What I Have noticed.

Wests Tigers Discussion
cqtiger

Re: What I Have noticed.

Post by cqtiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:29 am

Boohoo

We’ve had far worse seasons but there are more whingers on here, more than normal.

I’ll have the occasional dumby spit over some lousy performances but I am a Tigers member and I will be again next year. This is my club and I am super proud of it - win or lose.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:38 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
Boohoo

We’ve had far worse seasons but there are more whingers on here, more than normal.

I’ll have the occasional dumby spit over some lousy performances but I am a Tigers member and I will be again next year. This is my club and I am super proud of it - win or lose.
Mate I'm a long term supporter, premium member, go to nearly every game - have done so for years. I'm rock solid and rusted on. But.......... i can honestly say i'm over it this year. Why? because once again, we have promised so much and delivered so little.

So my question to you is this: What exactly are you super proud of? I need the inspiration at the moment!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:20 pm

Chris Lawrence makes me proud..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:35 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:20 pm
Chris Lawrence makes me proud..
Doing my best Meatloaf impersonation

One out of thirty ain't bad

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 2:56 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:38 am
cqtiger wrote:
Boohoo

Mate I'm a long term supporter, premium member, go to nearly every game - have done so for years. I'm rock solid and rusted on. But.......... i can honestly say i'm over it this year. Why? because once again, we have promised so much and delivered so little.

So my question to you is this: What exactly are you super proud of? I need the inspiration at the moment!
Why is it that people write a full paragraph of how often they attend games and the level of membership they have and for how long but still have to ask someone else about why they’re being proud of their club?

Go figure.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 5:37 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 2:56 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 11:38 am
cqtiger wrote:
Boohoo

Why is it that people write a full paragraph of how often they attend games and the level of membership they have and for how long but still have to ask someone else about why they’re being proud of their club?

Go figure.
Good answer

westy81

Post by westy81 » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:35 pm

I’ve been a memeber for 10 years every year I expected them to make the finals but didn’t get my hopes up as we never really signed anyone that could change the team from the previous year

But this year I had high hopes having a new team new experienced coach and hearing all the players saying that they are all on the same page

Starting the year 5-1 and the loss was only because a bad penalty in extra time
I thought this is the year we make the finals but I didn’t care if they got knocked out in the first round
All I want to see is every player putting in every game even if they lose
I could handle the losses where we got beat by 2 points as it showed we were in the contest the entire match
But the last couple of weeks have really let me down being beat by Penrith by so much ( I understand they were one of the teams to beat this year and didn’t expect a win)
Then getting pumped by Raiders at home which I’m a memeber if ( I thought those days were over getting beat by those margins) and then to go down to Titans which we should have beat
I love the tigers but being 6 points out of the 8 and seeing the games we have coming up doesn’t give me any hope
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 7:43 pm

westy81 wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:35 pm
I’ve been a memeber for 10 years every year I expected them to make the finals but didn’t get my hopes up as we never really signed anyone that could change the team from the previous year

But this year I had high hopes having a new team new experienced coach and hearing all the players saying that they are all on the same page

Starting the year 5-1 and the loss was only because a bad penalty in extra time
I thought this is the year we make the finals but I didn’t care if they got knocked out in the first round
All I want to see is every player putting in every game even if they lose
I could handle the losses where we got beat by 2 points as it showed we were in the contest the entire match
But the last couple of weeks have really let me down being beat by Penrith by so much ( I understand they were one of the teams to beat this year and didn’t expect a win)
Then getting pumped by Raiders at home which I’m a memeber if ( I thought those days were over getting beat by those margins) and then to go down to Titans which we should have beat
I love the tigers but being 6 points out of the 8 and seeing the games we have coming up doesn’t give me any hope
I relate to this 100%.

I’ve tried to be so positive this year but the last month has just been littered with pathetic defence and poor effort. I honestly thought this type of effort was behind us. I didn’t expect wins every week - just effort and resilience.
Remember the sand hills? Build the wall? Seems a long time ago.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 7:57 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Boohoo

There are 2 ways to go. Have a whinge, which usually comes from frustration and hope, or celebrate the mediocrity and poor decisions that are a hallmark of this club