Wests Tigers want long-term Tamworth deal

Wests Tigers Discussion
Abraham

Re: Wests Tigers want long-term Tamworth deal

Post by Abraham » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:43 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm
There is home ground advantage....and then people are talking about guaranteed results, victory.
"Throwing away 2 points"
Two different things Icon, Abe, no...its not the same playing at Leaichhardt as it is to playing in tamworth, if LO had a 100% win ratio record your argument would be valid, but its not

Scully Park had nothing whatsoever to do with that loss, we had those two points in the bag until the 2nd last minute
I didn't say anything about a 'guaranteed victory'.

I said that a team like ours needs every advantage, on and off the field, they can get to win matches. And taking winnable matches away from our home ground to a place like Tamworth is throwing away one of those significant advantages.

We were riding high after a great start to the season, and a boisterous home crowd cheering us to victory makes a big difference to the players ... that's not me saying that, that's what the players themselves say.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:54 am
eyewonder wrote:
Thu 14 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm
i was at the Newcastle game and you couldn't swing a dead cat around as the ground was at capacity at 12000.
the majority of the crowd were tigers supporters ,by the way.

The majority of the northwest of the state is still league,although union will always have its foundations entrenched in country towns. Aussie rules and the other football try hard but league still dominates pub conversations and tipping competitions.
country people are more happy to travel 2-3 hours to see a game of nrl footie rather than the 5 hours plus to travel to sydney.
There is also the positive possible link forged with footballers from places like moree .
i would still wonder whether it is more profitable to draw 15000 at leichart or campbelltown rather than 12000 at tamworth.
but of course,the team has to be going well ,either way.
Nice to see some facts and I recall this is what many others who attended posted opposed to the BS some are sprouting here

Throwing away 2 points indeed :deadhorse:
Sorry , didn't we get only around 7k ??