Beau Ryan

spaceman

Re: Beau Ryan

Post by spaceman » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:20 pm

The bloke really worries me.....there are plenty of Steve Mavins in him....sort of player who could cost us a finals match....but who is his replacement?

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:29 pm

i think browny is a much stronger centre then ashford but with mckinnon out he is our best option at fullback

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:35 pm

I thought Ayshford was quite dangerous today and the defence really had to work hard to stop him. Beau made a few mistakes but on the whole played quite good, people are being too harsh on the two of them.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 7:37 pm

Oh come on guys. Do we need to find a player to bag out? Beau has had 1 bad game and I don't think he was that terrible today!

Beau should always make the team on his passion alone. He bleeds black and gold.

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:07 pm

Totally agree with Hammertime

it seems that ever since this guy got a TV spot people have been looking to bag him. You don't like his humour? I don't blame you. But it's no reason to drop him. He's had one memorably bad game all season and deserves his spot. If Brown or Dani came in and made a shocker like Beau would you be then asking to axe them?

the team is going well, what's with all the hate?
One of my sources is Pascoe

gazatee

Post by gazatee » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:16 pm

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Beau Ryan
by Granto87 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:26 pm

What was he doing so close to the posts when he knocked on??
He actually moved to fullback, Brown went to wing

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:20 pm

I wouldn't be dropping Ryan based on today or last week, he was solid without being flash or brilliant. I wish he was a couple of yards quicker, for someone of his build I'm surprised he's not quicker actually, but like Ayshford he's deceptively strong and is generally hard to put on the ground, his very first run proved that when he beat 3 or 4 in traffic.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:29 pm

Would pick Brown over him when McKinnon is back at fullback

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:33 pm

willow wrote:I wouldn't be dropping Ryan based on today or last week, he was solid without being flash or brilliant. I wish he was a couple of yards quicker, for someone of his build I'm surprised he's not quicker actually, but like Ayshford he's deceptively strong and is generally hard to put on the ground, his very first run proved that when he beat 3 or 4 in traffic.
Reckon he's anything but "solid" ....he just tries too hard to be spectacular & he aint.
He actually bombed a certain try by not having a go at the line
Dainella surely is a better option if he can handle a high ball

river rat

Post by river rat » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:24 pm

looks like beau is starting to become the fitzy on here

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 8:21 am

2 meat pies, 10 tackle busts and still getting bagged, His two errors were a knockon when he probably should have fallen on it, and dont listen to Gus, Brown was on the wing at the time so he was in position and trying to save a Benji pass headed into Row 1 he went into touch. As for the try he 'bombed' when he ran infield, it was on the 4th he was going to be pushed over so he cut in and played the percentages, nice play.

You guys should watch the game yourselves and stop listening to the media report on this bloke. They all made mistakes yesterday, Robbie a shocker early on, Lawrence/Tukiri bombed two or three, Fulton a dumbdumbdumb penalty but they also outclassed a desperate Parra, lets have a week with no sack Sheens or players thread and get on the bus cos its happening!!!!!!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 8:48 am

scarcev wrote:2 meat pies, 10 tackle busts and still getting bagged, His two errors were a knockon when he probably should have fallen on it, and dont listen to Gus, Brown was on the wing at the time so he was in position and trying to save a Benji pass headed into Row 1 he went into touch. As for the try he 'bombed' when he ran infield, it was on the 4th he was going to be pushed over so he cut in and played the percentages, nice play.

You guys should watch the game yourselves and stop listening to the media report on this bloke. They all made mistakes yesterday, Robbie a shocker early on, Lawrence/Tukiri bombed two or three, Fulton a dumbdumbdumb penalty but they also outclassed a desperate Parra, lets have a week with no sack Sheens or players thread and get on the bus cos its happening!!!!!!!
Well said. Without Fitzy to bag anymore it's obvious we need another player to squarely place all the blame for teams shortcomings.

Ryan and Ayshford were both very good yesterday. Ayshford had a better game than Lawrence IMO. That knock on from Ryan saved a certain try. The only greivance I have with Ryan is that he won't run straight.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:01 am

I like his enthusiasm for the game and side and he has been solid in all but 3 games and had a few great games in there as well.

It does not change my belief that Brown would be a better right wing option that Ryan as he is a stronger ball runner and is good under the high ball in his time at the back recently.

All of this depends on the fitness of McKinnon of course. It wouldn't suprise me to see Brown in Daniellas bench spot next week though. It would be nice to let him play another game with Balmain Ryde though as he needs one more game to qualify for finals football

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:22 am

I thought Ryan was quite poor yesterday. Too often he runs from dummy half for little or no gain when a better option would be to let a forward cart it up. The sad reality is that Beau would be in the bottom 3 wingers in the comp.

I wouldnt drop him on that performance though.

I will give him credit for scopring those two tries. They werent tough but Fitzy wouldnt have scored either of the,/

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:37 am

I believe Brown is a better alternative than Ryan, but the flack Beau is copping is unjustified while he is playing solidly.

Brown should not miss out on finals football.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 1:04 pm

Nothin like having supporters to help build confidence in our players....Phff!

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 4:43 pm

What a disgrace some of our so called supporters are. We win a game no one outside Tigertown thought we could, no one in the press or the bookies gave us a chance and we are not happy unless we bag one of the players.

So a player, whose job is to score tries...scores 2 and still gets bagged.

Give the guy a break and let him play. The whole team did us proud and will do until we lift the trophy or we get knocked earlier....win or lose they will play their hearts out.

:sign:

blades1964

Post by blades1964 » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:28 pm

I am more concerned about Beau's hands. Even when he was warming up before kickoff, he fumbled the ball during the drills