P. C HAS TAKEN OVER

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
The Patriot

Re: P. C HAS TAKEN OVER

Post by The Patriot » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm

I hate that this Womens league is being shoved down our throats. Been wanting the State Cups to be more prominent for a number of years now. The NRL are more interested in gaining a few new fans rather than pleasing the old.
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm
I hate that this Womens league is being shoved down our throats. Been wanting the State Cups to be more prominent for a number of years now. The NRL are more interested in gaining a few new fans rather than pleasing the old.
Have you informed the NRL. of this...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm
Have you informed the NRL. of this...?
Yes i have a direct line :lol:
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm

ISP state cup has been more prominent this year...

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm
ISP state cup has been more prominent this year...
100% agree, even this past weekend, 1st final over the weekend was on ch9 on Saturday and the 2nd Final had a night game live on fox last night. Seemed to be much more prominent to me.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm

If the game is good enough, great. If it’s only being down to placate the trend of women doing whatever men can do then that is the wrong reason. It shouldn’t matter if you are a man or woman, just how good you are. For example, there’s one girl who does the ISP games and does interviews. Horrible. Is she there because she’s good at what she does or because Channel 9 need to fill their quota?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm
If the game is good enough, great. If it’s only being down to placate the trend of women doing whatever men can do then that is the wrong reason. It shouldn’t matter if you are a man or woman, just how good you are. For example, there’s one girl who does the ISP games and does interviews. Horrible. Is she there because she’s good at what she does or because Channel 9 need to fill their quota?
Have you watched any Women's games...it good enough.....
Ivan's Laws

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:55 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:08 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 4:12 pm
I can't help noticing the double standards in the coverage. No shots of the change rooms before the games
would a male reporter complain if he got an eyeful?
Then maybe they should send in a female reporter. She'd get an eyeful guaranteed. ;)

She could get raped. :lol: (yes I get it rape aint funny but just trying to show the "virility" of some of our Womens footy players :lol: )

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I appreciate that it is usually only two tacklers so the game is a lot safer and continuous. Almost no dirty stuff. The game gives me a chance to involve my female-filled household to watch games. At least it is much more interesting than female netball that must be definitely be a quoto-filler.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:34 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I appreciate that it is usually only two tacklers so the game is a lot safer and continuous. Almost no dirty stuff. The game gives me a chance to involve my female-filled household to watch games. At least it is much more interesting than female netball that must be definitely be a quoto-filler.
Obviously only a casual observer of the female game as well ...some of the defense is brutal...i doubt some blokes would even get up but these ladies do...
Ivan's Laws

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 12:19 am

I suggest that a good few should get along to a game, from juniors through to open level. The majority of the girls are very feminine, just as society in general and many are the type you are eyeing off when out and about. They change into their training or match gear and they switch on.

The upper level is similarly reflective of society as the men's game, not very.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 12:35 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:34 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Obviously only a casual observer of the female game as well ...some of the defense is brutal...i doubt some blokes would even get up but these ladies do...
I concede that at times it is strong but how do they compare ratio of HIA wise, chicken wings, stretchered off to male games? Can they be brutal and still be described as ladies? In another thread someone mentioned Farah playing tennis, well how about letting Serena loose on the footy field - she would take their pretty heads off their shoulders.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 12:47 am

:brick: i know where i went wrong... :deadhorse:
Ivan's Laws

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 6:43 am

Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Would they beat a state cup team?
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 6:46 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 6:43 am
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Go close like our womens cricket team probably beat the baggy greens...
Ivan's Laws

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 7:55 am

The Patriot wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

That's a specious argument. Let's not show any female athletics at the olympics because they'd never beat the blokes.

For me, it's all about the game. Women's AFL is deplorable. The league is good quality.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 7:58 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 6:46 am
The Patriot wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Go close like our womens cricket team probably beat the baggy greens...
the Girls struggle with ball tampering

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 8:28 am

Masterton wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 7:55 am
The Patriot wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

That's a specious argument. Let's not show any female athletics at the olympics because they'd never beat the blokes.

For me, it's all about the game. Women's AFL is deplorable. The league is good quality.
I see what your saying. Im all for womens soccer. Its great to watch.

One on a side note, if there was one sport where you could trial a mixed league soccer would be it.

Im not against womens rugby league but at this point in time its more about virtue signalling than it being a quality product deserving of its new found place in the sports calendar.
Its an opinion!