Moltzen haters

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
Demps

Re: Moltzen haters

Post by Demps » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 8:21 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Moltzen haters :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy has done nothing... If you think he has played well, your living in the past... He doesn't deserve the respect some have given Farah or Marshall.

He was struggling for form in the first 5 weeks in 2010 & he is struggling for form now. Luckily, he has a good reason... Most on here think he is better or more advanced than he is. He is a very talented player, who has shown us 2 years ago how good and dangerous he can be... Like all young kids, some come busting on the scene, and some take there time to adjust.

Moltzen will progress into a quality NRL footballer, it might just take longer than some want. As to whether he should be 7, 4, 1 or 209, he will have to work his way back into NRL football before his true value or position will be known. At the moment, he isnt a liability out there, so give the kid time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Moltzen haters (don't u mean people who don't agree with u?)
Watto spitting the truth.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 8:38 am

What a joke of a discussion. Clearly most of you have had knee reconstructions and returned to first grade immediately playing the house down.

He is feeling his way back into the team and you won't see his best football till the second half of the season. Friday was his first full 80 minutes in 12 months. He played a solid game and provided good linkage work to the outside backs. The running game will return in time.

Do any of you remember how long it took Benji to get his timing/form back after the shoulder reconstructions?

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:34 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Chased hard, threw a good pass, and defended OK, missed a couple of tackles but thats what halfbacks do.

Too quiet IMO. Didn't look very energetic TBH and just wanted to give it to the nearest runner instead of doing something more. Average game from him, knowing he can do a lot more.

Miller took the line on probably more times in 15 minutes than Moltzen did in 80 minutes. Hopefully his confidence level gets up more and he takes on the line more now.
he missed zero tackles and had zero ineffective..... this poor defender stuff is a myth. In 2 games at half he missed 1 tackle and had no ineffective tackles. A tackle effiency of about 97% or something..... what does he have to do to lose this moniker of a poor defender.

Last week everyone said he runs too much, today the reverse

I reckon he has strung together 2 pretty good games without killing it.

I thought when lui was half for the first 3 he had one poor game, one ok game and one good game.....there aint much between the 2

and the ball for the try was a very good pass from moltzen despite what people are saying it was good footy.

I dont get the anti Moltzen sentiment,

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:39 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^goose's post is far more accurate
Tiger Watto wrote:Moltzen haters :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy has done nothing... If you think he has played well, your living in the past... He doesn't deserve the respect some have given Farah or Marshall.

He was struggling for form in the first 5 weeks in 2010 & he is struggling for form now. Luckily, he has a good reason... Most on here think he is better or more advanced than he is. He is a very talented player, who has shown us 2 years ago how good and dangerous he can be... Like all young kids, some come busting on the scene, and some take there time to adjust.

Moltzen will progress into a quality NRL footballer, it might just take longer than some want. As to whether he should be 7, 4, 1 or 209, he will have to work his way back into NRL football before his true value or position will be known. At the moment, he isnt a liability out there, so give the kid time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Moltzen haters (don't u mean people who don't agree with u?)
Wow someone who comes back from a full knee reconstruction....played a handful of minutes in his first 3 games and then is expected to dominate Farah and Marshall from the get go or he's what....struggling for form.....

give up.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 4:51 pm

Geo, no one, well at least myself or Watto, is saying he has to dominate. My point (I wont speak for Watto) is that "he did not dominate" and accordingly there is no reason for humble pie. Moltz still has to prove himself and I am confident he will, but perhaps not at half back.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 5:29 pm

Geo. wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^goose's post is far more accurate

Wow someone who comes back from a full knee reconstruction....played a handful of minutes in his first 3 games and then is expected to dominate Farah and Marshall from the get go or he's what....struggling for form.....

give up.....
goose comment had some foundation. Yours...well it's just dribble. I doubt you actually read my post before choosing to have a crack at it.... But that's your style.

No doubt you will give the guy a rap on RoarCast again this week, and probably put your foot in your mouth 2 min later...

Keep up the good work...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post by 851 » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 6:07 pm

willow wrote:He still has a long way to go, Sheens said as much in the post match press conference, said he didn't really notice Moltzen out there and he certainly isn't playing a halfbacks game. I won't be surprised if Miller gets a shot at halfback next week and Moltzen shifts to the centres - it's where he has been positioned a lot lately.
Miller deserves a shot,he has shown he is not scared,I say give him the keys and let him go,give Prince something to think about,Moltzen is still not ready yet,he should be on the bench.
Go hard or go home

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 12 Apr, 2011 7:19 am

851 wrote:
willow wrote:He still has a long way to go, Sheens said as much in the post match press conference, said he didn't really notice Moltzen out there and he certainly isn't playing a halfbacks game. I won't be surprised if Miller gets a shot at halfback next week and Moltzen shifts to the centres - it's where he has been positioned a lot lately.
Miller deserves a shot,he has shown he is not scared,I say give him the keys and let him go,give Prince something to think about,Moltzen is still not ready yet,he should be on the bench.
I'd love to see this.
Miller would eat his lunch.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 12 Apr, 2011 7:26 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^goose's post is far more accurate

give up.....
goose comment had some foundation. Yours...well it's just dribble. I doubt you actually read my post before choosing to have a crack at it.... But that's your style.

No doubt you will give the guy a rap on RoarCast again this week, and probably put your foot in your mouth 2 min later...

Keep up the good work...
Trouble in paradise lads? :D
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:26 am

My point is he has not done anything extraordinary yet, and I don't expect him to do it soon anyways. The thread title of "Moltzen haters" is what I'm against. Who in their right mind would hate Moltzen??
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 Apr, 2011 2:04 pm

seems 2 me that Moltzen fans r so protective of him that if u disagree that he should be the no 7 then ur automataclly deemed as a 'Moltzen hater'...Lui cops more crap then any1 but u never hear the term 'Lui hater'

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 13 Apr, 2011 2:36 pm

If you read this thread it should be renamed 'Lui lovers'- there is a lot of aggro aimed at Moltzen.
Personally I don't consider Lui in the same class - even less so as Moltzen becomes fitter.
Don't know how many times I have thrown my hands up in the air after Lui has cost us by dropping a sitter , throwing a stupid pass or missing a simple tackle by being out of position or just because he's a lousy tackler.
All the same I don't hate him - just don't rate him ahead of Moltzen.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Wed 13 Apr, 2011 2:47 pm

cktiger wrote:If you read this thread it should be renamed 'Lui lovers'- there is a lot of aggro aimed at Moltzen.
Personally I don't consider Lui in the same class - even less so as Moltzen becomes fitter.
Don't know how many times I have thrown my hands up in the air after Lui has cost us by dropping a sitter , throwing a stupid pass or missing a simple tackle by being out of position or just because he's a lousy tackler.
All the same I don't hate him - just don't rate him ahead of Moltzen.
If you were objective about it I reckon you would find you have thrown your hands up just as many times for other Tigers players mistakes...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 13 Apr, 2011 3:00 pm

That's true to a degree Centaur - just seems to me it always seems to be at the worst possible time.
I think that given time he will improve but still can't put him in front of Moltzen.
And then there's Miller - he hasn't had enough top level footy to show what he can do.
Coming on when Souths were getting flogged he looked fine - only time will tell .