2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tcat
Member
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Tcat » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:28 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:24 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:51 pm
2ue 30 mins ago reckons news next week.... Alluding to Cleary signing with Penrith for '19
yea, heard it in the car. hopefully our replacement is named this week too.
I wonder if Ivan will be back from holidays to face the music. Probably not, I'd be guessing some piss weak written statement saying how much he wanted to see out his contract but we forced him to leave.


TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:34 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm
TYGA could you please inform us of what the hell is going on or anyone because us tigers fans are fed up with whats been happening to our club and its getting really frustrating. If u do have anymore info could u let us know cos us fans are clueless as to whats going on because the club doent wants to inform its members of anything that's going on. Thanks and sorry if that came across as harsh. :sign:
I’ve been told Cleary will be gone this week and a new coach announced. Mate of mine is a player manager and a very good one requested the club to clear its position last week. They are after Wayne. I think they will settle with Madge but it’s just a guess.

He told me Teddy and Woods signed with the Dogs ages ago and I posted it some people thought I was bonkers but it came out to be true at the time but things change.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:36 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 2:31 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
vlad wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 11:34 am


Yes it will play out like this ...

You have gotta love the old classic spaghetti westerns

I prefer Blazing Saddles and Baked Beans.
:roll
Mel Brooks is my favourite American comedian/producer of all time.
[/quote

There’s a fair few clips of Mel on he Johnny Carson show on YouTube.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:46 pm

First there was Ivan the terrible
Now we have Ivan the traitor
That's how he will be remembered
Now he has to live with that

He should have just waited till the time was right
And it wasn't now

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:48 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm
TYGA could you please inform us of what the hell is going on or anyone because us tigers fans are fed up with whats been happening to our club and its getting really frustrating. If u do have anymore info could u let us know cos us fans are clueless as to whats going on because the club doent wants to inform its members of anything that's going on. Thanks and sorry if that came across as harsh. :sign:
Well Ivan if you don’t know what’s happening then no one does! :mrgreen:


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22437
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:54 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:47 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:22 pm
Big week ahead stay tuned.
a little more info ,please.
How about just waiting. It’s an underrated skill in this day and age.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm

You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22437
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:12 pm

#Benny2020

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Huh?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29262
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:17 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Why didnt you mention all this two hours ago with your initial post?

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:20 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
So if we sign Bennett what do we do for 2019? Forfeit?

Ivan cleary
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:26 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:34 pm
Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm
TYGA could you please inform us of what the hell is going on or anyone because us tigers fans are fed up with whats been happening to our club and its getting really frustrating. If u do have anymore info could u let us know cos us fans are clueless as to whats going on because the club doent wants to inform its members of anything that's going on. Thanks and sorry if that came across as harsh. :sign:
I’ve been told Cleary will be gone this week and a new coach announced. Mate of mine is a player manager and a very good one requested the club to clear its position last week. They are after Wayne. I think they will settle with Madge but it’s just a guess.

He told me Teddy and Woods signed with the Dogs ages ago and I posted it some people thought I was bonkers but it came out to be true at the time but things change.
Cheers mate appreciate it

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:27 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:26 pm
Ivan just used us so he could coach his son. It was always about this.

Disgusting creature.
Grubbier than the man he accused of not honouring a contract

Mitchell Moses himself

If it is all true as i expect it is well done IC

You've achieved mega grub status

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:32 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Seems an odd move my Maguire unless he has the Broncos gig lined up for 2020.

So we help the Broncos by ensuring Maguire is signed for 2019. I can see some player trading happening of that is the case.

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:33 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Cheers Tyga

Enjoy your posts

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:34 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:32 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Seems an odd move my Maguire unless he has the Broncos gig lined up for 2020.

So we help the Broncos by ensuring Maguire is signed for 2019. I can see some player trading happening of that is the case.
I believe what he meant is that Maguire can start in 2019 but Bennett can only start in 2020. So we have to decide to take Maguire now or wait for Wayno.

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:12 pm
#Benny2020
Agree

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:36 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:32 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm
You can hammer me later if I’m wrong but I’m very reliably informed both Maguire 2019 and Bennett 2020 have verballly agreed to terms with the Tigers. It’s the clubs choice what suits them. Cleary is gone.
Seems an odd move my Maguire unless he has the Broncos gig lined up for 2020.

So we help the Broncos by ensuring Maguire is signed for 2019. I can see some player trading happening of that is the case.
I think what he means is that Maguire and Bennett have separately agreed to take on the coaching role and that the club has to choose between the two, not that Maguire has agreed to a 1 year deal to then be replaced by Bennett...

Post Reply