Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

happy tiger

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:31 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:23 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:06 pm
Chris wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:00 pm

Exactly right , people quote we only made the semis 3 times in 10 under Sheens , well we only made the semis 3/13 with Robbie

Certainly no Messiah that's for sure

Plus you bring both Marshall and Farah back together at your own risk , they still wield a lot of power
I think that balance of power has been tipped to IC. Marshall and Farah will be at the mercy of IC who is no Tim SHeens, Mick Potter or Jason Taylor. Some people just need to let go of the past.
Not really Chris , just proves to me that this "culture" we all have talked about is crap
Winning games creates culture

Standing down players is just setting the standard ..

Welcome home Robbie :D
He is barely above MM with his actions at times , and yet people want him back

God knows what happens when Mitchell Moses wants back home , no doubt Hobbo will roll out the red carpet and grab his ass when he walks past :oops:

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:58 pm
Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

What...we'll win due to Farah? We couldn't do that for a decade with him at his peak.
Exactly right , people quote we only made the semis 3 times in 10 under Sheens , well we only made the semis 3/13 with Robbie

Plus you bring both Marshall and Farah back together at your own risk , they still wield a lot of power
Rabbitohs fans on LU want to keep Farah. They praise his influence on Cook as the reason Cookie is the player he is now.

Would you rather have...Taylor/Godinet as our hooker rotation for the rest of the year or play Farah 80 mins week in week out with 4 forwards on the bench.

Don’t kid yourself, Farah would solve all of our problems barring he doesn’t bring the club down which I’m confident he won’t with IC steering the ship
I'd prefer to go with Killa short term and fail than bring back Farah , CULTURE isn't something you use when it suits , much like the decision to stand down Fonua

Just my opinion
x2 happy - we are going backwards
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:37 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm
Farah back in Tigers colours where he belongs.

Let's give this LEGEND a proper farewall.
I gave him a proper farewell last time he left while burning bridges, accusing the club of welfare deficiencies that directly led to the suicide of a young player and using his media contacts to drag the club and anyone that did not buy into his agenda through the mud.
I can’t repeat that farewell here due to the offensive language rules, needless to say I never want to see him wearing the jersey again.
Him as a mentor is like cyanide as an after dinner tipple.
All that has been forgotten for some. Panic buying has set in.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:42 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:37 pm
Harvey wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:17 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm
Farah back in Tigers colours where he belongs.

Let's give this LEGEND a proper farewall.
I gave him a proper farewell last time he left while burning bridges, accusing the club of welfare deficiencies that directly led to the suicide of a young player and using his media contacts to drag the club and anyone that did not buy into his agenda through the mud.
I can’t repeat that farewell here due to the offensive language rules, needless to say I never want to see him wearing the jersey again.
Him as a mentor is like cyanide as an after dinner tipple.
All that has been forgotten for some. Panic buying has set in.
Dig ya heels in ladies :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm

I think it’s time we moved on from RF,I wish him well at Souths and then possibly ESL.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:26 pm
If Ivan brings back Farrah it will be for one reason only
To give our best shot at making the finals this year

I am thinking the reason behind Ivan's thinking is that if we do make the finals this year in can be seen a successful year and one to build on
It shows the club is finally on it's way up the ladder
It becomes a more attractive club to sign with as a player
We will be able to attract more big name players to our club

As long as Robbie can answer this ? by Ivan
"Who's the boss" Robbie
And of course as usual his answer is "ME"

"Have I got to white ant everybody again - you people never learn"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm

I doubt he'd get away with any crap if he returned.... He won't be the big fish anymore.
He's had a huge diet of humble pie for some time now.
I think he'd be grateful... And I think he'd help onfield and off

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:04 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:31 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Rabbitohs fans on LU want to keep Farah. They praise his influence on Cook as the reason Cookie is the player he is now.

Would you rather have...Taylor/Godinet as our hooker rotation for the rest of the year or play Farah 80 mins week in week out with 4 forwards on the bench.

Don’t kid yourself, Farah would solve all of our problems barring he doesn’t bring the club down which I’m confident he won’t with IC steering the ship
I'd prefer to go with Killa short term and fail than bring back Farah , CULTURE isn't something you use when it suits , much like the decision to stand down Fonua

Just my opinion
x2 happy - we are going backwards
Yes, a retrograde step.
On another note. Who reckons the RF lobby has had a bot install heaps of yes votes on the Poll on this thread? A few days ago it was 2/1 no votes, now the RF termites seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
"Quality Stupidity"

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm

There is obviously something afoot ..surely the club would release a statement that it would not be happening !This is all over the place pretty simple to put an end to it if there is nothing moving forward. A statement would be imminent I would expect.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:11 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:04 pm

On another note. Who reckons the RF lobby has had a bot install heaps of yes votes on the Poll on this thread? A few days ago it was 2/1 no votes, now the RF termites seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
I think the question has changed dynamic now.
Before it was a hypothetical and most of would say no. Now its a reality we a re dealing with and people are coming around to the idea and seeing it could be beneficial.
Its an opinion!

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm
I doubt he'd get away with any crap if he returned.... He won't be the big fish anymore.
He's had a huge diet of humble pie for some time now.
I think he'd be grateful... And I think he'd help onfield and off
Agree, he would want to see out 250 games and end his playing career on good terms.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm

By far the darkest day in Tigers history
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

What...we'll win due to Farah? We couldn't do that for a decade with him at his peak.

Just my opinion
Everyone said the same about Marshall but he’s been great for us. I feel the same sort of redemption story for Farah tbh.

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm

It’s not like we’re investing our future in him. It’s just this year.

I wanna make the 8 this year and Farah compliments that well, whilst mentoring Liddle/Killa along the way

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:39 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/15/ang ... rs-return/

Sounds to me like Taylor backed Moses over Farah.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:46 pm

Let’s make him captain coach again work a treat last time

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:47 pm

As others have said, his influence would be greatly diminished and Ivan is a coach who he'll find it hard to not respect. He'll be coming in on Ivan's terms and will head straight to nsw cup if he doesn't live up to it. Put some restrictions on his media exposure too.

It's a good opportunity for the club to show that they're the bigger person here and let Robbie have his farewell.

It would certainly spark our finals chances.

I don't want him mentoring liddle. His attitude isn't like benjis and we don't want to see it replicated.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:48 pm

The difference beteeen Marshall and Farah is that Benji saw where he went wrong and learned a lesson and came back wiser.
Farah still thinks he was a victim. He's not angry at us anymore so he thinks he can return. It's laughable.
Last edited by gallagher on Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.