The Grub

crouching_tiger

The Grub

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 8:04 pm

Does anyone think Gibbo and his green undies will get a start for Origin III after last night's performance?
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 12:04 am

Gibbs has been one of the Tigers best forwards this season but I'm not sure whether NSW will pick him even with a shortage of props at the moment. I think he'd handle himself out there but with the way NSW selectors think...I don't like his chances.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 3:33 am

Call me one-eyed, but I think his form has been as good as any prop in the NRL therefore, he should be selected for State of Origin. He wouldn't be intimidated and would take the Qld pack on in the middle of the ruck.

The Year of the Bryce.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 3:49 am

I rate Bryce very highly in the Tigers forward pack. He is the cornerstone for the likes of Ellis & Heighno to do their jobs. Bryce has been doing his job for the last 2 years week in, week out without too much praise because of some silly things he has in his game. At the end of the day, I wouldn't change him...

This is a very good question as we have been calling for Galloway to be in Origin for a while now, and I feel Bryce does a better job. The stats also clearly show Bryce is way ahead of Keith?

The answer is No. Bryce isn't suited to Origin and I'd be worried it could do some real damage to his confidence. Also, NSW have never chosen Domestic Props as it doesn't suit their metal or the type of Backrowers they choose. They always have Impact Props in rotation of 4, and is apart of the problem they currently face. In the past 3 years, they have had this glut of Backrowers, and have gone away from having a 4 Prop rotation to fit in more Backrowers.

Not every player is suited to Origin. Another good example is Jamie Soward...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 8:17 am

yeah u got it right watto i rate in that group weyman as a club prop he has no impact in a high intensity game like state of origin . They are just great club workers every club needs them but now origin games

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 9:41 am

Gibbs is a worker. I am not sure if that is what you want in Origin.

I think though that he would go alright there.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 2:23 pm

Gibbs isn't an "origin player" we need more forwards like Ben Creagh...

Danos

Post by Danos » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 3:40 pm

I rate Bryce. But I think Douglas, Snowden, Mannah, Mason and smokies like Aiden Tolman & Tim Grant are ahead of him in the pecking order for a blues jumper atm.

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 3:54 pm

No chance

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 4:19 pm

June 25, 2010

Payten, who described the situation as similar to the Tigers' premiership-winning late charge in 2005, said he was ''100 per cent'' confident Tigers hooker Robbie Farah would start tonight after sitting out training this week with a shin injury.

Up to 18 players featuring in tonight's crucial all-Sydney NRL games could be auditioning for Origin jerseys as NSW begin the ''year zero'' restart with the naming of the side for game three on Monday.

Having lost an unprecedented five straight series, the Blues hierarchy will look at wide-ranging changes in a bid to stem Queensland's dominance next year and beyond by selecting a team for the future.

Payten says he is highly unlikely to be considered but does expect teammates Farah, Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway, Chris Lawrence and Bryce Gibbs to be discussed by selectors.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 6:37 pm

Nup, as someone in this thread said, he's well down the pecking order
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 6:50 pm

Galloway is more likely to get a go.

Id like to see mannah there possibly even mason (hes been going good @ nQLD!).
tigers!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:15 pm

Gibbs has deffinately improved but I still think there is some room for improvement. More performances without penalties and more meters is what I'm looking for.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 7:23 am

If he played for St George,Bulldogs or manly he'd be a shoe-in.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 7:46 am

LARDS wrote:If he played for St George,Bulldogs or manly he'd be a shoe-in.
You can't say that apparently....

Gibbs is going great this year....2010-The Year of Bryce
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 9:53 am

Marshall_magic wrote:Gibbs isn't an "origin player" we need more forwards like Ben Creagh...
:lol: Yeah, it takes a real special talent to pick a fight with someone half your size and then cat it.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 3:13 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:Gibbs isn't an "origin player" we need more forwards like Ben Creagh...
:lol: Yeah, it takes a real special talent to pick a fight with someone half your size and then cat it.
It's even more special to be able to make 22m in an entire origin match as a starting back rower.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 3:36 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
It's even more special to be able to make 22m in an entire origin match as a starting back rower.
Don't forget MM, he's made about 60,000 odd decoy runs this year... Second rowers taking on the line is so 80's...
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...