Tim Sheens...

Tigerpete

Re: Tim Sheens...

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 3:35 pm

The turn around's been good to this point. It had to though. In my opinion the Souths loss was rock bottom. Fact is though i still think Sheens has got one more point to prove. He needs to steel this group for a real push after the bye. We can't fall back into old habits. Losing games is acceptable. It happens. But what's not is a repeat of past inconsistencies. Thats the challenge starting with the Raiders.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 3:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Oh watty...such a name dropper, dogs identity, big mal, someone else ive forgotten...impressive. :master:

FTR I still want him gone...results change nothing.

This thread is much like Sheens himself....very quiet when everythings peachey, you'd have
thought he'd mention the SO CALLED REAL fans that turned up last night

Hmmm...never thought you would consider yourself a so called Fan.....

Do you abuse Fitzhenry when your at games or write disgusting things about him on internet forums....

Do you want praise from Sheens for supporting the team with a passion for turning up every week?...What in 8 years he snapped at the fans twice....talk about holding a grudge.....

results change nothing.... really..would you rather our season was a rabble like the Scumdogs so more pressure is applied to Sheens to walk or get punted....

We both know Innk that wont happen now.....
They were very poor words from Sheens , I know who he's referring to....its a point in my opinion of me wanting him gone, among other things...to your three Q's, the answer is "No".

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 5:54 pm

Tim Sheens can only be praised if he takes us to the top. Until then, his last 4 years are unexcusable and he'll remain under pressure for the entire year as he should.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 6:06 pm

Good turn around after the drubbing but its still a long way to go.WE ran into a few teams at the right time.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 6:25 pm

king sirro wrote:Tim Sheens can only be praised if he takes us to the top. Until then, his last 4 years are unexcusable and he'll remain under pressure for the entire year as he should.
Totally agree. A couple of wins now mean nothing compared to 4 years with no finals.

If we win the comp this year then of course he can stay.

In saying that I do not want him gone to see him replaced with someone like Ricky Stuart.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 6:38 pm

You can only beat the team in front of you but the last three weeks the opposition has not been strong. Got home after the match last night and caught the second half of the other game, it was ten yards faster and lots more skill. But once again its all about a gradual build up to september and blistering form in june dosnt win you a comp

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 6:51 pm

supercoach wrote:You can only beat the team in front of you but the last three weeks the opposition has not been strong. Got home after the match last night and caught the second half of the other game, it was ten yards faster and lots more skill. But once again its all about a gradual build up to september and blistering form in june dosnt win you a comp

I have to admit i noticed a hude difference in the speed of the 2 games last night too. And they were only played a few km's away from each other so weather cant come into it. But in saying that, i believe we are a team that needs to just get to the finals and then we will be a force. Our intensity will be up there and when it is, everyone should be scared. The problem is, we never get to the finals.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 6:57 pm

Hmmmm..a lot seem to like living in the past....

2010 is what counts....so far so good....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:00 pm

king sirro wrote:
supercoach wrote:You can only beat the team in front of you but the last three weeks the opposition has not been strong. Got home after the match last night and caught the second half of the other game, it was ten yards faster and lots more skill. But once again its all about a gradual build up to september and blistering form in june dosnt win you a comp

I have to admit i noticed a hude difference in the speed of the 2 games last night too. And they were only played a few km's away from each other so weather cant come into it. But in saying that, i believe we are a team that needs to just get to the finals and then we will be a force. Our intensity will be up there and when it is, everyone should be scared. The problem is, we never get to the finals.
We will in 2010 Sirro.

And remember, the Tigers have a 100% record in Finals Football!!!
:wahoo:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:05 pm

I haven't got involved in the sack Sheens thing either way however i was getting a little peeved with his media responses - a bit blase for my liking - but over the last 3 weeks he has toughened up - Tigers aren't in the media 24/7 - his sublety in putting the boot in to Channell 9 and the NRL over Saints dream run with Friday night football is classic Sheens - maybe he needed the wake up call as much as the players did.

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 8:34 am

I agree the other game looked faster but geez ANZ looked like a real bog and very slow going. Parra stadium looked like it had not rained at all and looked a really good surface even after all the rain

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 9:47 am

Geo. wrote:Hmmmm..a lot seem to like living in the past....

