All Hail ...."The Minister of Defence"

angeman

Re: All Hail ...."The Minister of Defence"

Post by angeman » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 6:16 pm

gibbs has really stood up this year. plays big minutes for a prop (came off after 34 on monday night?) and always cleans up in defence. even the penalties have gone away...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 6:41 pm

He seems to be running at holes with a little footwork,where as before he was just straight up the middle.

And of course the defense has been spot on.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 9:06 pm

I thought this thread would be about Folkes - maybe he has something to do with the way Gibbs is playing. Don't cringe for the give away penalty anymore - much more disciplined.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 9:11 pm

Aladinsane wrote:
Balmain Tiger wrote:and thats the trifecta for me.
big things from lawrence ( Tick)
big things from fulton ( Tick)
big things from gibbs ( Tick)
Yeah BT, I thought it was a great call When I first read your sig at the start of the year....let's hope they all stay injury free and keep powering along
thanks mate
:sign:

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 9:25 pm

We need Gibsy in the team.. He is the best actor , gives away an obvious penalty and then gets up and asks the ref "what did i do?' . No you really gotta love Gibsy , he is great when he doesnt do the silly things.Funny enough he has been in unique spots on the pitch recently and somehow is involved in miricale play like saying a try or pounching a loose ball.I did hear before he was made to do the extra work in training for every dumb penalty he cost the team.I think he might be sick of detention hence the improvement in his game..lol

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 11:03 pm

After reading a great piece in today's RLW about Bryce & Gibbs , it just makes me even more upset about losing this great clubman.
He was in great form the same time last season & if he didn't have a slow start this year due to not have a proper off season ( recovering from his knee surgery) Coach Sheens might not have let him go.
I bet Bryce will make Sheens rue his decision , as he will be a standout all the way to the Grand Final.

Hopefully Bryce will get another chance to hoist his best mate Liam on his shoulders again when they thank their fans for all their support.

Now if they both can have 2 wigs on hand , to help rewind their look of 2005 , that would be so funny.... Maybe they should say & dare to their teammates in Kiama , that if the team gets to the GF & win it , that they would do that!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 11:14 pm

Aladinsane wrote:After reading a great piece in today's RLW about Bryce & Gibbs , it just makes me even more upset about losing this great clubman.
He was in great form the same time last season & if he didn't have a slow start this year due to not have a proper off season ( recovering from his knee surgery) Coach Sheens might not have let him go.
I bet Bryce will make Sheens rue his decision , as he will be a standout all the way to the Grand Final.

Hopefully Bryce will get another chance to hoist his best mate Liam on his shoulders again when they thank their fans for all their support.

Now if they both can have 2 wigs on hand , to help rewind their look of 2005 , that would be so funny.... Maybe they should say & dare to their teammates in Kiama , that if the team gets to the GF & win it , that they would do that!!
Yeah but will Fulton sell his car again after the Grand Final like 2005 with all the players signature on it
No doubt his car has been upgraded since then

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 9:27 am

How serious are contracts these days?

Elford got out of his contract with Souths in 2006 and stayed at Wests. Could Bryce do the same?

Sorry, but it is just ridiculous the club is letting him leave.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 9:33 am

It is unfortunate.

But it is the reality of sports business.

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 9:59 am

Its interesting how sheens has left Gibbs in our team doing his thing due to his work ethic and attitudewhere Fifita is currently playing decidedly average in reggies.

The sharks must be wondering why they offered mega bucks for Fifita now.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 10:11 am

underdog wrote:Its interesting how sheens has left Gibbs in our team doing his thing due to his work ethic and attitudewhere Fifita is currently playing decidedly average in reggies.

Simple: Gibbs obviously has the desire to play well for the jersey whereas Fifita chased the bucks and is now resting on his laurels.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 1:06 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
underdog wrote:Its interesting how sheens has left Gibbs in our team doing his thing due to his work ethic and attitudewhere Fifita is currently playing decidedly average in reggies.

Simple: Gibbs obviously has the desire to play well for the jersey whereas Fifita chased the bucks and is now resting on his laurels.
Trouble is for the Sharkies they've bought him as a "Potential breakout star" at an "established star" Price.

I like the sharks (I have a soft spot for the underdog, obvously) But feel that this masterstroke move by sheens to keep him out of first grade coupled with his perceived bad attitude is going to higlight to Sharks officials what is wrong with their purchase.

Dare I say it - Daine Laurie anyone?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 4:50 pm

Funny- wasnt long ago certain people were calling for him to be sacked from the team immediately

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 5:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:Funny- wasnt long ago certain people were calling for him to be sacked from the team immediately
Hmmm, I think you're being a little black and white there Ink. I know "certain people" were calling for him to show some professionalism and concentrate on football instead.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 4:49 pm

No....it was ''sacked''

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 5:36 pm

Actually, it was stood down due to his comments about his contract situation...

Realistically though, he has play really well over the last month and contributed well in defence. I'm glad he has rolled his sleeves up and remained focused on ensuring the Tigers finish 2011 on a strong note.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 6:18 pm

Gibbs will be missed

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Thu 18 Aug, 2011 6:37 pm

Just watched a replay of the Pentith game & Gibbs had a fantastic start to the game.
Looks like it will be the Liam & Bryce Show until the big fella gets to carry his mate and his shoulders

Would love to see a banner at the Parramatra game this Sunday
All Hail Bryce ...The Minister of Defence

The loyal club man deserves to go out a winner