Heritage Round at the SCG

innsaneink

Re: Heritage Round at the SCG

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 May, 2010 4:36 pm

prattenpark wrote:
towntiger wrote:Hi guys, just caught the commercial on tele with Benny and Mario promoting Heritage Round at the SCG.

I dont know about others, however i look forward to this game every year now. 30,000 plus at the SCG and then having the chance to take my kids on to the field of the SCG afterwards. What an experience. I know the seating/sightlines are not ideal, but for one game this is truly magical - the atmosphere of the crowd, the teams coming out of the members stand side by side, the marching bands, dancers at half time, the run for the cardboard corner posts at full time - what an experience!

When will the page go up for Heritage Round - i am getting sick of seeing the Roosters logo.

Hope we can turn the tables on last year's result.

See you all there!
After running onto the field at half time, leave via the members stand and hang out the back - last year the Tigers players made there way from the dressing rooms up to the swimming pool to finish their warm down. Lots of sad faces last year - hopefully that will change this weekend.

Re the jersey, I wish they'd change at half time too. Wests v Souths also have a great tradition. I was only 10 years old at the time, but my fading memory of Round 7 in 1976 is of one of the best home and away games ever. Magpies won 17-13 in a see sawing match in front of a packed Lidcombe Oval with kids allowed to sit on the bike track.
Seen the highlites on youtube?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 10 May, 2010 7:00 pm

it will be a great atmoshpere.
am looking forward to going and taking mum (80) for a belated mothers day.
if wests-tigers have a lead, or score is tied, kick a field goal just before half time, or just after.
don't wait until the dying stages of the game, to send it to someone who is not ready for it or able to kick.
get players in position on both sides of the play the ball area who can kick.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Tue 11 May, 2010 12:44 am

westTAHger wrote:it will be a great atmoshpere.
am looking forward to going and taking mum (80) for a belated mothers day.
if wests-tigers have a lead, or score is tied, kick a field goal just before half time, or just after.
don't wait until the dying stages of the game, to send it to someone who is not ready for it or able to kick.
get players in position on both sides of the play the ball area who can kick.
Kicking a field goal if it's on and suitable, is a set play of the club....Farah, Marshall and Sheens are on record with this, yet every time we go for a 35th minute field goal, the genius commentators seem to think it was a miscommunication.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Tue 11 May, 2010 3:02 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:yes i agree with you galahs. Didn't wests beats Souths in 52????? Buts lets celebrate 69 every year. We all turned up last week expecting to see the magpies heritage jersey and we were ambushed by a bunch of orange zooper dooper iceblocks. ironically they played accordingly. when at leichardt they can play in whatever they want but when in Campbelltown we should be in the black and white...simple solution. It's all good tho just remember how good it was last year defeating Manly in black and white. "Its a Black and White landslide...."
Awww, have a lie down, precious.

If this is the biggest issue for you, then maybe you should stick to supporting your NSW cup side.

WHY ON EARTH THEY USED THE ORANGE JERSEYS LAST WEEK AT THE NEW CAMPBELLTOWN OPENING WAS A DISGRACE.MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS TO SEE WESTS(TIGERS) WIN BUT ED RESCHS HAS A VALID POINT TAKE OFF YOUR BLACK AND GOLD GLASSES FOR A MOMENT SUNTANWONDERWOMAN AND GROW UP.BUT I WILL FINISH WITH SAYING IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEE THE BLACK AND GOLD THIS WEEK AS LONG AS NEXT YEAR WE HAVE WESTS VS ST GEORGE FOR HERITAGE ROUND WITH BLACK AND WHITE JERSEYS WOULD BE ONLY FAIR WOULDNT IT. :sign: :sign: :sign:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 11 May, 2010 8:15 am

Yeah it's not like they played in a colour which they felt suited the conditions last week or anything. It was a deliberate slap in the face I am sure :roll:

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Tue 11 May, 2010 11:24 am

Just a reminder to all you Wests Tigers Supporters/Members out there that The Jungle will be in BAY 33...there wil be plenty of spacee for everyon e bring banners/flagss..ill have mine as well so yeah,

Weve been copping it from negative fans (which i totally understand) over the last few weeks that we havnt been vocal enough and that no one could see us well this week we'll prove them wrong and what a way to do it at the old SCG against The Burrow ! BAY 33 EVERYONE!

