THE scrum with 28 sec's left

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: THE scrum with 28 sec's left

Post by clokan » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 4:54 pm

Got to feel sorry for the warriors, they are now out because of that scrum. So could we be if Manly cause the upset. Nevertheless a tough game for for the Tigers here in Canberra next week, suppose I should look at the positives. I get to go and see them play, and when we make the GF it may be against the cocks, and we WILL smash em.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 5:01 pm

can someone tell me why a scrum was placed in the first place?

Dwyer smashed the guy picked the ball up and then got tackled. Wouldnt that be 0 tackle. Or did he knock it on himself?

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 5:03 pm

did Dwyer make ten metres?

If not, no advantage from roosters knock on = scrum
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 5:17 pm

senexx wrote:did Dwyer make ten metres?

If not, no advantage from roosters knock on = scrum
Ummm Dwyer didn't knock it on he doesn't have to make 10m...

The advantage rule only applies in the case of double knock on..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 7:48 pm

yeah he picked it up clean, shouldn't have been a scrum to begin with...

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:40 pm

They were worried the tackle may have been high so were no doubt giving the video ref a chance to have a look at it.

My question is why was Farah feeding the scrum? Lui is the halfback and feeds every other scrum. If Robbie isn't at hooker he is at lock. Heighington is than at hooker. Why was that changed?

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:58 pm

1) it should not have been a scrub coz dwyer picked it up cleanly. the refs can stop the clock to have a look but if its not a penalty, then the game resumes with a play the ball.
2) the roosters prop was right in the middle of the tigers scrum screwing it anti-clockwise before the ball was fed.
3) farah should have fed it to his side and got the ball back instead of trying to feed it out the back.

i did not realise how bad the scrum was until i saw a few replays of it on the footyshow and the sunday roast today. the hayne buckled under pressure and let it go. he should have ordered the teams to repack the scrum if he did not want to penalise them.

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:38 pm

I think, no i am almost certain that Nuuasala comes from HOOKER - he packed down at HOOKER!

Now tell me how a HOOKER gets through the middle of the scrum and dives on the ball without it not being a:

a) penalty for going through the scrum
b) Re-pack scrum as the scrum fell apart
or
c) should have been play on when Dwyer picks up the ball because it was a clean pick-up.

He cam from HOOKER - HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BE ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:47 pm

Tigerdave wrote:yeah he picked it up clean, shouldn't have been a scrum to begin with...
100% correct, should have been play on. The scrum was the worst I have seen.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:02 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
lathami wrote:why was it time off when they dropped the ball, they did not pack the scrum, no **** time off reff [automatically edited], and to think i was glad we did not have archer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****
Think it was because they were looking at the video to see if there was any way they could give the chooks a penalty because of Dwyers great hit.

Any scrum against the feed in normal games gets re-set. I haven't seen it on reply but live it looked like farah fed the scrum and Heingtion didn't pick up the ball. I would have had lui feed the scrum and farah pick up the ball

Looked at several replays, Dwyer didn't knock on, but can understand why refs would want to have a video judgment made on the tackle. It's just typical of their unwillingness to take on any responsibility

There are a number of 'rules' that do apply to Rugby League 'scrums'. The refs tend to ignore every one of them in the interests of getting on with the game. There were however two 'rules' that were breached that I could see, either necessitating a re-feed 1) Scrums - Ball in Play 9. To be in play, the ball must emerge from the scrum after first emerging from between and behind the inner feet of the second row forwards.If the ball does not emerge correctly, and the fault cannot be attributed to any one team, then it should be put into the scrum once again.Where formed 2) Within Rule 2 - All forwards must pack with their bodies and legs at right angles to the tunnel and the upper parts of their bodies horizontal.

Clearly the ball popped emerged from behind a prop's feet (Fifita?) and neither Easts 14 or Anasta were within cooee of packing properly.

The refs have to wear some criticism. Given the balance of the game and the fact that a scrum is not and has not been a contest for years, it should have been re-set, Easts told not to push and the instruction that it should come out for the Tigers. Simple, that's been the practice since real scrums were dispensed with. But then again you are dealing with officials that at timese reactionary, but most of the time scared of their own shadows thanks to the media

alien

Post by alien » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 6:46 am

Torbizlo wrote: 2) the roosters prop was right in the middle of the tigers scrum screwing it anti-clockwise before the ball was fed.
exactly! the roosters right prop was way too forward into the scrum before the ball was even put in. we were robbed

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:34 am

Isnt it unbeleivable.....Heighington falls on that ball and what a differance it makes

We get a week off
The chooks are eliminated
The warriors are still alive
with the week of it would have given the boys a well earned rest and given Benji, Garreth and Liam that extra wek to get right....but now we have to hobble down to canberra wounded and both mentally and physically stuffed to face a Raiders side at their peak....a game I just cant see us winning...only heighno knows why he did what he did but it most likely cost us our season.....tragic

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:37 am

can't just blame him for that, the refs have a bit more to answer I feel....shouldn't have been a scrum to begin with and then we should have either received a penalty for the scrum or the scrum should have restarted.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:37 am

If Benji doesn't throw the right at Mitchell Pearce the Tigers win by 7 points. It's all hypothetical now, and dwelling on it won't make things any better. The Tigers know they had their opportunities and didn't take them.

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:46 pm

I just watched that scrum again and I want Shayne Haine to explain why he allowed it. He's absolutely kidding boardering on cheating.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 1:17 pm

tw33k wrote:I just watched that scrum again and I want Shayne Haine to explain why he allowed it. He's absolutely kidding boardering on cheating.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He crucified the Tigers against the Eels a few weeks ago too.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 2:41 pm

geeze, just look at number 14 for the Roosters....he's into our 2nd row!

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 4:58 pm

I know its old news now but I just heard Billy harrigon (on talkin sport) explain why they called the scrum.
Apparently Suntan man called dominant tackle in the millisecond from the time of the hit to when jwh dropped the ball.
Therefore he had to call a scrum.
He agreed that the scrum was a joke but said they all were a joke the whole game.
Geez they come up with some good excuses.

We'll beat canberra anyway so I don't care now.