Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
Tigerpride

Re: Dwyer

Post by Tigerpride » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:45 pm

Was very good the other night, showed exactly what he's capable of doing. Needs to step up again this week, particuly with KG possibly out and Ellis still a little under done

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:15 am

NJLM78 wrote:Great to see him go straight past Wesser to score his first try. A very skillful player with plenty of speed.

I actually really wanted him to draw and pass with 2 in support, but can't be too critical cos he scored :righton:

An improved game from Simon. That is all you can ask from the young guys like him and Moltz.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:18 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Pretty tough school this forum. Words like "OK", "better" and "came good" to describe a terrific performance.
agree 100%

my personal favourite "if he plays like that every week I'll be satisfied"

if he plays like that every week he'll be in the hall of fame, 3 line breaks, 2 tries 35 tackles, No one can do that every week, and if they do, I'll be more than satisfied.

he has played 20 NRL games, still learning and we asking him to play 80 minutes, prob before he is ready, than he comes out and brains it, and people are saying he was ok, or a bit better than disgraceful or whatever that bloke said

forwards dont come into the NRL and dominate, it takes time, he has been developing nicely i reckon.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:26 pm

3 dropped balls that a better opposition may have put us to the sword because of, for me at least, makes his performance average. He ran some very good lines and made some tough tackles but also made some poor reads and poor errors.

I wondered how on earth he was named MOM and than I remembered that of the four voters in the 9 box only one has a real clue.

Cannot wait until he can go back to learning his trade from the bench and earn all of the praise he will receivein his hopefully long and distinguished NRL career with WT

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:27 pm

smeghead wrote:3 dropped balls that a better opposition may have put us to the sword because of, for me at least, makes his performance average. He ran some very good lines and made some tough tackles but also made some poor reads and poor errors.

I wondered how on earth he was named MOM and than I remembered that of the four voters in the 9 box only one has a real clue.

Cannot wait until he can go back to learning his trade from the bench and earn all of the praise he will receivein his hopefully long and distinguished NRL career with WT
:master:

Thank God Smeg... I thought I was alone...
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:43 pm

smeghead wrote:3 dropped balls that a better opposition may have put us to the sword because of, for me at least, makes his performance average. He ran some very good lines and made some tough tackles but also made some poor reads and poor errors.

he needs work on his ball handling no doubt...

however! 3 line breaks, 2 tries and 35 tackles, many very strong far outweighs any of that. Scoring plays are the big ones, he came up with alot of them......

I watched the games with 7 blokes all of which are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to footy, and he was a 5-1-1 choice for MOM

on another night he handling may have been a bigger issue, on friday it wasn't, his game had the biggest influence on who won the game.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:51 pm

I would say Marshall, Farah had a bigger impact on the team winning. Their kicking game and ball playing set up our side

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Three dropped balls. Geez Smeg with Dwyer you are as bad as Kul re Moltzen. Only of those was a genuine unforced error. The other two were hospitals.

Marshall usually makes at least 3 or 4 mistakes per game. Does that mean he is "average"?

Your dislike of Dwyer is well-known and quite bizarre.

The kid can play and Sheens has decided, for good or bad, that his development is best suited to game time in first grade. Get used to it.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:01 pm

smeghead wrote:I would say Marshall, Farah had a bigger impact on the team winning. Their kicking game and ball playing set up our side
agree they also played a big role, and were very important, and I'd fairly satisfied if they played like that every week.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:30 pm

southerntiger wrote:
smeghead wrote:Cannot wait until he can go back to learning his trade from the bench and earn all of the praise he will receivein his hopefully long and distinguished NRL career with WT
The kid can play and Sheens has decided, for good or bad, that his development is best suited to game time in first grade. Get used to it.
Last time I checked the bench was in First Grade so I would argue that I have accepted that.

On my dislike of Dwyer. I feel he has potential and is improving. Too many dumb mistakes and early on his involvement was poor. On the second part at least he has improved alot. My questioning of his decision making and if it is up to NRL standard goes back to the NYC grand final where he selfishly went for the double movement try and gave the Storm the chance to win. But overall he is improving

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:35 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Three dropped balls. Geez Smeg with Dwyer you are as bad as Kul re Moltzen. Only of those was a genuine unforced error. The other two were hospitals.

Marshall usually makes at least 3 or 4 mistakes per game. Does that mean he is "average"?

If you are trying to compare Benji and Dwyer . How many times does Benji handle ball compared to Dwyer .Secondly Benji has been in grade for 7 seasons Dwyer approximately one and has been voted World's best player .

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:40 pm

He is young, Im happy with his efforts and that of Fafita and Woods.

Id rather them on my side that against me.
UTT - Up The Tigers

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

If you are trying to compare Benji and Dwyer . How many times does Benji handle ball compared to Dwyer .Secondly Benji has been in grade for 7 seasons Dwyer approximately one and has been voted World's best player .
No I am not. I am simply saying footballers make mistakes, particular backrowers who run onto the ball at pace, but ultimately a few mistakes will be overlooked if the performance is otherwise dominant (as with Benji). Dwyer killed the bunnies every time he had the ball on Friday night and defended his ring off. It was a great performance for a young player. No need to emphasise the 1 or 2 handling errors he made.

I would rather more of our players took balls at pace (with the risk of a couple more errors) rather than the standing starts often associated with Galloway and Fifita.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:52 pm

southerntiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

No I am not. I am simply saying footballers make mistakes, particular backrowers who run onto the ball at pace, but ultimately a few mistakes will be overlooked if the performance is otherwise dominant (as with Benji). Dwyer killed the bunnies every time he had the ball on Friday night and defended his ring off. It was a great performance for a young player. No need to emphasise the 1 or 2 handling errors he made.

I would rather more of our players took balls at pace (with the risk of a couple more errors) rather than the standing starts often associated with Galloway and Fifita.
Agree with you there ST our forwards are forever turning their backs to defensive line trying to get second phase . Dwyer was pretty good and hope to see back to back consistancy in his performances for the rest of season

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 6:33 pm

theres big wraps on this gut i remember sterlo calling him the next brad clyde.Big call i know and a lot of work to be done but this guy has the goods.

you know who

Post by you know who » Thu 14 Apr, 2011 4:41 pm

He looks the goods but i think you will find that Tim Sheens called him the next bradley clyde. In regards tot he man of the match i thought thatBenji should have got it as he was the one who was putting him through the holes, i know that Simon Dwyers was running the correct lines and running at the correct moment but i think that mon of the match should have gone to benji.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 14 Apr, 2011 7:31 pm

you know who wrote:He looks the goods but i think you will find that Tim Sheens called him the next bradley clyde. In regards tot he man of the match i thought thatBenji should have got it as he was the one who was putting him through the holes, i know that Simon Dwyers was running the correct lines and running at the correct moment but i think that mon of the match should have gone to benji.
That same man called Johnny Morris the next Cooper Cronk . :lol:
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.