We Must Do this.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

We Must Do this.

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi Guys What we need to do is shutdown the season of Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino due to recurring injuries.Reynolds has Shoulder and hamstring issues and Matulino has chronic knee problems.

I think rest is paramount as opposed to us forever rushing players back from injury only to re injure themselves with the exact same injury.We say we have poor facilities which is true but for far too long we have had poor physios etc too.


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:56 pm

If they both need surgery then I agree. You can stick a fork in the year.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm

What does cronic knee injury even mean.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29929
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm
What does cronic knee injury even mean.

No cartilage in Mataulino's knee..bone on bone..sometimes it flairs up n gets a bo bo..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm
What does cronic knee injury even mean.

No cartilage in Mataulino's knee..bone on bone..sometimes it flairs up n gets a bo bo..
Thanks mate.


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18409
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:47 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm
What does cronic knee injury even mean.

No cartilage in Mataulino's knee..bone on bone..sometimes it flairs up n gets a bo bo..
It's hideously debilitating and seriously painful.

While I am not impressed with his recent form it takes some cojones to play League with an injury like that.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi Guys What we need to do is shutdown the season of Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino due to recurring injuries.Reynolds has Shoulder and hamstring issues and Matulino has chronic knee problems.

I think rest is paramount as opposed to us forever rushing players back from injury only to re injure themselves with the exact same injury.We say we have poor facilities which is true but for far too long we have had poor physios etc too.
Unfortunate for Matulino to suddenly develop chronic knee problems. These usually take some time to develop and given that, where the hell was our due diligence before giving him a long term deal

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:57 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi Guys What we need to do is shutdown the season of Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino due to recurring injuries.Reynolds has Shoulder and hamstring issues and Matulino has chronic knee problems.

I think rest is paramount as opposed to us forever rushing players back from injury only to re injure themselves with the exact same injury.We say we have poor facilities which is true but for far too long we have had poor physios etc too.
Unfortunate for Matulino to suddenly develop chronic knee problems. These usually take some time to develop and given that, where the hell was our due diligence before giving him a long term deal
We knew the problem.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm

If any player needs to have off season surgery that may affect them starting off season on time do it now.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:20 pm

Would put both on ice for the year and get them right for next season. Season is pretty much over so may as well have them ready for pre season.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm

Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10207
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm
Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.
But that’s how we roll at West’s Tigers
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3499
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:49 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm
Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.
Bingo

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:36 am

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi Guys What we need to do is shutdown the season of Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino due to recurring injuries.Reynolds has Shoulder and hamstring issues and Matulino has chronic knee problems.

I think rest is paramount as opposed to us forever rushing players back from injury only to re injure themselves with the exact same injury.We say we have poor facilities which is true but for far too long we have had poor physios etc too.
Unfortunate for Matulino to suddenly develop chronic knee problems. These usually take some time to develop and given that, where the hell was our due diligence before giving him a long term deal

A valid point,
Just a part of our terrible sign ons that we need to palm off to SL if possible,
I wonder just how many injuries were already there with some of these blokes when we bought them?

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:42 am

WT2K wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:20 pm
Would put both on ice for the year and get them right for next season. Season is pretty much over so may as well have them ready for pre season.
Do you really believe that these blokes are going to revert to their previous form after this season
I think that we are just stuck with them soaking a hell of a lot of our Cap next year and in some cases, a lot longer than that

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:16 am

hobbo wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm
Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.
But that’s how we roll at West’s Tigers
:roll
Well the Concord Repatriation Hospital is located in our domain and so we should be re-named the Rehab Tigers, (poor Ivan's head must be ssppiiinnggg with all these new threads he has to take advise from)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8430
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:57 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm
Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.
X2
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 8:16 am

Like Basil Faulty and O Reilly carpenter - they were cheap
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply