NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
happy tiger

Paul Momirovski on Cooper Cronk

Post by happy tiger » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 2:31 am

Love his attitude already , give him a starting jersey now

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/paul-mo ... -secret/2/

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:02 am

As ive said before, he is a kid a 2 time premiership winning coach relied upon to perform under the pressure of a final.

The position is and was always his. Mahe fans better start lining up for State Cup.
Its an opinion!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:52 am

“If I earn the right to play first grade”
Says a lot about this kid in one small sentence
Earning rather entitlement- great value to live by
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:56 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:02 am
As ive said before, he is a kid a 2 time premiership winning coach relied upon to perform under the pressure of a final.

The position is and was always his. Mahe fans better start lining up for State Cup.
I don’t think Momorovski things the position was always his. He believes he has to earn it - which is good.
Mahe is rocks and diamonds but still has something to offer in 1st grade I believe. Very damaging attacking player when focussed. But that’s the issue hey - focus
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:00 am

The Patriot wrote:
By that rationale, Ben Murdoch-Masila should be a champion. Sheens had won 4 when he picked BMM to debut in a semi.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am

Masterton wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:00 am
The Patriot wrote:
By that rationale, Ben Murdoch-Masila should be a champion. Sheens had won 4 when he picked BMM to debut in a semi.

If you are happy with comparing the West Tigers cupboard with the Roosters cupboard go ahead.

If you heard Robonson talk about Momirovski you would understand he had the utmost faith in him. That is good enough for me.

Its not about BMM its about who is more reliable this kid or Mahe.

I pick the kid!
Its an opinion!

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:39 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 7:56 am
The Patriot wrote:

I don’t think Momorovski things the position was always his. He believes he has to earn it - which is good.
Mahe is rocks and diamonds but still has something to offer in 1st grade I believe. Very damaging attacking player when focussed. But that’s the issue hey - focus
mahes form downfall last season was due to injuries imo. I think he is going to hit the ground running next season
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:53 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:33 am
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

If you are happy with comparing the West Tigers cupboard with the Roosters cupboard go ahead.

If you heard Robonson talk about Momirovski you would understand he had the utmost faith in him. That is good enough for me.

I pick the kid!
Me too.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:54 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:39 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

mahes form downfall last season was due to injuries imo. I think he is going to hit the ground running next season
He was injured for 19 games?????

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:06 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 8:54 am
TheDaBoss wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

u can view i that way yes ;)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 12:52 pm

Russell wrote:
TheDaBoss wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Fitness issues early on , Mahe will be good back up

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 3:11 pm

Gonna be a super star.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 3:18 pm

Momirovski could be a genius signing, but if it doesn't work out, not much cost or lost. I like these type of signings, the kids who have worked hard as understudies to elite players and want to take their chance elsewhere.

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Thu 06 Dec, 2018 3:34 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Thu 06 Dec, 2018 9:06 am
Russell wrote:
TheDaBoss wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

u can view i that way yes ;)
Only if he had an injury that required a thick coat of butter to be applied to his hands and fingers regularly through the match.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 10:09 am

The Patriot wrote:
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I pick the kid!
Yeah, not having a go at Momo. Just saying it's a specious argument to say he'll be a good player because he was picked for a semi. by a premiership-winning coach.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 8:11 pm

Masterton wrote:
Fri 07 Dec, 2018 10:09 am
The Patriot wrote:
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I pick the kid!
Yeah, not having a go at Momo. Just saying it's a specious argument to say he'll be a good player because he was picked for a semi. by a premiership-winning coach.

Thats wasnt really my argument, it was just a poorly worded sentence. My mistake. The argument was that he rates him very highly.

I think most people in the game respect Robinson, sometimes instead of our own opinions its good to listen to people of this calibre give us theirs.
Its an opinion!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 07 Dec, 2018 9:44 pm

Old article from September about why he got to play against Souths in the semi

Paul Momirovski was a late inclusion for the Roosters after a secret discussion between Boyd Cordner and Trent Robinson

September 22, 2018 11:19pm
Joe McDonough
Source: FOX SPORTS

TRENT Robinson has revealed the clandestine conversations he had with his skipper Boyd Cordner that led to the promotion of their hero from Saturday night’s preliminary final Paul Momirovski.

With Latrell Mitchell suspended, the Roosters had indicated through their Tuesday squad list that veteran utility Mitchell Aubusson would fill in at left centre.

But an hour before kick-off, the Tricolours unveiled a new-look team list, with Momirovski shifted into the starting side with Aubusson moving to the back-row.

It was a decision few would’ve seen coming considering Momirovski had played just one NRL game before it.

But Robinson revealed in the post-match press conference, that it came down to a trust that the coaching staff and playing group had in the 22-year-old.

“(The decision) is a credit to the guy next to me. It was I think Tuesday, Boyd came in and said, ‘What are you thinking?’, I said ‘I’m thinking this’, and we both sat on it for a day I think without saying anything to anybody,” Robinson began.

“And then on the Wednesday I walked back in and talked to Boyd and went, ‘I think we’re going to do this, lets go here’, because we both trust him.”

He said that trust was earned over years of hard work on the training paddock.

“This is the bit about a squad. People see 17 players but Paulie was outside our top 30 until maybe April or May, and then we moved him into the top 30 with the space that was allowed there,” he continued.

“He makes good decisions consistently, and he’s a high principled player every single day.

“He’s training against Latrell Mitchell and Joseph Manu every single day, and he’s there to put pressure on them and make them make decisions, but he’s a highly intelligent footballer at the same time.

“So when we talked about it, there was a trust. And we slept on it that night and we both walked back in I remember Boyd’s smile on his face when I went ‘I’m going to go with Paul’. Because we both had a huge amount of trust and he knew our system as well as anybody.

“He’d only played one game but he trained for years for tonight. And he did a great job on the left edge with decision making and he scores the match-winning try because he’s in the right place at the right time. That’s what a good club looks like.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 58e8915e9f

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 08 Dec, 2018 2:48 pm

Good