Ronnie Palmer

Wests Tigers Discussion
Harvey

Re: Ronnie Palmer

Post by Harvey » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 9:34 am

I honestly do not rate Ronnie that highly. He is very experienced, but if you look at the clubs he has been at recently, there seems to be a very high number of soft tissue injuries.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:06 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 08 Dec, 2018 9:34 am
I honestly do not rate Ronnie that highly. He is very experienced, but if you look at the clubs he has been at recently, there seems to be a very high number of soft tissue injuries.
Seriously... You monitor this stuff?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:49 am

A mate who is a Panthers fan brought it up last year, when we had a few players going down.

He was with Cleary at the Panthers when injuries ruined 2 years for them, and last year we had quite a few players miss weeks here and there with various strains. Might all be con-incidence, but these type of injuries have followed him.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 3:53 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:49 am
A mate who is a Panthers fan brought it up last year, when we had a few players going down.

He was with Cleary at the Panthers when injuries ruined 2 years for them, and last year we had quite a few players miss weeks here and there with various strains. Might all be con-incidence, but these type of injuries have followed him.
I thought last year was one of the better years for Tigers for soft tissue injuries.

Palmer was also at the Roosters between 1987 and 2011, Titans for 2 years, Parra for 1 year; been with the Origin team for many years.

But sure your mate reckons soft tissue injuries follow him around from club to club.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 8:34 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 08 Dec, 2018 3:53 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sat 08 Dec, 2018 11:49 am

I thought last year was one of the better years for Tigers for soft tissue injuries.

Palmer was also at the Roosters between 1987 and 2011, Titans for 2 years, Parra for 1 year; been with the Origin team for many years.

But sure your mate reckons soft tissue injuries follow him around from club to club.
Agreed, though I also recall only too well the Penrith situation a few years back and admit to being more than a little worried of a repeat occurrence coming into this season because of it.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 10:23 pm

He's still at the club.

He was on Benji's instagram story last week helping advertise Ronnie's book lol