Wests Tigers Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: Wests Tigers want long-term Tamworth deal

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Yeah...it was the locations fault we lost that game

Jesus!
Never understood that premise. Good teams win everywhere. If you're relying on home wins you'll be up the proverbial when finals roll around.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm
innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
Never understood that premise. Good teams win everywhere. If you're relying on home wins you'll be up the proverbial when finals roll around.
It's not so much the location, its the support. if you have the crowed behind you that is certainly an advantage. Can get you home in a tight one.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm

Tamworth has got a great ground , and there are guidelines that have to be met for the NRL will go along with it, lights and the ground are two of the big conditions on the game.
It rules out a lot of country centres.

It’s important that the NRL gets out to a lot more country areas as they’ve done stuff all to get the game going in the bush again, Country clubs are losing players to the AFL in big numbers, mainly due to the push that the AFL is mounting in the bush,
The AFL is prepared to throw big money to enable to get a bigger foothold in these Counrty areas

take a drive through nsw country and see the numbers of Aussie Rules posts are in these towns now, it’s the same in Qld as well, although not as much as NSW
There should be a lot more games going to the bush, as the game needs it
It’s good to see WTs doing something for the Game.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:13 pm

Juro wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 2:07 pm
I would have thought somewhere south west would make more sense for us, instead of north west. Could Bowral host a game? Is Goulburn too close to Canberra?
Goulburn yes is too close to Canberra. Why not Wagga or Albury? Gundagai?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Juro

Post by Juro » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 8:01 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:13 pm
Juro wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 2:07 pm
I would have thought somewhere south west would make more sense for us, instead of north west. Could Bowral host a game? Is Goulburn too close to Canberra?
Goulburn yes is too close to Canberra. Why not Wagga or Albury? Gundagai?
I think Melbourne take some of their games to Albury.

Gundagai is probably too small (population 2000) and too close to Canberra too. Wagga Wagga at least has some size to it (population 54k).

By comparison, Tamworth has a population of 63k. Both Wagga Wagga and Tamworth are about 5 hours drive from Sydney.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 1:31 pm

Will the club give local member, Barnaby Joyce, a corporate box invite?

Icon

Post by Icon » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
just a question to you, is there any team in the comp that would make the top 4 if they payed all their games away?

playing at a real home makes a difference...

I go to home and away matches, if that is your reasoning, you are wrong!

Icon

Post by Icon » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm
innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
four games, if you win the comp as appose to 26 games...,

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
ahuh... playing Newcastle in Tamworth is the same as playing them at Leichhardt i suppose ?

I guess the home ground advantage is just a 100 year old myth.

Icon

Post by Icon » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:17 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:11 pm
innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
ahuh... playing Newcastle in Tamworth is the same as playing them at Leichhardt i suppose ?

I guess the home ground advantage is just a 100 year old myth.
I think the people making an argument for Tamworth are patriots in the Wests Tigers, no problem with that, I too want all the best for my club, but lets not confuse that with the team, if you want the best for the team, we want all home games at...….

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:48 pm

Icon wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:17 pm
I think the people making an argument for Tamworth are patriots in the Wests Tigers, no problem with that, I too want all the best for my club, but lets not confuse that with the team, if you want the best for the team, we want all home games at...….
I get why the club wants to explore these options, and i agree in principal its good for the brand.

But lets not kid ourselves, we are not the Melbourne Storm or any other high flying side.

If we want any hope of making the Finals this year we need every single competition point we can get our hands on, and throwing away the home ground advantage against a beatable opponent like Newcastle, and then losing the match at the death, may be the difference in September to us finishing 8th or 9th.

Newcastle have only won two matches in Sydney this year last time i checked, against the two cellar dwellars manly and parra. I think our chances of winning that match go up exponentially if we play them at a legitimate home ground.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 4:23 pm

Icon wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm
innsaneink wrote:

Jesus!
just a question to you, is there any team in the comp that would make the top 4 if they payed all their games away?

playing at a real home makes a difference...

I go to home and away matches, if that is your reasoning, you are wrong!
Parra won 2 comps playing out of Belmore Oval.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm

There is home ground advantage....and then people are talking about guaranteed results, victory.
"Throwing away 2 points"
Two different things Icon, Abe, no...its not the same playing at Leaichhardt as it is to playing in tamworth, if LO had a 100% win ratio record your argument would be valid, but its not

Scully Park had nothing whatsoever to do with that loss, we had those two points in the bag until the 2nd last minute

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 5:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm
There is home ground advantage....and then people are talking about guaranteed results, victory.
"Throwing away 2 points"
Two different things Icon, Abe, no...its not the same playing at Leaichhardt as it is to playing in tamworth, if LO had a 100% win ratio record your argument would be valid, but its not

Scully Park had nothing whatsoever to do with that loss, we had those two points in the bag until the 2nd last minute
We were the better side for about 15 minutes that day .....but that is getting off the point

As long as we get the Tamworth supporters behind us ,even if they make us their second team , we should get enough support

But lets take the right games out their as well , Brisbane ,Melbourne ,NZ ,Titans ,Cows etc , games where we will definitely get the majority of support

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm

i was at the Newcastle game and you couldn't swing a dead cat around as the ground was at capacity at 12000.
the majority of the crowd were tigers supporters ,by the way.
The majority of the northwest of the state is still league,although union will always have its foundations entrenched in country towns. Aussie rules and the other football try hard but league still dominates pub conversations and tipping competitions.
country people are more happy to travel 2-3 hours to see a game of nrl footie rather than the 5 hours plus to travel to sydney.
There is also the positive possible link forged with footballers from places like moree .
i would still wonder whether it is more profitable to draw 15000 at leichart or campbelltown rather than 12000 at tamworth.
but of course,the team has to be going well ,either way.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:36 am

It’s a great idea. The broader the supporter base the stronger the team and better chance long term. We got heaps of support at Tamworth, except from referees.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:54 am

eyewonder wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm
i was at the Newcastle game and you couldn't swing a dead cat around as the ground was at capacity at 12000.
the majority of the crowd were tigers supporters ,by the way.

The majority of the northwest of the state is still league,although union will always have its foundations entrenched in country towns. Aussie rules and the other football try hard but league still dominates pub conversations and tipping competitions.
country people are more happy to travel 2-3 hours to see a game of nrl footie rather than the 5 hours plus to travel to sydney.
There is also the positive possible link forged with footballers from places like moree .
i would still wonder whether it is more profitable to draw 15000 at leichart or campbelltown rather than 12000 at tamworth.
but of course,the team has to be going well ,either way.
Nice to see some facts and I recall this is what many others who attended posted opposed to the BS some are sprouting here

Throwing away 2 points indeed :deadhorse:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:03 am

Wests Tigers have no problem throwing away 2 pts no matter where they play..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile