Ivan Cleary opens up on Penrith return and controversial Tigers exit

Wests Tigers Discussion
TIGERPOWER

Re: Ivan Cleary opens up on Penrith return and controversial Tigers exit

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:37 pm

Thank you Ivan for confirming that you are a man with no integrity or a man of your word. When you knew the Tigers weren’t going to just let you go to the panthers you signed for them in 2021 knowing it would make your position untenable. To come out know and try to justify yourself by saying it was a mutual decision just shows even more the low person you are. I’d love to bump into you and let you know what Tigers fans really think of you.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:46 pm

Only 50% of Penrith fans seem to think Cleary didn't do anything wrong. The half plus the fans of 15 other clubs seem to think he is a total dog.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:52 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:46 pm
Only 50% of Penrith fans seem to think Cleary didn't do anything wrong. The half plus the fans of 15 other clubs seem to think he is a total dog.
The thing is though, with the rest of the RL public, I think those feelings will wear off. There’s no emotional attachment.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 3:40 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:33 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 12:48 pm
tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
i feel like im sticking up for cleary too much but i honestly feel that he did what he thought was best. he had a contract here for 2 years he wanted to honour but an extra 3 years we couldn't offer but someone else could so he took that. right now, his son and himself have got a massive 5 year contract.

selfish, but that's just how this world is. we are and we wouldn't have been in a worse situation coz of this.
If you think he had any intention of honouring his contract after Penrith came knocking then you've been fooled.
How do you know we couldn't/didn't offer him an extension?

Ivan wanted to coach his son, that's it. Once that opportunity presented itself at Penrith, coaching Nathan became more important to him than coaching us. Even with two years left on his contract. He knew agreeing to coach Penrith in 2021 would force our hand. Just look at the Bennett situation right now.
to me it looks like this- ivan had a chance to secure 3 extra years- that's 5 years, probably over $2m- who's gonna say no to that? on top of that, you add in that he knows the entire team there, his son is there and he lives around there. i honestly dont blame him for taking the deal. as for the 2 years that he had agreed with us, we had more of an issue with that than ivan so we looked elsewhere.

these things happen. people are making him out to be some sort of a villain. he's put our club back on the map in a year. we are as stable as we've been in years and a large part of that is owing to ivan. the team is close with each other.

im sure ivan is gonna have regrets of leaving another job unfinished but that's life. move on.
It says in the article he couldn’t commit beyond 2020, and his intention is he will be at the panthers. So basically he made a choice of the panthers over tigers, it sounds like there was an offer available from the tigers he just wanted to go. Essentially you get from that quote: you’ve got me in a contract until 2020, after that I’m not staying no matter what, as soon as I’m not legally obligated, I’m outta here. At this stage it is to the panthers...

Why on earth would you want someone with that mentality around?

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 4:21 pm

Bob wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 3:40 pm
tig_prmz wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:33 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 12:48 pm
tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
i feel like im sticking up for cleary too much but i honestly feel that he did what he thought was best. he had a contract here for 2 years he wanted to honour but an extra 3 years we couldn't offer but someone else could so he took that. right now, his son and himself have got a massive 5 year contract.

selfish, but that's just how this world is. we are and we wouldn't have been in a worse situation coz of this.
If you think he had any intention of honouring his contract after Penrith came knocking then you've been fooled.
How do you know we couldn't/didn't offer him an extension?

Ivan wanted to coach his son, that's it. Once that opportunity presented itself at Penrith, coaching Nathan became more important to him than coaching us. Even with two years left on his contract. He knew agreeing to coach Penrith in 2021 would force our hand. Just look at the Bennett situation right now.
to me it looks like this- ivan had a chance to secure 3 extra years- that's 5 years, probably over $2m- who's gonna say no to that? on top of that, you add in that he knows the entire team there, his son is there and he lives around there. i honestly dont blame him for taking the deal. as for the 2 years that he had agreed with us, we had more of an issue with that than ivan so we looked elsewhere.

these things happen. people are making him out to be some sort of a villain. he's put our club back on the map in a year. we are as stable as we've been in years and a large part of that is owing to ivan. the team is close with each other.

im sure ivan is gonna have regrets of leaving another job unfinished but that's life. move on.
It says in the article he couldn’t commit beyond 2020, and his intention is he will be at the panthers. So basically he made a choice of the panthers over tigers, it sounds like there was an offer available from the tigers he just wanted to go. Essentially you get from that quote: you’ve got me in a contract until 2020, after that I’m not staying no matter what, as soon as I’m not legally obligated, I’m outta here. At this stage it is to the panthers...

