What area do we need more help in?

Wests Tigers Discussion

What area do we need more help in?

Fullback + Wing
3
8%
Centres
24
60%
Halves
0
No votes
Front Row
10
25%
Back Row
1
3%
Interchange
2
5%
 
Total votes: 40

User avatar
IBleedBlack&Orange
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:18 am

What area do we need more help in?

Post by IBleedBlack&Orange » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 12:28 pm

What area (Backline, Centres, Halves, FR, 2R, Interchange) do we lack the most talent in & what area do we need a new signing & who.
Search "clinton gage drone" on YouTube and subscribe to the channel "Drone Photography"


maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:18 am

I’ve said fullback and wing ...... but what I’m looking for is someone with speed. We have had both korobete and addo Carr letgo. Let’s not make that happen again.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5659
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 3:03 pm

Winning a premiership
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5709
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 3:18 pm

Robert Jennings would do well as centre.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33163
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm

Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.


User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1757
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:33 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Why Willow? We’d only let them go after 1 year because:
a) they are no good under high ball
b) they can not defend
c) they have a bad attitude
d) some other nonsense excuse
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5698
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:36 pm

No hooker option?

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:14 am

mike wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:33 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Why Willow? We’d only let them go after 1 year because:
a) they are no good under high ball
b) they can not defend
c) they have a bad attitude
d) some other nonsense excuse
get this question right to become a millionare
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41519
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:44 am

willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Converting the chances we create , a real game /line breaker in the opposition's red zone

Defence , rock hard first up defence and heaps of mental strength

Mentally we still lack , we have improved but still have a heap of improvement , we need to win the games that should be won

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:56 am

mike wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:33 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Why Willow? We’d only let them go after 1 year because:
a) they are no good under high ball
b) they can not defend
c) they have a bad attitude
d) some other nonsense excuse
Watched a game the other day when Korobete was playing for us. He could certainly run, but his defence and positional play were very ordinary.

:brick:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41519
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:02 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:56 am
mike wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:33 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Why Willow? We’d only let them go after 1 year because:
a) they are no good under high ball
b) they can not defend
c) they have a bad attitude
d) some other nonsense excuse
Watched a game the other day when Korobete was playing for us. He could certainly run, but his defence and positional play were very ordinary.

:brick:
Name a winger who has looked good defensively /positional wise in the past 7 years

The problems have always been inside our wingers

The guts and edges fold like a pack of cards and everyone gets sucked in

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:25 pm

Rorting the system - until we learn how we will never be a force.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:02 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:56 am
mike wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 7:33 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
Why Willow? We’d only let them go after 1 year because:
a) they are no good under high ball
b) they can not defend
c) they have a bad attitude
d) some other nonsense excuse
Watched a game the other day when Korobete was playing for us. He could certainly run, but his defence and positional play were very ordinary.

:brick:
Name a winger who has looked good defensively /positional wise in the past 7 years

The problems have always been inside our wingers

The guts and edges fold like a pack of cards and everyone gets sucked in
Exactly. Our edge looks like being slightly stronger for 2019. A top level lock would help negate this problem as well.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8424
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:50 pm

Maybe not as a roster but more so as game execution.

Mbye needs to be involved for the full 80...
Brooks needs more support from the pack.
And the boys as a whole need to play till the whistle.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:14 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:50 pm
Maybe not as a roster but more so as game execution.

Mbye needs to be involved for the full 80...
Brooks needs more support from the pack.
And the boys as a whole need to play till the whistle.
twal also needs to be there for 80 min
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29716
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:38 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
In a Corey Oates style body

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:38 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
In a Corey Oates style body
flexible?
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8424
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:48 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:38 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 4:46 pm
Genuine speed on the wings would be handy as we lack that genuine spark out wide.
In a Corey Oates style body
flexible?
Tall, athletic with a good vertical leap.
Something we always lack.

Yow Yeh, Oates type... Super competitive under the high ball.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply