Wests Tigers Discussion
Snake

Re: Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:19 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:07 am
Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:04 am
Well after all the talk of the Stadium being a neutral stadium.... in the Paper this morning the government has lied ...after lobbying by the Parramatta club the new stands will be Thornett and Cronin and probable others as well. If this is the case this is PARRAMATTAS STADIUM and NOT a neutral venue .
I hope that our CEO Mr Pascoe gets on the phone soon to confirm if this is the case ,as the supporters of our club including myself have argued that this stadium is the future our club can build on . We have been lied to and bought seating packages under FALSE pretences as the new stadium is PARRAMATTAS RLFC STADIUM and not a neutral venue a refund should be forthcoming from the club if any supporters want out of the packages that they have bought ....I should of known better !
What is Pascoe email address as I would like to send him one expressing my disappointment.
This is funny on so many levels :lol:
How many packages have you got there ?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:25 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:19 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:07 am
Snake wrote:
Well after all the talk of the Stadium being a neutral stadium.... in the Paper this morning the government has lied ...after lobbying by the Parramatta club the new stands will be Thornett and Cronin and probable others as well. If this is the case this is PARRAMATTAS STADIUM and NOT a neutral venue .
I hope that our CEO Mr Pascoe gets on the phone soon to confirm if this is the case ,as the supporters of our club including myself have argued that this stadium is the future our club can build on . We have been lied to and bought seating packages under FALSE pretences as the new stadium is PARRAMATTAS RLFC STADIUM and not a neutral venue a refund should be forthcoming from the club if any supporters want out of the packages that they have bought ....I should of known better !
What is Pascoe email address as I would like to send him one expressing my disappointment.
This is funny on so many levels :lol:
How many packages have you got there ?
All the ones that I wanted. I don’t really care what the stands are called. Isn’t it about the financial security of our club? Isn’t that what you and Gallagher have been parroting for months?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:36 am

Never considered it as a home ground its always been Parramattas locale first and foremost. Short term solution only.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:38 am

Snake wrote:
I have no problem with the stands being named after past Rugby League greats who have played on the site?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:10 am

I like how some are greatly offended about what a stand is called, yet have no issue with our home ground being in the heart of Parramatta. That’s okay, but don’t dare name a stand after a Parra player 🤔

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:31 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:10 am
I like how some are greatly offended about what a stand is called, yet have no issue with our home ground being in the heart of Parramatta. That’s okay, but don’t dare name a stand after a Parra player 🤔
Offended ,was the naming of the stands made clear before the purchase of memberships NO ! Was the stadium sold as being neutral YES ! There are still people living today that believe a contract is a contract and believe what they are being sold is what they get ... It is not what the stand is called as if I knew that we would not of continued our memberships as the major reason for getting behind the WSS was it was a neutral venue and location had no bearing we should of been given the choice .!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:35 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:31 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Offended ,was the naming of the stands made clear before the purchase of memberships NO ! Was the stadium sold as being neutral YES ! There are still people living today that believe a contract is a contract and believe what they are being sold is what they get ... It is not what the stand is called as if I knew that we would not of continued our memberships as the major reason for getting behind the WSS was it was a neutral venue and location had no bearing we should of been given the choice .!
When we went to Concord to select all our seats there were huge seating maps and prints of the stands ,they were not called the Thornett or Cronin stands !

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:36 am

Snake wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
What should have the stands been called?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:42 am

But but the financial security...

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:45 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:35 am
Snake wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
When we went to Concord to select all our seats there were huge seating maps and prints of the stands ,they were not called the Thornett or Cronin stands !
They obviously hadn't been named at that point?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:48 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:36 am
Snake wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
What should have the stands been called?
Nothing !!!that Is what a neutral ground is the stands were to be lite as each individual stake holder on game day ,the Stadium is called BankWest ..Parramatta have NO right to name anything the last I knew the tax payer of NSW built it not Parramatta football club . I am sure Souths supporters will be happy playing out of that stadium full time with Parramatta names all over it ..remember ANZ is a neutral ground the way WSS should be .
This is going to blow up in the government faces and deservingly so!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:49 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:42 am
But but the financial security...
The financial security came from the neutrality of the venue !

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:50 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:45 am
Snake wrote:
Snake wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The club obviously will have to offer refunds to us members that have an issue with this !

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:52 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:50 am
cochise wrote:
Snake wrote:
Snake wrote:

The club obviously will have to offer refunds to us members that have an issue with this !
Contact the club lol, what a petty thing to be upset about?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:56 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:52 am
Snake wrote:
cochise wrote:
Snake wrote:

Especially when you had no issue with our home ground being in the heart of Parramatta, on the site of Parramatta’s old home ground. But yeah, the name of the stands are next level.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:02 am

Was never going to be neutral. It has always been their turf and always will be. While ever we play there, it will be as guests only.
We have committed to four years they have committed for 25 years - no doubt that came with conditions.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:19 am

cochise wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:52 am
Snake wrote:
cochise wrote:
Snake wrote:

Well I suppose it depends on how much personally you have invested $ wise in this ,and yes the club will be hearing from us ... they need supporters like us that have plenty to spend !lol we do have a voice it is in my wallet!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:30 am

No great shock to hear a politician has lied Gladys is probably trying to secure more votes in the parra area.The government do have a very tight election in March