Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger_Fan18

Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:54 pm

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the club will be playing a number of home games out of Western Sydney Stadium from 2019.

The new agreement will see Wests Tigers play four home games at the brand new stadium in 2019, with the club committing to Western Sydney Stadium until at least the end of 2022.

The club will move the four home games previously played at ANZ Stadium to Western Sydney Stadium from 2019, as the NSW Government prepares for the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium.

Western Sydney Stadium will provide 30,000 undercover seats and will bring Members and supporters closer to the action than ever before in Australia.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that the club was excited by what the future holds at Western Sydney Stadium.

"Western Sydney Stadium is set to be an incredibly impressive facility, which will provide the best game day experience in Australia," said Pascoe.

"We could not walk away from the opportunity to take games to Western Sydney Stadium.

"As a club we owe it to our Members and fans to provide them with the best possible facilities and Western Sydney Stadium will offer a great viewing experience," he said.

"The new stadium will provide us with the opportunity to theme the venue to give it a real home ground feel which I'm sure our players, Members and supporters will appreciate.

"In coming to this decision we've worked closely with Venues NSW and the Stadium operator to ensure that the needs of the club, our players, Members and fans will be met and that the move to Western Sydney Stadium is in the best interests of all parties," said Pascoe.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said that the new venue offers all the facilities needed for the team.

"Western Sydney Stadium is going to be a great place to watch and play Rugby League and our players and coaching staff are excited by what the future holds there," said Cleary.

"Key to our success on the field is having the facilities available for the players to prepare pre-game and then recover post-game and this venue has everything we need in the one place.

"I look forward to seeing the stands full with Wests Tigers Members and supporters when we take to the field at Western Sydney Stadium next season," he said.

Western Sydney Stadium will feature the steepest grandstands in Australia, bringing fans close to the action and creating an impressive event experience. The rows of seating have been installed in such a way that it will provide an unprecedented viewing experience for fans.

The new venue will also provide an impressive range of corporate hospitality options, including an exclusive corporate offering where guests can watch players enter and exit the field of play while viewing the game from ground level.

Western Sydney Stadium is easily accessed by public transport, with Wests Tigers 2019 home games at the venue to be confirmed when the NRL draw is launched later this year.

:sign:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm

Snake can finally put a sock in it ....
:bash:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said that the new venue offers all the facilities needed for the team.

"Western Sydney Stadium is going to be a great place to watch and play Rugby League and our players and coaching staff are excited by what the future holds there," said Cleary.

"Key to our success on the field is having the facilities available for the players to prepare pre-game and then recover post-game and this venue has everything we need in the one place.

"I look forward to seeing the stands full with Wests Tigers Members and supporters when we take to the field at Western Sydney Stadium next season," he said.
yeah but what was his body language like when he said that?

The club seems to be making some more positive moves, but we really need 1 homeground

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:43 pm

But Souths agreed to play there first, how do we get to play there too?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:43 pm

Closer drive from Penriff for the Clearys gotta be a good move

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:16 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm
I am not that bad ..I only have the future of our club at heart . :D

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:18 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:43 pm
But Souths agreed to play there first, how do we get to play there too?
2020 Souths in full time ...we get in first for once .

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:59 pm

Just saw a video where a bunch of members got taken to WSS. How do you get that gig?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:03 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:59 pm
Just saw a video where a bunch of members got taken to WSS. How do you get that gig?
Can you link it plz steve

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:03 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:59 pm
Can you link it plz steve
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... y-stadium/

ITs OK i found it on the official site...looks the goods...a few familiar faces
Last edited by innsaneink on Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm

I'd be interested to know whether there's any guaranteed financial incentive similar to our agreement at Homebush.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:25 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm
I'd be interested to know whether there's any guaranteed financial incentive similar to our agreement at Homebush.
Youd have to think there would be and likely more $$$...their budget would blow if not

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:55 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm

Bith grounds are managed by the same organisation so id say it is the same

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:14 pm

hobbo wrote:
But Souff's playing there means we missed out.. :?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:14 pm
hobbo wrote:
But Souff's playing there means we missed out.. :?
No ...
We get the 6pm Friday games !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

kafta

Post by kafta » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
We can park at Snake's place 2 minute walk from there ;)

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 9:17 am

Its interesting that they have committed to WSS until the end of 2022 but have only committed to both LO and CSS until the end of 2020. Maybe suss out how things go at WSS over the next 2 years with the possibility of a fulltime move in 2021?

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:08 am

Interesting there hasn't been much commentary on this announcement, I envisaged hundreds of posts, negative and positive on this forum. Is it a case of "what's the point''?

I don't complain as a rule, so over the last two decades I've kept my membership going, and kept going to whatever place the wests tigers decided to send us for the next few years. But, I've just about hit my pain threshold, it's like being a bad marriage.

Another 5 homes next year (6 of the 12 games away from home base). We will NEVER be consistently successful with that handicap.

I think I will only buy Leichhardt and Campbelltown next year for the first time.

Anyway, rant over.