Woods = Machine

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
supercoach

Re: Woods = Machine

Post by supercoach » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:57 pm

Fifita is good Woods is better, but as a team they are fantastic. What a luxury, we have a old fashion hard nut in a 19 year old body playing with a left field front rower in a 21 year old body. Throw in Gibbs,Galloway and Todd Payten and my God your got grunt and skill up front

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:25 am

supercoach wrote:Fifita is good Woods is better, but as a team they are fantastic. What a luxury, we have a old fashion hard nut in a 19 year old body playing with a left field front rower in a 21 year old body. Throw in Gibbs,Galloway and Todd Payten and my God your got grunt and skill up front
We still have Ben Murdock to return as well.

fainty

Post by fainty » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:26 am

Seeing these young guys coming through, and the talent they have at a young age for a forward makes me not want us to go and sign Blair or Graham, or any other forward on the market. Invest it in these boys! I've also got woods in my dreamteam!!! :)

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:57 am

thought his first 2 games were ok but last night was a real standout for a young prop.
exciting when you see a young player show why they have such big wraps.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:46 am

he was very very good tonight.

fifita goes off, woods goes on. woods goes off, fifita comes on.

woooooohoooooo

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:56 am

fainty wrote:Seeing these young guys coming through, and the talent they have at a young age for a forward makes me not want us to go and sign Blair or Graham, or any other forward on the market. Invest it in these boys! I've also got woods in my dreamteam!!! :)
Yep. I'm wondering do we really need another forward. I think a goal kicking winger would be awesome however Utai has also been on fire.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:36 am

much better then his old man played.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 5:21 pm

tiger4ever wrote:much better then his old man played.
Woods old man? Who's that?

I've been amazed by Woods' work rate. From game one, he has looked at home in first grade, far more than Dwyer, for example. Very mobile for such a big fella.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 5:34 pm

Has the best leg drive of anyone in the club, to think he is only 19 is amazing. One of the best young props I've seen.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 6:30 pm

fainty wrote:Seeing these young guys coming through, and the talent they have at a young age for a forward makes me not want us to go and sign Blair or Graham, or any other forward on the market. Invest it in these boys! I've also got woods in my dreamteam!!! :)
Wests Tigers are really starting to make the most of the young talent in their juniors along with the import of other promising juniors. I have not heard any reference to the Tiger Cubs programme of late. Has this been scrapped? Do we have another scheme in place?

All of the young, very good forwards in our Club will mean we do not have to chase forwards for some years.

Aaron Woods was very, very good for a 19 year old prop last night.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 6:55 pm

Woods was great, hard to believe it was only his 3rd game, and he could still play 20's

everett

Post by everett » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:36 pm

lBig fan of Woods.

When everyone is fit our pack will look like this.

Galloway
Farah
Gibbs
Ellis
Payten
Heighington

Woods
Fifita
Fulton/Dwyer (both players can cover in the backline so no need for a back on the bench)
Murdoch-Marsila

Equal to any pack in the comp. Size, Skill, Experience and youth. Dwyer might struggle for a spot now Woods has performed so strongly once everyone is available.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 8:12 pm

Im a huuuge fan......but please could someone trail him when he runs.Every hit up he does he turns and looks to offload but lo and behold not a player in sight.

If I was Mckinnon id be following Woods every time he gets the ball.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 9:18 pm

everett wrote:lBig fan of Woods.

When everyone is fit our pack will look like this.

Galloway
Farah
Gibbs
Ellis
Payten
Heighington

Woods
Fifita
Fulton/Dwyer (both players can cover in the backline so no need for a back on the bench)
Murdoch-Marsila

Equal to any pack in the comp. Size, Skill, Experience and youth. Dwyer might struggle for a spot now Woods has performed so strongly once everyone is available.
That is a really good pack. If they play to their ability I can't see any other pack getting on top of them. It might be close some games because there are a lot of good forward packs out there - Souths, Canberra and the Dogs could all cause us problems. Our starting pack though should be pretty dominant and then to have that bench running on to replace them.

If we get some luck with injuries and get our top team out there & they get into form we gotta be able to give the comp a good go. The problem is we there is a lot of if's in there.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 9:19 pm

tiger4ever wrote:much better then his old man played.

WTF, if you're going to leave such a comment you 'should' provide more info.
Aaron is a genuine dead set rarity in the NRL, an actual Junior of his club, sorry I forgot that the only high profile player we bought this year is Matt Utai and all our talent are our Juniors.
So Sunshine, let us know about Aaron's Dad's playing career AND you might want to include yours as well!.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 29 Mar, 2011 8:37 am

Woodsy is the first in his family to play grade footy...He provides true old school grunt and is destined for greatness if he maintains a healthy career. WT need to throw the chequebook at him soon and lock this kid up for the future of the club.
A front rower like this can be the cornerstone of any successful team.
Go hard Unit.......SMAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHH 'EM!!
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:39 pm

Like a few others I've watched this guy for a few years now. I think if he keeps working hard and stays injury free, he'll play for Australia and be the best front rower the Wests Tigers have ever had.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 29 Mar, 2011 2:17 pm

He's got the goods. Really excited about his development this season.

Al Shirnack really impressed me also. I haven't had much of an opinion on him but he stood up against a big Raiders pack and I see why some of you guys are pretty keen on him.

Galloway ouplayed his representative opposition props imo.