Which was WS Best and Worst games of the 2018 season?

Wests Tigers Discussion
TheDaBoss

Which was WS Best and Worst games of the 2018 season?

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:33 am

Round 3 for me was the game i hated the most, my blood reached a all time high boiling point that night.....

Best game was our Rd 19 against Rabs imo, :righton:
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:40 am

Hard to go past the Storm game in round 2 as the best. Though the first Souths game came close.

The worst has to be the 2nd game against the Dogs. Everything on the line and we weren't even interested. The last game against Souths was horrible, but the season was already gone, so didn't really matter in the scheme of things.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:45 am

The 1st game against Easts. First time in donkeys we got one past those slimy mongrels. They had a full strength side as well so there was no excuses.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:20 am

Rds 1 and 2 were special. The most pleasing fortnight of footy since 2005 for me. Second storm game probably the biggest achievement. They were ready for us, we gave up home ground advantage, another maggot's milestone. Bang.

First manly game and south's game. Also great. Even rd 3, very proud of the effort.

Lowlights were titans and dragons at LO. Losing to para and the dogs. Getting pipped by the rosters.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:23 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
The 1st game against Easts. First time in donkeys we got one past those slimy mongrels. They had a full strength side as well so there was no excuses.
Yep, first game of the year. The faithful could scarcely believe it. The place went off. Also special mention to two wins over Manly in the one year.
Need more props.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 11:18 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:40 am
Hard to go past the Storm game in round 2 as the best. Though the first Souths game came close.

The worst has to be the 2nd game against the Dogs. Everything on the line and we weren't even interested. The last game against Souths was horrible, but the season was already gone, so didn't really matter in the scheme of things.
yeah i was pretty disappointed with that last game against souths cause i thought, we could at least put in some effort and end on a high note for a huge leap in improvement.

The 2nd game against Raiders was also a good game, as well as that second game against Manly, great tries in both games from both sides

willow

Post by willow » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 12:37 pm

Worst games are pretty easy to sort out. Second half capitulations to the Titans at Leichhardt and Raiders at Campbelltown sucked...second game against the Bulldogs was rubbish...second game against the Eels - we should have put them away but defended like reserve graders. Best game...the two wins against the Storm, round 1 against the chooks and Souths were all special. Pretty happy with the away win against the Raiders too, I thought for sure we would get belted in that game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 1:38 pm

First Souths game was the best, where we frankly dominated what a high-flying club (8 match or so winning streak at that time?) by executing a good game plan for 79 minutes. In some ways I consider we ambushed Roosters and Storm early - sometimes when a club is reshaped it's more difficult for the opposition to work you out in the earlier rounds.

But that Souths game, Farah just back, Tigers played terrific controlled aggressive football the entire match.

Worst game was the Raiders match. We were in that match at half-time, then it totally blew out, like Tigers of old. First big blow-out of the season and whilst the second Souths game was super disappointing, I can understand that it was a difficult game to compete in with Souths pushing into the finals and Tigers 100% coming 9th. But the Raiders game - two close losses to quality opposition, then blown away by a team behind us on the ladder. Crippled our season.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:47 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 1:38 pm
First Souths game was the best, where we frankly dominated what a high-flying club (8 match or so winning streak at that time?) by executing a good game plan for 79 minutes. In some ways I consider we ambushed Roosters and Storm early - sometimes when a club is reshaped it's more difficult for the opposition to work you out in the earlier rounds.

But that Souths game, Farah just back, Tigers played terrific controlled aggressive football the entire match.

Worst game was the Raiders match. We were in that match at half-time, then it totally blew out, like Tigers of old. First big blow-out of the season and whilst the second Souths game was super disappointing, I can understand that it was a difficult game to compete in with Souths pushing into the finals and Tigers 100% coming 9th. But the Raiders game - two close losses to quality opposition, then blown away by a team behind us on the ladder. Crippled our season.
the story of the entire season, win against teams in the top 8, and lose against people in the bottom 8 :bash

Also that 2nd game against dragons was also pretty shocking, threw a phone across the room in that game

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 6:41 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
Yes agree. I couldn’t believe it, I was jumping up and down. Thought this was going to be an interesting season. It didn’t turn out the way I had hoped but I did enjoy that win. I gave it to Cronk and Teddy as they walked off the field that day.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:18 pm

Best game for me was beating the Dragons at Kogarah. Worst game was going down badly to the Raiders at Campbelltown on a very cold Sunday afternoon.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 7:20 pm

Best game was beating the Roosters

Worst game was losing to the Roosters

Both games could of been turned on their heads by a few centimetres

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:00 pm

Best game - beating the chooks
No more plodders!
:sign:

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm

Love thrashing Manly at Brookie. Makes an old Magpie fan very happy.

Hate how each year we get owned by the Raiders

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:38 pm

first game of the year against the Roosters was the best for mine. Rushed down to the game from a family BBQ on the central coast not expecting much and we got a hard fought win.

Last game v Souths was the worst. Trekked out thinking that we had had a good season and had one last chance to show we were heading in the right direction and we put in a woeful performance.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 9:17 pm

Clearyweareone wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm
Love thrashing Manly at Brookie. Makes an old Magpie fan very happy.

Hate how each year we get owned by the Raiders
at least we got 1 back at them ;)

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:30 pm

This is easy. Best game was beating Souths I thought we were gonna get monstered. The worst game was losing to the Dogs they were fielding a terrible team but we didn't show up.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:39 pm

Best game beating Melbourne in Melbourne for me..most satisfying betting the Manly scum twice in a season...

Worst have to say Titans loss..but getting flogged by Canberra and Souff's was just as bad..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong