Well done Heighno

crouching_tiger

Well done Heighno

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:00 pm

Congratulations to Chris for playing his very first game this year by hitting the line with great momentum. Played well to get through the line and end up on his stomach on nearly all his runs bar a couple. The backslam on Heighno is all part and parcel of this changed technique.
Was also able to get good quick play the balls as a result along with some penalties.
Needs to keep working on it, then progress to working on an offload to add to this and he will be on his way to playing his best football ever!! Keep up the good work!!
I hope i never see his old technique ever again with the foot shuffle and turning his back into the line.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:28 pm

He's played plenty of good games this year by hitting the line hard in attack. Last night was hardly the start of it.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:29 pm

he stepped about 7 players to lol ,always got through the first attempt of a tackle
imo he is a top 3 lock in the game atm

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 2:33 pm

willow wrote:He's played plenty of good games this year by hitting the line hard in attack. Last night was hardly the start of it.
:lol:

Is that why Heighno has the number 1 statistic for lowest metre gains for hitups out of the entire NRL?
Burgess was right up there as well..

Have a closer look...
Only got put on his back a handful of times last night. Not like in the past in EVERY tackle..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 3:34 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
willow wrote:He's played plenty of good games this year by hitting the line hard in attack. Last night was hardly the start of it.
:lol:

Is that why Heighno has the number 1 statistic for lowest metre gains for hitups out of the entire NRL?
Burgess was right up there as well..

Have a closer look...
Only got put on his back a handful of times last night. Not like in the past in EVERY tackle..

Put on his back in every tackle up until last night hey CT...whatever you say champ. :lol:

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 3:40 pm

Perhaps Heighno should ask the oppostion to tackle him in a way so that he can land on his stomach instead of his back. This thread is a real nit picker if you ask me.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 3:46 pm

Chris wrote:Perhaps Heighno should ask the oppostion to tackle him in a way so that he can land on his stomach instead of his back. This thread is a real nit picker if you ask me.
Apart from the fact Heighno has been one of the Tigers best forwards this year regardless of how he has been tackled, yes, you are right mate.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 6:42 pm

Stupid thread. He's one of the few who have put in a strong effort every week this year. If his metre/run figure is low it's probably because he's the guy getting back when we are trying to run the ball out of the 20m.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 7:56 pm

CT is spot on. Chris is a real trier, but is one of the slowest and most ineffective back rowers in the game when running the ball. Doesn`t hurt anyone when defending either, how anyone thaught he should of made SOO has got me beat ?

GeorgeQ

Post by GeorgeQ » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:17 pm

Believe it or not, I actually agree with the message - not necessarily the sarcastic manner in which it was delivered - and have thought for some time that Heighno gets dominated too often in attack, mainly because he is stationary - with his feet shuffling - when he gets tackled. Last night was a big improvement (and the shuffle seemed to have disappeared) but he has to do that consistently.

Having said all that, I would never question Heighno's work ethic, defense or effort he puts in every week. He is one of our top performers every week, I am glad he is a Tiger and would not swap him for anyone - because he personifies being a Tiger.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 8:52 pm

Vicious wrote:CT is spot on. Chris is a real trier, but is one of the slowest and most ineffective back rowers in the game when running the ball. Doesn`t hurt anyone when defending either, how anyone thaught he should of made SOO has got me beat ?
He's broken more tackles than any other Wests Tiger forward this season and averages more metres per match than all the other WT forwards...Can't be that ineffective.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 08 Aug, 2010 10:20 pm

willow wrote:
Vicious wrote:CT is spot on. Chris is a real trier, but is one of the slowest and most ineffective back rowers in the game when running the ball. Doesn`t hurt anyone when defending either, how anyone thaught he should of made SOO has got me beat ?
He's broken more tackles than any other Wests Tiger forward this season and averages more metres per match than all the other WT forwards...Can't be that ineffective.
Stats don`t always tell the true story. He plays 80mins every game so therefore should lead many stats. That may be the problem, play him for 60mins each game and we may get more quality in what he does ?

willow

Post by willow » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 9:55 am

Vicious wrote:
willow wrote:
Stats don`t always tell the true story. He plays 80mins every game so therefore should lead many stats. That may be the problem, play him for 60mins each game and we may get more quality in what he does ?
He has been given a breather in the second half over the last couple of games.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 11:40 am

Exactly my sentiments Vicious. This thread is about how Heighno has made slight adjustments and improvements to his technique and the difference really showed the other night for the first time this year. All i have suggested is that he continues on the upward journey to be the best footballer he can be, because i don't have any doubts he can reach that level and get his representative accolades.
But it is clear here those who are making it pretty obvious to react defensively are just being shown to be made like the blind one eyed fools that they are, and are gluttons for inbuilt "mediocrity" that has been instilled at the club.
2008 was the real season which defined Chris for the player that he was and what he could aspire to. 2009 he showed great ticker to play most of the season as the walking wounded. I had always hoped 2010 or 2011 would be his greatest years. Missing out on Origin this year for him was what i had hoped would really inspire him to up the ante.
Heighno getting that break out of his 80mins is a great start and i've been calling for this for years.
He is nowhere near the top of his game IMO and has the potential to double his stature onfield and really make his presence felt to the opposition.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 09 Aug, 2010 4:37 pm

Heighno's footwork impressed me last night. His timing was way off last year, but he's in the zone this year and playing very good football. I loved how he went for the big shot on Lowe after Lowe took out Benji late with a dog hit.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS