldn't do that for a decade with him at his peak.
Exactly right , people quote we only made the semis 3 times in 10 under Sheens , well we only made the semis 3/13 with Robbie

Plus you bring both Marshall and Farah back together at your own risk , they still wield a lot of power
Rabbitohs fans on LU want to keep Farah. They praise his influence on Cook as the reason Cookie is the player he is now.

Would you rather have...Taylor/Godinet as our hooker rotation for the rest of the year or play Farah 80 mins week in week out with 4 forwards on the bench.

Don’t kid yourself, Farah would solve all of our problems barring he doesn’t bring the club down which I’m confident he won’t with IC steering the ship
I'd prefer to go with Killa short term and fail than bring back Farah , CULTURE isn't something you use when it suits , much like the decision to stand down Fonua

Just my opinion
Im glad you're not steering this ship ;)

Just my opinion

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:06 pm

Chris wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:44 pm
the nit pickers can nit pick, once we start winning more (which is a certainty) they will forget. Mbye, Farrah and ...? who will be number 3

I think that balance of power has been tipped to IC. Marshall and Farah will be at the mercy of IC who is no Tim SHeens, Mick Potter or Jason Taylor. Some people just need to let go of the past.
Not really Chris , just proves to me that this "culture" we all have talked about is crap

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:12 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:31 pm
Clifferd wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Agree Gal - let's hope Cleary knows better.
Well he's not s rookie coach or a coach under pressure from the board so I cant imagine him resorting to Farah.
We'll see I guess.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:12 pm

Lol Cleary has control of our direction and culture. It's offensive to everything he has done to think that he doesn't know what he is doing.
Its an opinion!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm

upthetigers wrote:

I gave him a proper farewell last time he left while burning bridges, accusing the club of welfare deficiencies that directly led to the suicide of a young player and using his media contacts to drag the club and anyone that did not buy into his agenda through the mud.
I can’t repeat that farewell here due to the offensive language rules, needless to say I never want to see him wearing the jersey again.
Him as a mentor is like cyanide as an after dinner tipple.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm

come on boys and girls, lets get the song going, : bring back robbie, bring back robbie, i really think he can get us to the semis.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm
upthetigers wrote:

I gave him a proper farewell last time he left while burning bridges, accusing the club of welfare deficiencies that directly led to the suicide of a young player and using his media contacts to drag the club and anyone that did not buy into his agenda through the mud.
I can’t repeat that farewell here due to the offensive language rules, needless to say I never want to see him wearing the jersey again.
Him as a mentor is like cyanide as an after dinner tipple.
Thankfully some sanity at last along with Doc

Has this Forum finally lost the plot , draw a bloody line in the sand for once , the Marshall signature pushed the boundaries .....this is just purely wrong

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:06 pm
Chris wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

I think that balance of power has been tipped to IC. Marshall and Farah will be at the mercy of IC who is no Tim SHeens, Mick Potter or Jason Taylor. Some people just need to let go of the past.
Not really Chris , just proves to me that this "culture" we all have talked about is crap
Winning games creates culture

Standing down players is just setting the standard ..

Welcome home Robbie :D

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:25 pm

Robbie is an all-out competitor who hates to lose. Other than the basic hooker role I hope he can bring a bit of competitive fire to the forwards - whilst leaving Brooks and Reynolds to run the team.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:26 pm

If Ivan brings back Farrah it will be for one reason only
To give our best shot at making the finals this year

I am thinking the reason behind Ivan's thinking is that if we do make the finals this year in can be seen a successful year and one to build on
It shows the club is finally on it's way up the ladder
It becomes a more attractive club to sign with as a player
We will be able to attract more big name players to our club

As long as Robbie can answer this ? by Ivan
"Who's the boss" Robbie

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:28 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:26 pm
If Ivan brings back Farrah it will be for one reason only
To give our best shot at making the finals this year

I am thinking the reason behind Ivan's thinking is that if we do make the finals this year in can be seen a successful year and one to build on
It shows the club is finally on it's way up the ladder
It becomes a more attractive club to sign with as a player
We will be able to attract more big name players to our club

As long as Robbie can answer this ? by Ivan
"Who's the boss" Robbie
Springsteen!!