ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
Yossarian

Re: We didn't go on with it.

Post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 1:05 pm

jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Mackinnon was mid air when he got bumped Yoss Nothing you can do about that Also people bagging MacKinnon for speed off the mark True its not great . But when chasing down Ferguson on the 90 metre try MacKinnon was making ground on Lawrence and Ferguson in the end
Fabulous, all he needs is 90 metres to hit speed.
He'll be sweet if he starts his kick returns from Mary Street...

barra

Post by barra » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 1:18 pm

I fully agree with Yoss - and until we are mentally tough enough to properly put teams to the sword we won't be in the same league of great teams.

This is not just a judgement of the last weekend but an observation over time.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 1:22 pm

Not taking too much away from it. There were mitigating circumstances due to the severity of Chris' injury so I don't believe we will see them fall apart like that again this year.

We were already home and hosed, yeah we let in a couple of cheap tries at the end, but when the backline had been reshuffled to give Moltzen time in the #1 and to create stop-gaps in the left hand side, a couple of consolation tries would have always been on the cards.

I firmly believe that if Lawrence stayed on the field, we would have been lucky to let in one of those three. Watching a teammate sustain a serious injury such as Lawrence would have hit them like a truck. You may call that ill mental preparation, but I think they will be better for it.

Don't think Sheens would have swapped Wade Mac and Moltzen if the game was on the line.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 1:46 pm

all things considered, we did enough to comfortably win.... im not concered we didnt win by 50....

it will be good to see how good we go the next few weeks.... see how good our depth really is...

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 6:38 pm

barra wrote:I fully agree with Yoss - and until we are mentally tough enough to properly put teams to the sword we won't be in the same league of great teams.

This is not just a judgement of the last weekend but an observation over time.

Spot on!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen