The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

galahs

Re: The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:24 pm

anyway, if you didn't turn up you were the ones missing out on a great night of footy. Actually it was good for those that did. Short ques for the bar and toilets. It was like a 'comfort stadium'
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:26 pm

and how funny was the commentary that said along the lines off...

"at least for the warriors can look forward to heading back to nice new changerooms. the old away dressing sheds were like walking into a mexican jail cell"

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:40 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mate you called Leichhardt a dilapidated hole.
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
Yossarian wrote: Besides if your sole interest is the quality of the ground let's move full time to the SFS. Is this something you support?
No. Eventually we will hopefully have 2 grounds capable of holding 30,000+.

coop

Post by coop » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:38 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
The Macarthur region doesn't deserve diddly squat for their constant pathetic turnouts after the amount of whinging they do about not getting enough games out there. Face it....they're all so-called fans who always let the JV down.
The ol' cliche of "if you build it....they will come" doesn't apply here. They only turn up when WT are in good form. But what else did you expect when the people out there only jumped on the bandwagon when WS Magpies were transplanted out there.
The upgrade money could've been spent elsewhere for a better use, but ohhhh no....let's put in more seats so it will make the dump more hollow....Genius :idea:
Well, as Leichhardt has an average only 400 more than Campbelltown in the life of the Wests Tigers, maybe it's time Leichhardt council put a torch to that dump too?

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:03 pm

Unfortunately, the people who live in the Inner West are a bit more civilised. Isnt burning down footy parks a thing for the Westies???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

alien

Post by alien » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:14 pm

Wow there's alot of trolls in this thread. LOL

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:37 pm

I really dont understand how this thread turned into Campbletown vs Leichardt thread.. I think its quite obvious that there was a poor crowd because we had just lost 5 out of our last 6 matches. The poor crowd was what the team deserved and Im sure that as they start showing more effort and winning matches the crowds will improve each week.

Swannie47

Post by Swannie47 » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:43 pm

benjibrotown wrote:I really dont understand how this thread turned into Campbletown vs Leichardt thread.. I think its quite obvious that there was a poor crowd because we had just lost 5 out of our last 6 matches. The poor crowd was what the team deserved and Im sure that as they start showing more effort and winning matches the crowds will improve each week.
When you look at the stats it's quite ridiculous to be comparing the two ground and the level of support for each.

Since 2000 these are the crowd figure stats for both grounds

Campbelltown - 44 matches Total Attendance: 558,686 Average: 12,697
Leichardt - 42 matches Total Attendance: 547,066 Average: 13,025
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:58 pm

I don't know who suggested playing all our games at ANZ/SFS, but whoever you are, your a goose.

Have you ever been to Brookvale? or Kograh?

These are grounds where its uncomfortable to be an away fan. Where you concede 1-2 penalties just because the crowd is so behind it's team. I'm sure the players dread playing at these grounds in Sydney.

We have 2 grounds that do this. Obviously, I have a bias and will say Leichhardt does it moreso, but there have been instances in years gone by where Campbelltown has been packed to the brim and been an awesome venue for us (Cowboys and Sharks in '05, to me, are the best examples of this).

Why, WHY you wuld suggest we forgo this advantage for extra dollars at empty venues (I won't feel uncomfortable on Friday night, thats for sure) when we know traditional venues give a team a distinct advantage? Ridiculous.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 30 May, 2010 8:20 pm

the topic thread says,the tigers turned up, but where were the fans.
this could be said of the players at times.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 May, 2010 8:40 pm

Swannie47 wrote:
benjibrotown wrote:I really dont understand how this thread turned into Campbletown vs Leichardt thread.. I think its quite obvious that there was a poor crowd because we had just lost 5 out of our last 6 matches. The poor crowd was what the team deserved and Im sure that as they start showing more effort and winning matches the crowds will improve each week.
When you look at the stats it's quite ridiculous to be comparing the two ground and the level of support for each.

Since 2000 these are the crowd figure stats for both grounds

Campbelltown - 44 matches Total Attendance: 558,686 Average: 12,697
Leichardt - 42 matches Total Attendance: 547,066 Average: 13,025
Wow...300 people

When you consider before we started doing the rent-a-ground thing, that Cambo more often than not drew top 8 and grand finalist opponents thus ensuring minimal victories, and the opposite for leichhardt, more bottom half opponents, more wins....thats quite a moral victory there for the park that houses the Skando Stand & Hodgo Hill
Woohooo :wahoo: :wahoo:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 30 May, 2010 8:45 pm

:lol: A new low....next peeps will be suggesting it's the colour of the jersey's....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 8:59 pm

its the colour of the undies the players wear.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:37 pm

Geo. wrote::lol: A new low....next peeps will be suggesting it's the colour of the jersey's....
Laugh all you like, its a FACT
Btw...the jerseys all have the same three colours in them, didnt you know?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote::lol: A new low....next peeps will be suggesting it's the colour of the jersey's....
Really where is the orange in the heritage jersey....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:54 pm

Bismark wrote:I don't know who suggested playing all our games at ANZ/SFS, but whoever you are, your a goose.

Have you ever been to Brookvale? or Kograh?

These are grounds where its uncomfortable to be an away fan. Where you concede 1-2 penalties just because the crowd is so behind it's team. I'm sure the players dread playing at these grounds in Sydney.

We have 2 grounds that do this. Obviously, I have a bias and will say Leichhardt does it moreso, but there have been instances in years gone by where Campbelltown has been packed to the brim and been an awesome venue for us (Cowboys and Sharks in '05, to me, are the best examples of this).

Why, WHY you wuld suggest we forgo this advantage for extra dollars at empty venues (I won't feel uncomfortable on Friday night, thats for sure) when we know traditional venues give a team a distinct advantage? Ridiculous.
I guess I'm the goose. You mention Brookie and Kogarah. Your right, I dont feel comfortable at those places,they're sh*tholes! Same as Shark Park but you didnt seem to mention that ground. I have this weird theory though, try and stick with me, that Manly and Saints are hard to beat at home because their bloody good footy teams.
The Cowboys used to be hard to beat at home but this year have lost the last 4 there. has something mysteriously happened to the ground or is the team not playing well?
Whats our recent success at Cambo? 3 wins out of the last 9 or something, hardly an imposing record and at times LO has had similar results.
Care to tell me the last time a team playing solely out of LO made the semis?
Would it be okay fro Sheens and Farah to blame LO or Cambo when we lose a game there? After all, if the ground can win us a game is makes sense that it also can be blamed for a loss.

I'd love to hear a response to any of those q's Bismark.

AS for those arguing LO v Cambo. Talk about fighting over Pauline Hanson or Kerri Ann Kennelly. Time to set your standards a tad higher dont you think.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:01 pm

westTAHger wrote:the topic thread says,the tigers turned up, but where were the fans.
this could be said of the players at times.
:lol: You got that right.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Really where is the orange in the heritage jersey....
See?
1 o'clock, shoulder/chest area