CEO Update for December.2018

Geo.

CEO Update for December.2018

Post by Geo. » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 10:19 am

Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for December.

I’d like to begin by welcoming new Head Coach Michael Maguire to the club. Michael has been with us in person for the last two weeks and has impressed all at the club during that time. He’s incredibly committed to the role and has a clear direction for where he wants to take Wests Tigers and we all look forward to working with him to make that a reality.

Throughout the entire interview process I was impressed over and over again by Michael, with one thing that stood out being his burning desire to win. He’s had success at the highest level both here and overseas and we look forward to seeing what he can achieve with our club.

We also welcomed a number of new players to Wests Tigers when pre-season kicked off at the beginning of the month. Ryan Matterson and Paul Momirovski both joined us following successful seasons with the Sydney Roosters, with Matterson a part of the Premiership winning squad and Momirovski making his NRL debut and scoring the match winning try in the preliminary final. Last week we also welcomed Zane Musgrove to the club, Zane brings size and strength to our pack and is a welcome addition. All three players have settled well into the club and have impressed with the way that they have conducted themselves both on and off the training field. We look forward to them having long and successful careers at Wests Tigers.

Our Top 30 squad for 2019 also includes three players who were development players last year. Sam McIntyre, Thomas Mikaele and Dylan Smith have all successfully made the transition into the full time squad and are progressing well under the guidance of Michael Maguire and his coaching staff.

Off the field I’m delighted to announce that 2018 was a historic year for Wests Tigers. For the first time in the club’s history we have turned a profit, with Wests Tigers recording an unaudited profit of almost $400,000. This is an improvement of more than $2.7 million on the year before and many millions more ahead of the years before. This positive outcome is something that we have been working towards for some time now and is the result of countless hours of work behind the scenes by our dedicated staff and I thank them for their efforts. We’ve said over and over again that we want to build a sustainable club that we can all be proud of and I’m happy to say that we’re well on the way to achieving that.

This club is now in the strongest position it has ever been in off the field and we look forward to continuing to build on that into the future. I’d like to acknowledge the Wests Tigers Board of Directors for the tireless work that they have done to ensure that this organisation continues on a stable pathway to success.

Our 2019 Membership program went on sale last month and I’m happy to say it’s progressing very well. Last year was a record for this club with more than 20,000 Members committing to Wests Tigers and we’re on track to beat that again in 2019. I ask you to encourage any friends and family who have been sitting on the fence to get involved and commit to Wests Tigers. We have a great range of packages to meet any needs and an exciting home draw for the year ahead.

In recent weeks we’ve also added to our Corporate Partner family, with Neds and One Solutions joining the club. Neds are our new back of jersey and sternum sponsor, with One Solutions our 2019 Membership partner. I welcome both organisations to the club and we look forward to working closely with them over the coming years.

You would have seen that we recently launched our 2019 home and away jerseys and it’s great to see strong pre-order numbers for both jerseys. I’m happy to say that both jerseys are now available in-store with our Roarstore staff shipping orders daily.

At the same time as we launched the new jersey range we also unveiled the Wests Tigers 20th Anniversary logo. In 2019 we celebrate Wests Tigers’ 20th season in the NRL with a number of events planned throughout the year. While we’re focussed on continuing to build a successful future for Wests Tigers, we’re also committed to honouring the past during this milestone year.

Our club has come a long way in the last 19 years and has provided some great memories for everyone involved in the club and our loyal Members and supporters. Keep an eye out for details over the coming months and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the various celebrations.

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO

Source Members email
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 02 Dec, 2018 11:01 am

No mention of Marina Go in Pascoe's piece.
Looks like she is being headhunted.
Hopefully tells the ABC to go get stuffed. Although ABC iView could do with a refresher Netflix style.

..."...."......................

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s vacant chairman role could see a high-profile media boss or a top lawyer taking the public broadcaster’s reins, with headhunters approaching executives about the top job.

The resignation of chairman Justin Milne, following revelations he encouraged ex-managing director Michelle Guthrie to fire journalists the government didn't like, has seen executive recruiters Korn Ferry tasked with finding a replacement amid renewed scrutiny on the taxpayer-funded broadcaster.

Former ABC chairman Justin Milne resigned in September, days after managing director Michelle Guthrie was sacked.
Former ABC chairman Justin Milne resigned in September, days after managing director Michelle Guthrie was sacked.CREDIT:DOMINIC LORRIMER
Among the names being floated by media industry sources is Gilbert + Tobin managing director and former National Australia Bank director Danny Gilbert who is considered a frontrunner. Shadow communications minister Michelle Rowland worked at Mr Gilbert's law firm as a senior lawyer for a decade. The ex-chairman of the Australian Film Television and Radio School declined to comment.

Another possibility is ex-Bauer Media general manager Marina Go, who sources say has been scoped out by recruiters in the past few weeks. Ms Go is currently the chair of Wests Tigers Rugby League and is formerly chief executive of Crikey publisher Private Media.
in Ivan we distrust