JAYCAR

Wests Tigers Discussion
Don Kershane

JAYCAR

Post by Don Kershane » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 1:30 pm

Bulldogs lose Jaycar as sponsor. M D and founder has always been a Tigers fan . Hope head office has picked up the phone.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 1:34 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 1:30 pm
Bulldogs lose Jaycar as sponsor. M D and founder has always been a Tigers fan . Hope head office has picked up the phone.
Is that right? I remember readingan article on the owner being a tigers fan. He wouldn't put money into us because we were such a basket case of a club. Or something to that effect.
Hopefully he feels differently now.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 2:04 pm

Be great to get him on board.

getagrip

Post by getagrip » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 2:05 pm

As a joke, he once turned up to a bulldogs home game against the tigers in his tigers jersey

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm

Haha not after Brooksy turned Mike Tyson.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:40 pm

Be careful what you wish for - remember what Roy Masters wrote a couple of weeks ago.

" The Magpies, whose successful Ashfield licensed club now owns 75 per cent of Wests Tigers, have the option of buying the remaining quarter, or partnering with a businessman who has been a long time Wests supporter."

Funny how Jaycar have put up with so much from Canterbury but pull the plug over something as trivial as this.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:31 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 1:30 pm

Jaycar owner was originally an old magpie man.There was a piece on it in the papers a few years ago.Long time magpie then Wests tiger.Would be a great pick up.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:35 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:40 pm
Be careful what you wish for - remember what Roy Masters wrote a couple of weeks ago.

" The Magpies, whose successful Ashfield licensed club now owns 75 per cent of Wests Tigers, have the option of buying the remaining quarter, or partnering with a businessman who has been a long time Wests supporter."

Funny how Jaycar have put up with so much from Canterbury but pull the plug over something as trivial as this.
Would that be a bad thing? Obviously a mad fan and successful businessman.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:38 pm

This is what me & GCT have been talking about when it seems most others condone the bulldogs behaviour to some extent

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:43 pm

diedpretty wrote:

According to the SMH they're floating the company and don't want the bad press. This may or may not be a convenient excuse.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 5:52 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:43 pm
diedpretty wrote:

According to the SMH they're floating the company and don't want the bad press. This may or may not be a convenient excuse.
Yes true - and that is probably a legitimate reason to break ties. I just find it funny that Masters wrote those words a couple of weeks ago and he was the journo that broke the story on Jaycar cutting ties with Canterbury. It appears as though he is being given this info from the horses mouth so to speak.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah I’m sure he wants his brand aligned with players who frequent strip clubs that get drug raided by the fuzz
Let's make the Tigers great again!

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:50 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:23 pm
Yeah I’m sure he wants his brand aligned with players who frequent strip clubs that get drug raided by the fuzz
Lol dumbest comment ever no drug raid a routine walk through and wowzer 20 somethings at a strip club my world what a scandal

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:50 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:23 pm
Didn't faze him in the past and he actually took exception to the media being on a witchunt.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:55 pm

Were Jaycar contracted past 2018 or is this just another beat up, do the Tigers have a sponsor for 2019, might end up a great partnership

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:00 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 6:55 pm
Were Jaycar contracted past 2018 or is this just another beat up, do the Tigers have a sponsor for 2019, might end up a great partnership
They were contracted for next year and actually said they are ending the contract early due to the mad monday. No beat up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:14 pm

GARY JOHNSTON'S RESIGNATION LETTER TO BULLDOGS

Dear Lynne (Anderson) & Andrew(Hill),

As you can imagine, it was difficult not to be made aware of the incident at the Harbour View Hotel on Monday Sept 3 at the Rocks in Sydney. It was very embarrassing to see our company logo feature so prominently in newspaper coverage.

What you may not be aware of, is Jaycar’s intention to float the company on the Australian Stock
Exchange in the near future. We have been advised by experts that we must have a spotless reputation in every way to be accepted by the share buying public.

As a private company I have ignored Canterbury’s Mad Monday antics in the past. Because of the upcoming changing status of our company in the near future, I simply cannot ignore what happened last Monday and the inevitable association with our company’s reputation.

It is with deep regret, therefore, that I wish to advise you that my company, Jaycar Pty Ltd and all of its associated entities withdraws its sponsorship support of all Canterbury teams effective immediately.

My wife Kerry & I have developed considerable affection for the club over the years, and, frankly even though we probably would have preferred the status quo staff wise, we completely understand and respect the members decision to act the way they did and try a new broom.

We sincerely hope that your efforts will be rewarded with success in 2019.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:26 pm

Sounds like he wasn't happy with the change of guard.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...