The thread about the locked thread about the Ivan Cleary Locked thread.

General Social Discussion
Post Reply
Bob
Member
Member
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

The thread about the locked thread about the Ivan Cleary Locked thread.

Post by Bob » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:53 pm

Legit question.

Clearly that person just made up a new user to have a shout and be the centre of attention.

How, or can a website stop users from just signing up multiple usernames and generally being pests.

How is it managed that we don’t just get a butt load of spam? The odd one gets through every now and then. Is it primarily an active thing to manage, or is there an inbuilt monitor and parameters?


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29653
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 12:04 am

We do it
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Bob
Member
Member
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Bob » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:00 am

By the I.P. address? How many hours?

Generally it would be interesting to know how much upkeep is required.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29653
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:32 am

There are protocols in place for spam bots Bob.....which keep the majority out odd one gets through..

If you are talking about actual human idiots..well the mod team takes care of that and it's a 24hr 7 days a week job..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 3:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:32 am
There are protocols in place for spam bots Bob.....which keep the majority out odd one gets through..

If you are talking about actual human idiots..well the mod team takes care of that and it's a 24hr 7 days a week job..
Yet Hobbo escapes your grasp time and time again


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18148
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 7:33 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 3:08 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:32 am
There are protocols in place for spam bots Bob.....which keep the majority out odd one gets through..

If you are talking about actual human idiots..well the mod team takes care of that and it's a 24hr 7 days a week job..
Yet Hobbo escapes your grasp time and time again
Mountain folk are automatically exempt Hap.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 6:32 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 7:33 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 3:08 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:32 am
There are protocols in place for spam bots Bob.....which keep the majority out odd one gets through..

If you are talking about actual human idiots..well the mod team takes care of that and it's a 24hr 7 days a week job..
Yet Hobbo escapes your grasp time and time again
Mountain folk are automatically exempt Hap.
I'm guessing because they can play the banjo so well and can make people scream like a pig

Post Reply