Rhino getting booed when he came off?

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
Yossarian

Rhino getting booed when he came off?

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:32 am

I was watching the replay again last night. It sounded like Heighington was still getting booed when he was leaving the field. Can anyone at the game confirm this? Fair enough at the time if you think someone is faking it but it was fairly obvious Rhino was a sick and sorry boy coming off - he could barely walk!

Just had a look at the Raiders forum and they're whinging about the quality of Tigers fans but rarely have I seen an injured player get booed off at a Tigers game.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:42 am

Booing him deluxe and some Raiders fans are still accusing him of faking

wadeburger

Post by wadeburger » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:43 am

we got booed about everything!!!
Tigers for Life

redemption

Post by redemption » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:44 am

Parra supporters did it to Taniela!!!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:44 am

Well that's just a disgrace. If he was acting he's wasting his time playing NRL - he should be over in Hollywood.

Archangel

Post by Archangel » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:47 am

Yep you are correct. Watched it last night too. He got booed off when walking down the tunnel AND was booed again when he was about take the field after the knock. It was precisely when the announcer called his name.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:52 am

Well it's something I'd never do. It has probably happened since but the times I can recall Tigers (in at least one case Balmain) fans giving someone a serve going off injured was Wally Lewis going off with a hammy in the late 80s and someone Parra forward (Peter someone?) getting booed because he had a habit of diving at our players knees and had injured a couple of our players the previous game. Have no idea when that was now!!

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:19 pm

Have to put my hand up once for booing Steve Matai. Not proud of myself - turned out he'd broken his leg or something.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:22 pm

I boood Carney...2 weeks ago....I feel shame... :cry:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

lathami

Post by lathami » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:43 pm

Geo. wrote:I boood Carney...2 weeks ago....I feel shame... :cry:
Dont i did too, he is a dog and deserved it, as soon as the penalty was awarded he jumped back to life!!

I was at the game and yes they did boooo him all the way off, and i was giving them all stick 4 it!!!!!!
Funny that i was sitiing with tiger fans and when campo did his knee, we all clapped him off in respect...

Overall the raiders fans i found were good sports about it and could have a laugh about it, damb better than roosters, dragons, eagles, and dogs fans!!!!

But the booooing of heino was a joke!?!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:46 pm

lathami wrote:
Geo. wrote:I boood Carney...2 weeks ago....I feel shame... :cry:
Dont i did too, he is a dog and deserved it, as soon as the penalty was awarded he jumped back to life!!

I was at the game and yes they did boooo him all the way off, and i was giving them all stick 4 it!!!!!!
Funny that i was sitiing with tiger fans and when campo did his knee, we all clapped him off in respect...

Overall the raiders fans i found were good sports about it and could have a laugh about it, damb better than roosters, dragons, eagles, and dogs fans!!!!

But the booooing of heino was a joke!?!
There's a difference between booing someone you think has taken a dive (e.g. Carney) and then getting back up again and booing someone being helped from the field...

fainty

Post by fainty » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 3:27 pm

did you also see Campese carrying on when Heigno was on the ground! I dont know what he said but you could hear him either saying "girl" or "cat". This is why I hate Campese, he has a bad attitude! Watch him get up his team mates when things arent going well. He needs to get this out of his game quickly!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 3:36 pm

fainty wrote:did you also see Campese carrying on when Heigno was on the ground! I dont know what he said but you could hear him either saying "girl" or "cat". This is why I hate Campese, he has a bad attitude! Watch him get up his team mates when things arent going well. He needs to get this out of his game quickly!

Oh well, he has 12 months to think about it !!!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 4:06 pm

yeah he was getting booed thought it was a bit off really