Over feel good stories

Wests Tigers Discussion
Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Over feel good stories

Post by Snake » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am

Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !


User avatar
4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:19 am
Location: Doonside NSW

Post by 4jtigers » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:37 am

NO MORE FLUFF !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5162
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:49 am

Impatience is not a virtue.

But good to put pressure on your ticker.

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1729
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:00 am

I agree with you.
We are stuck in the past. We hold onto those two for sentimental reasons, not for what they bring. Marketing blah blah blah.

Next year they will be even slower and no way that can replicate the magic of 2005.
It's over.


User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4109
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:38 am

hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:37 am
NO MORE FLUFF !
Fluff articles are the worst!
No more plodders!
:sign:

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5661
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:44 am

The solution is to follow Cronulla's method of signing expensive players, it seems to have been sanctioned by Greenberg. It certainly seems the way to consisitently play in the finals and leave the "clean" teams floundering at the bottom.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:00 pm

matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:00 am
I agree with you.
We are stuck in the past. We hold onto those two for sentimental reasons, not for what they bring. Marketing blah blah blah.

Next year they will be even slower and no way that can replicate the magic of 2005.
It's over.
It was not the No. 9 oldie who was dropping the ball in the loss two weeks ago that crucified any chance at finals. All the youngens it was. He did drop it last week I think it was but managed a strip shortly afterwards. If all our players had that responsible attitude we would be laughing. We had youngen Brooks doing multiply kicks at the line a few weeks back but got exactly nowhere - last week Old Man with all his experience and slowness hogs the line till gets the opening he wants then nudges it beautifully for a set up try. The Old Man won beautifully in his few Souths games but youngen Cook is not going so good now. I WANT WINNERS.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41149
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:00 pm
matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:00 am
I agree with you.
We are stuck in the past. We hold onto those two for sentimental reasons, not for what they bring. Marketing blah blah blah.

Next year they will be even slower and no way that can replicate the magic of 2005.
It's over.
It was not the No. 9 oldie who was dropping the ball in the loss two weeks ago that crucified any chance at finals. All the youngens it was. He did drop it last week I think it was but managed a strip shortly afterwards. If all our players had that responsible attitude we would be laughing. We had youngen Brooks doing multiply kicks at the line a few weeks back but got exactly nowhere - last week Old Man with all his experience and slowness hogs the line till gets the opening he wants then nudges it beautifully for a set up try. The Old Man won beautifully in his few Souths games but youngen Cook is not going so good now. I WANT WINNERS.
He just put through a couple of grubbers we got no results and cost us 7 tackle sets and another kick that the only person who knew it was on was his alter ego

But you just continue life in Robbie Farah land BBF , it must be a nice place

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41149
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:10 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:37 am
NO MORE FLUFF !
When you sign Fluff , you get Fluff Hobbo

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29569
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm

2012

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

...just be patient

User avatar
prattenparkchild
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun 07 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by prattenparkchild » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:11 pm

Need a real story- WT to devote extra time over the off season in basic ball handling and ball security skills along with sessions to assist calmness on the field, not getting flustered and staying focused.

Those 2 areas of improvement would do wonders for next season.

Edit- the experiment with 5 co captains will not be repeated.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm
2012

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

...just be patient
Holiday pics from Bali coming very soon !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29569
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:20 pm

Lol

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18144
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:29 pm

I heard they get to go to Thailand this year for almost making the 8.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4770
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: With the Groovy Ghoulies

Post by westTAHger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm

A feel good story would be:
roosters, broncos get found out about cheating salary cap:
so season 2019 they are stuck on 0 points entire season, regardless if they win or draw any games, and if they score any points against you they are not included in points for / against. If you score any points against them they are doubled.
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

User avatar
clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 am

Post by clokan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:44 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm
A feel good story would be:
roosters, broncos get found out about cheating salary cap:
so season 2019 they are stuck on 0 points entire season, regardless if they win or draw any games, and if they score any points against you they are not included in points for / against. If you score any points against them they are doubled.
Then the draw comes out and we are playing each of them twice

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29643
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm

Hope we don't play any bottom teams next year ..

Thinking about it if we are on the he bottom we should win every game but then we'd be on top...it's a no win situation. ..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Post Reply