2010 is what counts....so far so good....
whilst this is true we were also 7-5 at this point in 08 and 09...so it's hard to think we are doing fantastic

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 10:04 am

Pretty simple I thought.

A season can only be judged at it's conclusion properly.

By doing this you can reexamine everything that occured and have a proper post mortem/celebration.

Until that time there is still alot of football and alot of twists and turns ahead

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 11:22 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Oh watty...such a name dropper, dogs identity, big mal, someone else ive forgotten...impressive. :master:

FTR I still want him gone...results change nothing.

This thread is much like Sheens himself....very quiet when everythings peachey, you'd have
thought he'd mention the SO CALLED REAL fans that turned up last night
Its a tough call sometimes to add names or leave them out Ink, but I choose to add something from time to time to allow factual conversation, rather than speculation. To have a cheap shot at someone YOU DONT know, simply because you have a difference of opinion, is pretty laughable. I joined this Forum for stimulation of my love with the Tigers and I enjoy hearing different views about the Team and sometimes the Game. I try very hard not to 'bag' or 'trash' players and adminstrators of the Team, as I dont believe that this is what Fans do. There are already plenty of 'So Called Fans' on here, they are usually the Whingers and Unqualified Keyboard Experts. If you would like to have a factual conversation about Football, Id be more than happy to enter into dialogue with you. The only problem I can foresee is you ego...

FTR - The majority of my knowledge comes from years of being involved with certain people within the game on a personal or professional level. On the Sunshine Coast, we have a very close circle of League Identities living the 'good life' and as a sponsor and member of the Men of League up here, I'm forever sucking thier brains for info.

I'm somewhat lost as to why that should worry you???
Watto you make sense APART from that ridiculous avatar picture thingy you have. That ruins your credibility ...

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 11:45 am

I would like to know the G.F win stats of some of the other coaches. It seems to me that some of the other clubs haven't won a G.F in the past 10 years, and now we are starting to do quite well, whether it was the big loss against Souths that made everyone sit up and take notice we don't know, but it will be the run from this bye on which will define our season. I think Mr Sheens is doing a good job,(now)- and I would like him to stay, and perhaps we should stop giving him such a hard time. I think the coaches job would be the most difficult of all - maybe they need as much support from the fans as the team !

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 1:49 pm

I had to laugh at Sheens' interview on ABC radio after the game. He was struggling to remember the name of Ennis and Idris. Who???
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Post by 851 » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 2:00 pm

Sure we won 3 in a row,against very ordinary opposition,but we still have Sheens picking a winger on the bench for a 3 minute cameo,this surely must stop now we have Galloway coming back after the bye,not to mention Boz in a few weeks as well.
I will wait till next tuesday to decide if Sheens has learnt anything from 4 years of failure,I hope he has,if not then his time has come.
Go hard or go home

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 7:11 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:Dont get too carried away all you Sheens sycophants out there..!
A win's a win,& 3 in a row is to be applauded & has probaly ensured we sneak into the top 8 for the first time in 5 years...but weve beaten the 3 worst teams in the comp in a severely deleted Knights & Warriors,plus a very limited & somewhat unlucky Dogs.
The concern I have is we see the same mistakes repeated week in week out which never seem to get addressed ie Benji kicking for the sideline & out on the full putting huge pressure on the defence,missing goals from right in front,players simply hoping oppostion kicks go over deadball line ,Lui missing one on one tackles,one of the worst kicking games in the comp,Ryan not committed to put his body on the line to oppostion kicks,Ryan ambling back or running sideways..all of these (& many more)are surely addressable,& if not rectified will come back to haunt us against the better teams
Credit where its due though..its only taken 8 years,but our defence patterns & committment are finally up there with the better teams.Thanks for that Folksie,although youve probably sentenced us to another (hopefully final)season of the spinmeister Sheens!
8 years?? I thought we won a premiership in 2005. My maths is limited but that seems less than 8 years ago.
Whilst appreciated,we certainly didnt win the premiership based on our defence,thats for sure.
But this year has seen a significant improvement.
Now only if we can be honest with ourselves,admit we have problems,& address the other issues...

Are you serious? I know our attack was awesome but our defence toward the back end of the season and in the finals was amazing we just swarmed the attack of the other teams.