Why Nathan Cleary was never heading to the WT's

Post by happy tiger » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 2:23 am

You little arrogant SOB

The hurts coming

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... cid=ASUDHP

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 5:36 am

Yawn..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 6:20 am

Why’s he arrogant? Lol get a grip.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 6:27 am

The Cleary name was brought into disrepute by only one person, who happens to be........................a Cleary.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 6:33 am

Poor Ivan. Hope he is ok.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 6:42 am

His only confirming what a lot of Wests Tigers supporters were already suspecting was the case with Nathan Cleary. What I don’t understand is why Ivan took the job with us if he knew deep down his son wasn’t going to be coming.
Oh well it’s worked out well for all parties so it’s wasnt the worse thing to occur.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:00 am

Needaname wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 6:42 am
His only confirming what a lot of Wests Tigers supporters were already suspecting was the case with Nathan Cleary. What I don’t understand is why Ivan took the job with us if he knew deep down his son wasn’t going to be coming.
Oh well it’s worked out well for all parties so it’s wasnt the worse thing to occur.
Maybe he thought it's good for him to get back into the coaching swing of things initially.... You could suggest - to use a cricket term- he was getting his eye in?

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:04 am

Own your decisions. Take responsibility for your actions.
Far out - In the Cleary household they believe they were the victims and now its over and we all just move on.
As far as I am aware Cleary senior still hasn’t apologised to or even recognised the fans. That’s unaustralian. His actions were selfish and poor in the extreme and he has to carry that forever. But I really don’t think he cares - maybe when he’s lying in bed at night.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:29 am

Well, the "Cleary name" has been denigrated by non other than the head Cleary. I thought he was and honourable man with integrity that went the extra mile for the people he worked for, the players he coached and the fans that he gave hope to..... INCORRECT!

He was just a selfish little man, who didn't care for anyone but himself and his family, a little man who had no respect for others and is definitely not an honourable man, little or otherwise.

Quote from Nathan: "This is the first time I'm working with him as the coach, but just growing up and the things he instilled in me, I think it will really help this team.

You are going to be a poor excuse for a man Nathan if he instilled in you all the traits he showed at the Wests Tigers - oh! and throw in lying and being deceitful.

Hope all you mongrels at "Riff" never win a comp, and hopefully Nathan, you eventually lose your SOO jumper to a good guy.... Luke Brooks.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am

Look at it another way, if we had kept Jason and Jacob breaks down what would have Jason done? Was Matt B still in the recovery room?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:39 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am
Look at it another way, if we had kept Jason and Jacob breaks down what would have Jason done? Was Matt B still in the recovery room?
What are you talking about?

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:40 am

its all over red rover........
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:45 am

Still can't figure out what Nathan said in the article that makes him so arrogant. Basically out of the "i just re-signed with my current club" handbook.

Ivan did us a favour. His mind was never on the job when he was here and his heart was never in it. Was obvious long ago.

We've ended up in a stronger position with a much more accomplished coach. Despite Cleary walking out, we've had our most productive off season in a long time. I got no reason to feel bitter towards the Cleary's. Good luck to them.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:59 am

Yeah not sure about the hate directed at Cleary junior. He stayed loyal to his club, something his father could learn from.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Clawdan

Post by Clawdan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:01 am

All it does is confirm ivan really wasnt committed to the tigers, yes he did a good job but it was all just a way back to the panthers. If he knew nathan would never leave penrith why did he have to talk about wanting to coach his son every time he spoke to the media wearing tigers colours. I think he did have a long term plan.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:03 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:04 am
Own your decisions. Take responsibility for your actions.
Far out - In the Cleary household they believe they were the victims and now its over and we all just move on.
As far as I am aware Cleary senior still hasn’t apologised to or even recognised the fans. That’s unaustralian. His actions were selfish and poor in the extreme and he has to carry that forever. But I really don’t think he cares - maybe when he’s lying in bed at night.
Ivan doesn't care mate. The jeers and insults might sting the first game we play against the Panthers, especially if we win, but he's locked down for five years, Nathan is locked down for six. They are laughing all the way to the bank. He'll learn to deal with the hate that Wests fans will deal out to him.

We came out OK, got a better coach and some financial compo out of it, the last laugh to be had is to enjoy a premiership while they don't at Penrith.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:15 am

yeti wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:39 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am
What are you talking about?
If we had kept Jason and Ivan didn't darken our door step what would have been the result in the same circumstances of Jacob breaking down? We kept bringing in the clowns till year end? (sorry fill in hookers)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:16 am

Surprised that there's still a head left on that axe you're grinding Byron.