The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

alien

Re: The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Post by alien » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:02 pm

Geo. wrote::lol: A new low....next peeps will be suggesting it's the colour of the jersey's....
I have actually heard people blame the jersey that we wore on the day. :lol:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:41 pm

innsaneink wrote: Btw...the jerseys all have the same three colours in them, didnt you know?

See?
1 o'clock, shoulder/chest area
Oh .....off to gibb and beaman for me then ....the sponsors logo...

BTW in the orange 1 the white pinstripe armband doesn't count....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

coop

Post by coop » Mon 31 May, 2010 5:38 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Unfortunately, the people who live in the Inner West are a bit more civilised. Isnt burning down footy parks a thing for the Westies???
Yes, we need to burn down one every 30 or 40 years years or we get too toey for words.

Always fascinated me why anyone would choose to live in a one bedroom semi-detached hovel with hot and cold running rodents just because it is in the glorious "inner west" or as it is known out here "shirt-lifter central"..

Someone already said it, Leichhardt has one thing going for it, charm. In every other conceivable criteria it is well behind Campbelltown. Hell, it's well behind Brookvale, Endeavour and probably Belmore.

If the NRL decide to up the minimum standard for NRL grounds by anything at all, Leichhardt is history.

Having said that, I'm quite happy to split games with Leichhardt. You inner city types might go on a "let's pick all the carnations in Leichhardt" rampage if you don't get your one game every 4 months.... God forbid...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 31 May, 2010 8:38 am

coop wrote: Someone already said it, Leichhardt has one thing going for it, charm. In every other conceivable criteria it is well behind Campbelltown. Hell, it's well behind Brookvale, Endeavour and probably Belmore.

If the NRL decide to up the minimum standard for NRL grounds by anything at all, Leichhardt is history.
Exactly. Charm is a lovely thing, but it does not pay the bills. The game and its costs is starting to outgrow crowd sizes of 15,000. In 5-10 years time, we will need to be getting 20,000+ as a season average.

Good comments re the minimum standard for grounds. Where has that criteria gone? It was used in 1999 to rank teams and led to the mergers in the NRL. Why is Manly allowed to stand alone and play at Brookvale? Joke....

Mona Lolesi

Post by Mona Lolesi » Mon 31 May, 2010 9:44 am

You are never going to please everyone...it's impossible.

I did still manage to get there well before kick-off and I work in the city.
if you REALLY want to get there, you can get there.
In saying that a lot of my mates who accompany me to games didn't make it out there due to many of the reasons mentioned which is fine.

You would just expect more supporters from the local area who don't have to travel 1/10th of the distance a lot of others do.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 31 May, 2010 10:31 am

Very ordinary crowd, as usual there are plenty of excuses. In this case I think the main reason is that the game was moved to Campbelltown a month ago, if that, and it was very poorly advertised around town. This reason alone was going to see less people turn up.

In the end though, just scraping 10,000 is poor and I was hoping my Westie counterparts would make a bigger effort.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 31 May, 2010 11:12 am

Mona Lolesi wrote: I did still manage to get there well before kick-off and I work in the city.
if you REALLY want to get there, you can get there.
In saying that a lot of my mates who accompany me to games didn't make it out there due to many of the reasons mentioned which is fine.
2 weeks after one of the worst performances in recent years would have caused that.

Look, against the Roosters it looked to be almost capacity. They show no heart and lose, and then go on to lose 5 or so games, including a 50-10 belting by SOUTHS of all teams. Then they play there again and less than half the amount of supporters turn up.

It's not a huge mystery, we don't need Sherlock Holmes in here.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Wed 02 Jun, 2010 12:41 pm

coop wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Unfortunately, the people who live in the Inner West are a bit more civilised. Isnt burning down footy parks a thing for the Westies???
Yes, we need to burn down one every 30 or 40 years years or we get too toey for words.

Always fascinated me why anyone would choose to live in a one bedroom semi-detached hovel with hot and cold running rodents just because it is in the glorious "inner west" or as it is known out here "shirt-lifter central"..

Someone already said it, Leichhardt has one thing going for it, charm. In every other conceivable criteria it is well behind Campbelltown. Hell, it's well behind Brookvale, Endeavour and probably Belmore.

Having said that, I'm quite happy to split games with Leichhardt. You inner city types might go on a "let's pick all the carnations in Leichhardt" rampage if you don't get your one game every 4 months.... God forbid...

Because the capital appreciation that little one bedder attracts means they could sell their 'hovel' and buy a row of homes in Denham Court, or as we call it 'Flanellete Shirt Central'

'Behind' Brookvale or Toyota? That's just silly. On that basis, delicate little things like yourself wouldn't attend, for fear of having to queue. How many pees and beers do you need over 80 minutes? They have velvet dunny seats at Cambo?

Yeah, you could run that 'carnation rampage' theory past the locals at the Orange Grove next time you visit civilisation :D
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 02 Jun, 2010 12:49 pm

Congratulations to the drivelling idiots of this thread who had to make this all about Leichhardt V Campbelltown without a thought of discussing root causes etc.

Apologies to those that tried to be constructive but thread closed