Ellis NOT CHARGED

Bazzinator

Ellis NOT CHARGED

Post by Bazzinator » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 2:54 pm

Great news that Gareth was not charged for his high tackle so thats great news and neither was dwyer

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 2:56 pm

YAY!!!!!!!

I'M SOOO FRIGGIN HAPPY!!

soz for the caps!! but I'm really happy and Benji said he is pretty confident he will play on friday
ellis is confident he will play as well and now that he wont get suspended and neither will dwyer!! that's full team on the deck right there.

BTW whats your source? :s
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 2:58 pm

I found this:

Two Panthers Charged; No Charge for Ellis
Print
- Font
+ Font
RSS
NRL Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:35:00
Two Panthers players are among five charged by the NRL Match Review Committee today from the weekend's Telstra Premiership Qualifying Finals, while Tigers' Gareth Ellis, who was placed on report during his side's dramatic loss to the Roosters, avoided a charge.

Penrith's Tim Grant was charged with a Grade 1 careless high tackle but will not miss a game; while team-mate Iosefa Masada was charged with Grade 1 dangerous contact for unnecesary arm/ shoulder pressure and will escape suspension with an early plea.

The warriors' Brett Seymour faces a 1-2 week ban for a Grade 2 striking charge in the Titans clash; and the Eagles' Matt Ballin and Anthony Watmough will both avoid suspension if they take the early plea on Grade 1 dangerous contact charges in their 28-0 drubbing from the Dragons.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 3:02 pm

Awesome news. No word on whether Dwyer was cited?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 5:23 pm

Here is something to cheer you up even more:

Reviewers clear Tigers duo
Print
- Font
+ Font
RSS
AAP Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:11:50
Gareth Ellis and Simon Dwyer are free to play in Friday night's semi-final against Canberra after the NRL match review committee concluded the Wests Tigers duo had no cases to answer for.

Ellis and Dwyer were both in danger of attracting high tackle charges following the Tigers' 19-15 loss to the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night.

English international Ellis was put on report for a high tackle on Rosters playmaker Todd Carney, while Dwyer caught Jared Waerea-Hargreaves on the chin with a monumental hit which preceded Braith Anasta's frantic last-second field goal that sent the game into extra time.

Five players were charged following the weekend's opening round of finals, but they will have no effect on this week's semi-finals.

Penrith duo Masada Iosefa and Tim Grant will both be available to take on the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night provided they take the early plea on dangerous contact and high tackle charges respectively.

The same situation applies to Manly pair Matt Ballin and Anthony Watmough, who were both charged as the Sea Eagles bowed out from the finals with a 28-0 loss to St George Illawarra on Sunday.

Ballin copped a grade one dangerous contact charge for his late hit on Dragons kicker Jamie Soward, while Watmough was picked up for an unnecessary use of the knee in a late flop on Ben Hornby.

Warriors halfback Brett Seymour will miss the club's opening trial game of 2011 if he pleads guilty to a striking charge, but risks a two-game ban if he unsuccessfully challenges it.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal