Luke Brooks

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by gallagher » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:53 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:41 am
What is interesting to me is that the 4 top club's only 1 has a star halfback - Townsend, Reynolds, whichver kid Melbourne use none are the star halbacks. Obviously Cronk is but it shows U don't need a star halfback and I think it's becaus of the balance of your cap
You could probably add Johnson, Hunt and Nikorima into that list. Now that Thurston has gone most of the halfbacks running around are of similar ability.


WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3667
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am

What's his mate slimey on at the eels? I can't remember what was reported slimey was getting. Could be a guide as to what Luke will be looking for..
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:34 am

WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am
What's his mate slimey on at the eels? I can't remember what was reported slimey was getting. Could be a guide as to what Luke will be looking for..
Reported $800k
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1930
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:46 am

All the great halfbacks over the years dont hit their straps till mid 20s. They show glimpses and patches before then, but not consistent.

Added to that, all great halfbacks had time and space to learn over many years and almost always with a quality number 9 at dummy half and with a great matured 6, like a Maloney type.

I think we all can agree on that.

Now tell me who Brooks has had in the last few years at 9 and 6? Initially it was RF who was on the outer and distracted, and then after that had nothing special. Its only been the last 12 months that he has had a mature 6, albeit pretty old in Marshall.

Now Brooks, 100games old has had to learn everything himself, no assitance, no decoys beside him, nothing. Its no coincidence that this year he has been much better with Marshall .

I wonder how he would go at Penrith with a big pack and a great 6. Or a roosters or souths with good packs and solid number 6's.?
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:14 pm

1 Mbye
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
9 Farah/Liddle

So many different player qualities amongst this spine, youth, energy, flair.
I’d really like the spine we have to play next year.
With the addition of Matterson and Lawrence in the edges I feel like we are in better shape than this time last year.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22176
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm

Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40491
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:34 am
WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am
What's his mate slimey on at the eels? I can't remember what was reported slimey was getting. Could be a guide as to what Luke will be looking for..
Reported $800
Worth every cent of that $800

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:34 am
WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am
What's his mate slimey on at the eels? I can't remember what was reported slimey was getting. Could be a guide as to what Luke will be looking for..
Reported $800
Worth every cent of that $800
Mitch had his legs cut from him before securing Eels contract so I thought he may have been on cheap street.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
fibrodreaming
Member
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 7:59 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:09 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:34 am
WT2K wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am
What's his mate slimey on at the eels? I can't remember what was reported slimey was getting. Could be a guide as to what Luke will be looking for..
Reported $800
Worth every cent of that $800
Mitch had his legs cut from him before securing Eels contract so I thought he may have been on cheap street.
I thought that Mitch already had the offer from Parra and he was trying to screw more out of the Tigers when Cleary arrived. Cleary withdrew the offer, Mitch spat the dummy and accepted Parra's offer immediately.

I thought that it was reported at the time that Parra's offer was more like $750k.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2995
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm
Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?
For his size, he is also a very rugged customer and durable. I hope we get news about a new contract with the WTs shortly.

What would Moses give now to be back at WTs?

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:35 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 9:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm
Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?
For his size, he is also a very rugged customer and durable. I hope we get news about a new contract with the WTs shortly.

What would Moses give now to be back at WTs?
As a commentator stated on TV two weeks ago his last good game was for Leboland.

I don't like when any half does not try to create something or at least pretend to attempt such. All halves are probably guilty some time or another.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm
Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?
DCE.

User avatar
2041
Member
Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by 2041 » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:23 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm
Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?
DCE.
Nope. Brooks runs more often and for more metres. He did so in 2017 as well. Stats from totalyfootystats.com.au

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2319
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:39 am

Thought Moses went to the Eels for $850,000 per season.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:44 am

2041 wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:23 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:16 pm
Best ball running halfback in the game. Any of his critics wanna dispute that?
DCE.
Nope. Brooks runs more often and for more metres. He did so in 2017 as well. Stats from totalyfootystats.com.au
Being a casual observer has it advantages - you only notice the ones whom stick out and DCE never stuck out for me so I would not take DCE as a yardstick. Brooks was amazing when everything clicked so definitely should be re-signed. He definitely still has to improve but seeing how much he has already improved shows he is still capable of learning. The stats show that he scores more tries with an strong and active DH, am guessing this could be due to the active DH also being a distraction for defence. Last year also proved that we need an active full back.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Aceshigh
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Aceshigh » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:30 am

Brooksy would be good value at 800 if that’s what the offer would be , especially considering Ben Hunt is on 1.2 , and i dont think he is any better than Brooks

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:44 am

Aceshigh wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 7:30 am
Brooksy would be good value at 800 if that’s what the offer would be , especially considering Ben Hunt is on 1.2 , and i dont think he is any better than Brooks
are we sure that Hunt is on $1.2? I am surprised but good luck to him if someone has money bags throwing it around.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28928
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

It was well documented at a mill plus

Post Reply