Slow Moving Turtles in 2019-2020?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Eddie

Slow Moving Turtles in 2019-2020?

Post by Eddie » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm

Im not sure what we are building here if we cant get in and grind with teams? Thats what we are meant to be good at. Our ball control has been horrible for 8-10 weeks and our tackling has fallen away badly.

Slow forwards that cant dent the line. Slow and under sized outside backs. Its not a recipe for winning games regularly.

Journeyman, Ageing players on big contracts from losing clubs and some reserve graders. Thats what we came into 2018 with. I expected 8 wins and so far we have 7.

Mbye is the sort of player he need. Pacy, at 24 has upside to improve.

However How much improvement do Packer, Mats, Reynolds, Macqueen have in them?Be ok if they were on 1-2 year deals but some or all are on 4 ?! Is there much to look forward to with this side next year? Or will be like slow moving turtles trying hard early int he year but then hitting a massive brick wall?

When your rebuilding you want to get a bit better each year. I didn't expect much this year but I dont want to see us going backwards next year. I think there is a chance we could be a bottom feeder the next 2 years with an ageing side that lacks pace and power

I think we need to abandon signing any more players from losing clubs or ageing player, or from the recycle bin. We need speed, size, pace and youth. Easier said then done. But please no more 28 year old journeyman.

Cleary has had 12 months with little to no pressure however now he needs to start sorting this squad out for the future. Otherwise it might not be looking too rosy for us and him in the next 2 years.Cause as things stand currently I'm not sure what there is to get excited about in 2019 and 2020.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:29 pm

It all stars in the engine room and I'm sorry but Packer and Matulino aren't good enough.
If they're our props for the next few years we'll finish 10th to spoon every year.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:32 pm

We're screwed ....the tunnel has collapsed and we’re heading backwards..
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:36 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:29 pm
It all stars in the engine room and I'm sorry but Packer and Matulino aren't good enough.
If they're our props for the next few years we'll finish 10th to spoon every year.
Which is why Twal should start and one of packer/mats to bench.If we can pick up another prop even better so we can improve the rotation
Grant to go elsewhere

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

lets face it we need forwards badly, and the fact we didnt bring woods back, when the dogs would pay some of his wages will bit the club on the bum. really cant see where the hell he will get the 3-4 good forwards we need. think ivans done a good job with what he got but we need to start shopping at MYERS NOT ALIDI.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:42 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm
lets face it we need forwards badly, and the fact we didnt bring woods back, when the dogs would pay some of his wages will bit the club on the bum. really cant see where the hell he will get the 3-4 good forwards we need. think ivans done a good job with what he got but we need to start shopping at MYERS NOT ALIDI.
David Jones thanks that is where the Marquee signings are !

old boy

Post by old boy » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:14 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm
Not a very fair comparison.........Aldi is light years ahead of this tigers franchise.

A more fair comparison would be "we need to start shopping at MYERS not digging up turds in the slums of Calcutta."

the third

Post by the third » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:36 pm
TIGER wrote:
Which is why Twal should start and one of packer/mats to bench.If we can pick up another prop even better so we can improve the rotation
Grant to go elsewhere
This. Twal to start

the third

Post by the third » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm

jadtiger wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Grant to go elsewhere
This. Twal to start

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm
Im not sure what we are building here if we cant get in and grind with teams? Thats what we are meant to be good at. Our ball control has been horrible for 8-10 weeks and our tackling has fallen away badly.

Slow forwards that cant dent the line. Slow and under sized outside backs. Its not a recipe for winning games regularly.

Journeyman, Ageing players on big contracts from losing clubs and some reserve graders. Thats what we came into 2018 with. I expected 8 wins and so far we have 7.

However How much improvement do Packer, Mats, Reynolds, Macqueen have in them?Be ok if they were on 1-2 year deals but some or all are on 4 ?! Is there much to look forward to with this side next year? Or will be like slow moving turtles trying hard early int he year but then hitting a massive brick wall?

When your rebuilding you want to get a bit better each year. I didn't expect much this year but I dont want to see us going backwards next year. I think there is a chance we could be a bottom feeder the next 2 years with an ageing side that lacks pace and power

I think we need to abandon signing any more players from losing clubs or ageing player, or from the recycle bin. We need speed, size, pace and youth. Easier said then done. But please no more 28 year old journeyman.

Cleary has had 12 months with little to no pressure however now he needs to start sorting this squad out for the future. Otherwise it might not be looking too rosy for us and him in the next 2 years.Cause as things stand currently I'm not sure what there is to get excited about in 2019 and 2020.
Titans are a "losing club " you wouldn't sign their entire forward pack .......

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm

The bottom line Eddie, how can Cleary offload blokes like McQueen, Reynolds,Packer and Matt’s?? There has to be some demand and I doubt any club would be willing to sign them even with us paying some of the freight.

But your right we have to start signing winners or exceptional young talent and get away from 28 year old plodders

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm
The bottom line Eddie, how can Cleary offload blokes like McQueen, Reynolds,Packer and Matt’s?? There has to be some demand and I doubt any club would be willing to sign them even with us paying some of the freight.

But your right we have to start signing winners or exceptional young talent and get away from 28 year old plodders
Logic hey?

😂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm

Titans are a "losing club " you wouldn't sign their entire forward pack .......
Happy Titans will turn things around once they offload Cartwright and some other dead wood.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

Spoon favourites in 2019 -20 methinks and won't be far off it this year. Total garbage and no pride whatsoever.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm

the third wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm
jadtiger wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Grant to go elsewhere
This. Twal to start
Who do u suggest brah?
The props off contract aren't very impressive.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:16 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm
the third wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Grant to go elsewhere
This. Twal to start
Who do u suggest brah?
Woodsy may be available the way he's going.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:17 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:16 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm
the third wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Grant to go elsewhere
This. Twal to start
Who do u suggest brah?
Woodsy may be available the way he's going.
I doubt it.
He'll turn up for the sharks.
They'll both appreciate that deal.

Also he is a clown and threw so much dirt on the tigers name. "it is what it is. It's just a job"
#Unbeatable

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 9:27 pm

I think we throw the book at Marty T as he would kill it with us now.