Looking forward to seeing you all there, shouldnt be a reason why you arent

thankyou, KOK'09
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 11 May, 2010 11:32 am

magpie mania wrote:
TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:yes i agree with you galahs. Didn't wests beats Souths in 52????? Buts lets celebrate 69 every year. We all turned up last week expecting to see the magpies heritage jersey and we were ambushed by a bunch of orange zooper dooper iceblocks. ironically they played accordingly. when at leichardt they can play in whatever they want but when in Campbelltown we should be in the black and white...simple solution. It's all good tho just remember how good it was last year defeating Manly in black and white. "Its a Black and White landslide...."
Awww, have a lie down, precious.

If this is the biggest issue for you, then maybe you should stick to supporting your NSW cup side.

WHY ON EARTH THEY USED THE ORANGE JERSEYS LAST WEEK AT THE NEW CAMPBELLTOWN OPENING WAS A DISGRACE.MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS TO SEE WESTS(TIGERS) WIN BUT ED RESCHS HAS A VALID POINT TAKE OFF YOUR BLACK AND GOLD GLASSES FOR A MOMENT SUNTANWONDERWOMAN AND GROW UP.BUT I WILL FINISH WITH SAYING IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEE THE BLACK AND GOLD THIS WEEK AS LONG AS NEXT YEAR WE HAVE WESTS VS ST GEORGE FOR HERITAGE ROUND WITH BLACK AND WHITE JERSEYS WOULD BE ONLY FAIR WOULDNT IT. :sign: :sign: :sign:
I'd have thought the NRL chose the games for heritage week... Anyway we are playing Souths which justifies the Balmain jumper. If we played St George I'd support the Wests jumpers. Both make sense from a heritage pespective (come on, one club game between Wests and Souths is hardly equivalent to the rivalry with Balmain).

In any case not a huge deal in the scheme of things but if you're a Magpies member go the AGM and express your outrage at this miscarriage of justice.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 11 May, 2010 11:36 am

KingOvKingz09 wrote:Just a reminder to all you Wests Tigers Supporters/Members out there that The Jungle will be in BAY 33...there wil be plenty of spacee for everyon e bring banners/flagss..ill have mine as well so yeah,

Weve been copping it from negative fans (which i totally understand) over the last few weeks that we havnt been vocal enough and that no one could see us well this week we'll prove them wrong and what a way to do it at the old SCG against The Burrow ! BAY 33 EVERYONE!

Looking forward to seeing you all there, shouldnt be a reason why you arent

thankyou, KOK'09
Hope there is a good turnout and the Jungle is vocal because we know The Burrow will be as loud and abnoxious as they always are. Well Souths fans in general really. Last year they kept going on about the joint venture being a sell out so I had to remind them they sold their club to a New Zealand film star.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 11 May, 2010 4:08 pm

This game at the SCG and the Manly game at home are the two I look froward to the most.
Should get 30,000+ again

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 May, 2010 4:52 pm

magpie mania wrote:

ALLCAPS attempts to compensate for his limited rhetorical weaponry through the extravagant use of capitalized words - something netizens refer to as SHOUTING. Sure, a sprinkling of capitalized words can add some zip to a thrust, but they should be used sparingly. Even worse from a tactical point of view, too much shouting alerts other Warriors to the opponent's verbal WEAKNESS and emotional EXCITABILITY.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:46 am

magpie mania wrote:BUT I WILL FINISH WITH SAYING IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEE THE BLACK AND GOLD THIS WEEK AS LONG AS NEXT YEAR WE HAVE WESTS VS ST GEORGE FOR HERITAGE ROUND WITH BLACK AND WHITE JERSEYS WOULD BE ONLY FAIR WOULDNT IT. :sign: :sign: :sign:
Sounds good to me.