Thank you Wade...

innsaneink

Re: Thank you Wade...

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 2:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
851 wrote:Great game,why o why did Sheens take him off,this fascination with a back on the bench is stupid.
Fatigue
Hip injury?
Oh OK, I wasnt aware.

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 3:05 pm

simonthetiger wrote:He had a good game alright,but I couldnt believe he got chased down by Creagh.

Ouch!!
Creagh did chase well to get himself into a position to tackle wade, but watching it on tv you could see that wade actually pulls up and tries to go on the inside and wrong foot creagh.
If he had of just kept his course and backed himself he might have at least made a few more metres, if not gone on to score.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 3:10 pm

BeeJay wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:He had a good game alright,but I couldnt believe he got chased down by Creagh.

Ouch!!
Creagh did chase well to get himself into a position to tackle wade, but watching it on tv you could see that wade actually pulls up and tries to go on the inside and wrong foot creagh.
If he had of just kept his course and backed himself he might have at least made a few more metres, if not gone on to score.
There was no way in hell he was going to go on and score if he backed himself.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Novocastrian Tiger

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:12 pm

I always thought that Wade would be an asset to us, last night confirmed this. With a bit more sprint training, and a clear bill of health will result in Wade going all the way in these linebreaks. Keep em coming Champ.
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 8:36 am

He was not going to play all week due to a hip injury so he did play pretty well.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 9:48 am

I thought last week he looked like being a dud buy. After this week he looked like being a gun.

Lets see how he goes.

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:14 am

Good post.

Back in 07, 08, Wade was one of my favourite players to watch. Had the Tigers signed him then I would have been stoked - hearing it a few weeks back, not so much.

But he was one of our best on Friday night, promising signs given it's only his second game with us. I do think our style of play will suit him, even more so if we can get some offloads going. It's also great to have a genuine, ball-running fullback (even if we could have used a ball-playing one on Friday night...).

I do worry about what will happen if he kills it for us in the second half of this season only to be let go for Moltzen to come back next year. But that's a discussion for another day.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 4:15 pm

how good is it to have a fullback playing fullback!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 5:19 pm

tiger05 wrote:I thought last week he looked like being a dud buy. After this week he looked like being a gun.

Lets see how he goes.
Yeah you certainly did give it to him last week ( unfairly IMO ), He will be a great buy for us - he is a class player.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 6:43 pm

He has played really well in the two games he has played for us.

He's lost a bit of speed, but certainly not his attacking ability and reliability under the high balls. With him at the back, I don't stress as much as I did with Ryan or Fitzhenry there.

Without him on Friday night I think we would've found ourselves in a worser predicament than we already did.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 7:22 pm

One of two positives from Friday night, the other was Heighno.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 7:52 pm

good to see he can do for us what he did for the warriors.