Why on earth would you want someone with that mentality around?
Personally I don't want him around. I'm disappointed in the bludger that even when he was coaching us, he'd rather have been elsewhere. If he held us in lower regard than other teams, he should never have come here.

Anyway, some players and coaches in this sport leave a lasting legacy, that can last many decades or even generations. Some others never reach such heights in their ability, but their effort and drive forges an imprint.
Others still, see it as a job, and a way to grab some quick cash. Ivan fits into Category C, but he was pretending to be from Category A.

Hopefully we have a better result with Madge, and hopefully Cleary fails as sensationally as he deserves.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 4:50 pm

What a grub... Are the Cleary's seventh day adventist? Or just like to keep it in the family!
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:52 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
The thing is though, with the rest of the RL public, I think those feelings will wear off. There’s no emotional attachment.
I don't know, a lot of people still think SBW is a dog.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 7:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:52 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Its our job to remind them at every opportunity.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 9:55 pm

the fluff is real
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 11:12 pm

These are funny from Twitter, read similar things and worse things on Facebook- paints a picture.

Sulky Ive. Snake in the grass Ive.
Just Ive

Ivan Cleary was in discussion with Sam Ayoub to keep Tyrone Peachy at Penrith while being paid by the Wests Tigers FACT. Ivan it was your decision to leave, you decided to give everyone at Wests Tigers the silent treatment including the players and management.

“I was ready to see out the final two years" Cleary said.
Adamant that he acted with full disclosure and honesty.
This guy still thinks he has some creditably.
Did you disclose your daily phone calls to Shane Elford at Penrith while employed by Wests Tigers?

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 11:36 pm

Ivan is a myth and I don't really rate him at all. Poor recruitment and he only got us as high on the ladder as Taylor did. I for one are glad this happened with ivan, we now have a proven winning coach and don't have to get sucked into paying 1mill plus for Nathan. Now if madge can lock Brooks up we are ok.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 12:14 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 12:33 pm
Not sure what banners or giving him a serve does. Is it really going to affect him? Nup. He’s sitting pretty for the next 5 years, making millions. His son too. The last thing he cares about is a couple banners in the crowd.
Surely if you put one on his chin at best it would be an aggravated assault charge :lol: and a fine

"Sorry your honour , I was trying to get on the bus and Ivan's chin got in the way "

"yes your honour 5 times " :D

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 2:37 pm
Thank you Ivan for confirming that you are a man with no integrity or a man of your word. When you knew the Tigers weren’t going to just let you go to the panthers you signed for them in 2021 knowing it would make your position untenable. To come out know and try to justify yourself by saying it was a mutual decision just shows even more the low person you are. I’d love to bump into you and let you know what Tigers fans really think of you.
Honestly i would do the same.

I hope all Wests Tigers fans let this guy know about it for the rest of his professional career. No need for abuse or violence etc but nothing wrong with just fronting him and telling he dogged it. Nothing but a classless and conniving human being.
Its an opinion!

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:37 am

After reading through this and how he thinks. We dodged a bullet.

He is incredibly delusional

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:25 am

A few weeks later with Maguire's arrival imminent.

I am actually very happy about the next chapter in the WT story.

I have moved on.

Cleary and Son will be well paid for the next 5 years regardless of performances, Time will tell us if the massive gamble has paid off.

No more from me on this matter

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:40 am

"unfinished business" LOL so wishy washy like "it is what it is"
but in our fickle society we can't say "they paid me a lot more"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:32 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:40 am
"unfinished business" LOL so wishy washy like "it is what it is"
but in our fickle society we can't say "they paid me a lot more"
He can't say that because how does he instill goodwill with the Panthers fan base? They'll be asking "how long will it be before he dicks us?" They really should be asking that anyway.

Hope both of them finish up without premierships. Yeah they'll have their millions, but they'll never get what they are really after.
Madge's Maulers.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:51 am

NRL slamming the stable doors closed after the horse has bolted yet again

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/nrl ... rwdsuqcae1