I put my money where their mouth was....

stryker

Re: I put my money where their mouth was....

Post by stryker » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:19 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:Ditto.
Did anyone notice that some players appeared to be having a go at other players at FT ?
It looked clear as day that there is finger pointing and division in the team
Wasnt taking much notice by that stage....who was arking up?

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:35 pm

glad i didn't step up, after the last 4 years i thought ill just pay my way through games this year.

ALMOST made the mistake of going to the SCG phew , least i felt good after they got pumped about not going.
tigers!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:48 pm

Yet there has been an increase in membership in 2010.....go figure....

Each to there own ....Personally I follow the Club ...not the Coach or players.....

Can't see not renewing or not turnng up to games is the answer...

30K turned up today and from what I could tell it was majority Wests Tigers....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:52 pm

They also booed us off the park - fully deserved might I add.

From where I sit, not many people are happy with Sheens. The disgruntled crowd is getting larger by the day.

angry ant

Post by angry ant » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:54 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:I went to everycgame from 2000 to 2008. I wont become a member until the Fonz is sacked. Get rid of him. He is destroying this club.

Yep pretty much same here dual season ticket holder from 2002-2008 attended every game in nsw over that period as well as following them to england. From 2008 I vowed not to step up again until the coach is sacked. As soon as he's gone, they have my money again.

I still support them but through the occasional attendence at a game and my poor girlfriend listening to my incessant whinging. :oops:

I am a member of both balmain leagues and the BDRLFC since 1999 and if Sheens attends the next meeting at the start of next year, I will ensure my voice is heard. Until Im marched out the door. lol

wt4lyf

Post by wt4lyf » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:02 pm

ive never been a member of the club..
was thinking of "stepping up" next year, but after todaays performance they gave me all the right reasons not too
will not be attending another match this season as weell

saved me from wasting my money
thanks WT :)
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 11:20 am

I think season ticket holders should be able to demand a refund for yesterday. Shouldn't the same rule apply for any business who does not supply a satisfactory product?
If this was to happen, i bet there would be some accountabilty then..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

barra

Post by barra » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:09 pm

I must have a different philosophy to most then. I paid up last week and I am not sorry. I have not been a member before so I am probably well ahead at this point in time.The team's performance was disgusting yesterday but I look forward to better games ahead. I pay membership to support the club not the players as such nor the coach, and I hope my small contibution helps.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:28 pm

I am a member and will continue to be because it is my choice of how I support the Wests Tigers just as it is anyones. If we went out there for 20 odd weeks and gave the low effort performance of yesterday than maybe I would reconsider.

I do find the "I have never been a member and now I won't join next year" an odd way to protest

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:42 pm

I feel sorry for all of you. This is your hard earned money. This is commitment you have made. You have a passion for the club and your willing to financially provide for it. In the current climate i respect that commitment. Days like yesterday, i feel your pain more so than i do for the players.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:09 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:I think season ticket holders should be able to demand a refund for yesterday. Shouldn't the same rule apply for any business who does not supply a satisfactory product?
If this was to happen, i bet there would be some accountabilty then..
Good idea. They could get it from a few places - The money they get for playing a home game at the SCG or the Melbourne Storm money that was split between the clubs. Just can't see them doing it though.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:13 pm

:lol: I would think it is obvious that any ticket only entitles you to entry to the ground to watch two teams participate in a Rugby League game. Nowhere in the definition of rugby league game is it pruported what level of skill or effort level displayed.

Hell refunds were not given to ticket holders of the 1909 Grand Final non event

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:00 pm

Smegs right....no one forced anyone to byu a membership....well at least the club didnt.
Maybe theres a house of pain somewhere around Darlo where Madame Excrutia forces her pathetic clients to be chained and have their botties paddled, ping pong balls forced into their mouths while theyre force to sign WTs membership forms - some people are gluttons for punishment as we all know. Image

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:08 pm

smeghead wrote::lol: I would think it is obvious that any ticket only entitles you to entry to the ground to watch two teams participate in a Rugby League game. Nowhere in the definition of rugby league game is it pruported what level of skill or effort level displayed.

No. WT specifically claim their memberships are MORE than just a season ticket.It is a product supplied by a business.
And by your comment, that's like a hamburger shop dishing up a pile of cow dung and then stating that there is no fine print as to the quality of their hamburger. Any business would just do it out of integrity...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 17 May, 2010 10:59 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
smeghead wrote::lol: I would think it is obvious that any ticket only entitles you to entry to the ground to watch two teams participate in a Rugby League game. Nowhere in the definition of rugby league game is it pruported what level of skill or effort level displayed.

No. WT specifically claim their memberships are MORE than just a season ticket.It is a product supplied by a business.
And by your comment, that's like a hamburger shop dishing up a pile of cow dung and then stating that there is no fine print as to the quality of their hamburger. Any business would just do it out of integrity...
Apples and oranges.

Honestly.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 18 May, 2010 5:23 am

innsaneink wrote: Maybe theres a house of pain somewhere around Darlo where Madame Excrutia forces her pathetic clients to be chained and have their botties paddled, ping pong balls forced into their mouths while theyre force to sign WTs membership forms - some people are gluttons for punishment as we all know. Image
We don't want to know how you spend your Saturday nights Ink :lol:

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 18 May, 2010 9:02 am

If (and its a big IF) we get our season back on track, what are you people with cut up membership cards going to do then? I understand the emotion behind what your doing, but in the long run it doens't really achieve much

Ink, maybe WT's membership drive could include a free 'consult' with Madame Excrutia for next year. If thats the case, I would become a long term member!!

alien

Post by alien » Wed 19 May, 2010 1:19 am

Alf Duguid wrote: Ink, maybe WT's membership drive could include a free 'consult' with Madame Excrutia for next year. If thats the case, I would become a long term member!!
Isn't watching them miss the finals year after year enough punishment for you?