ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
everett

Re: Moltzen

Post by everett » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:08 pm

Moltzen needs to play State Cup.

Titans need a five eight and have money to spend. Hope they buy Moltzen as five eight is his position but not with Marshall ahead of him.

Maybe we can swap him for Lafranci.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:Agree to a point, dunno about him in the centrres, with the ball yes possibly, in defense i'd be concerned.
We have too many halves on the park, the communication is breaking down and at time we see robbie running in circles from dummy half coz Moltz thinks benjkis getting it, who in turn thinks luis getting it- while Lui is thinking its someone else.
No spot for him, hes no fullback yet Sheens ego yet again is getting in the way of the teams progression here, his childhood hero, Professor Montgomery Weirdo creating Milton the Monster has manifested into Tim Sheens attempting to create Moltzen the fullback
hyahahahahahaha well put ink.. was a bad cartoon bavk in the old days ....

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:Agree to a point, dunno about him in the centrres, with the ball yes possibly, in defense i'd be concerned.
We have too many halves on the park, the communication is breaking down and at time we see robbie running in circles from dummy half coz Moltz thinks benjkis getting it, who in turn thinks luis getting it- while Lui is thinking its someone else.
No spot for him, hes no fullback yet Sheens ego yet again is getting in the way of the teams progression here, his childhood hero, Professor Montgomery Weirdo creating Milton the Monster has manifested into Tim Sheens attempting to create Moltzen the fullback
loved this. he's quite stubborn isn't he... wake up Sheens its not about you!

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 2:40 am

Surely moltz has to be the bench utility.

Can play half or 5/8 and could cover here from early in the game should injury strike.
Could play hooker if robbie was to get injured, and whilst not being the best option for centres, wing or fullback from a starting option could fill them easily enough to get through the match should he be needed in there.

Post by 851 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 3:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:Tiger 05 I watched the game . Completely sober as well . What did you see Moltzen do that very few others did not . As an ex fullback he does not cut it He seems to lack communication skills needed at back . Very unconfident at the back under high ball . Support play at times maybe average (but garbage when compared to MacKinnon). Leaves his wingers high and dry with kick returns . Tell me one fullback in the competition Moltzen is better than
Not even Wesser,and that is saying something,he should be sent to reserve grade ASAP.
Go hard or go home

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 9:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:Tiger 05 I watched the game . Completely sober as well . What did you see Moltzen do that very few others did not .
This is where you went wrong. Watching games sober is for mugs.

If like me you were tanked you would have seen that he scored two tries. One by hard running up the middle and one out wide. This is something none of our other fullback options currently offers.

He hasn't won the position yet but he is worth sticking with at this point because the upside is really positive. Whatever happens we need to somehow fit him in.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 11:41 pm

tiger05 wrote:Whatever happens we need to somehow fit him in.
Thats just hillarious.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:33 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Thats just hillarious.
What`s hillarious?
I`m sick of saying this, but for the 100th time, if it`s ok to be an NRL class fullback, but lacking in pace, why don`t the other 15 NRL clubs agree???
If it was ok the have someone at the back who is very slow, but a great bomb taker, we`ll there is a bloke called Brent Kite, a Canberra junior with an AFL background who played a few first grade games for the Bulldogs a couple of seasons back and is now captain coach back at his home town (Temora i think?) in Group 9.
This bloke is big and strong & can catch a high ball as good if not better than any NRL fullback running around at the moment.
But do you know what there is a good reason why he cannot get a contract with an NRL club, HE`S TOO SLOW!!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:02 pm

Vicious wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
Thats just hillarious.
What`s hillarious?
What's hillarious is someone wanting to fit Moltzen in the team just because of their manly love towards him. Let's just buy Lockyer and tell him to play prop coz he has soo much talent but we have no room in the halves for him. MOLTZEN IS NOT A FULLBACK. He is a 5/8 and to make him a fullback just so that he doesn't leave the club is FRIGGIN HILLARIOUS.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:06 pm

And BTW your comment of fullbacks need pace I agree but are you trying to say pace is a better quality in a fullback than catching high balls, support play and running 30 metres to the line instead of passing 20 metres to a winger?

If yes, then thats just absurd but I know no one is foolish enough to suggest that.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:25 pm

Vicious wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
Thats just hillarious.
What`s hillarious?
I`m sick of saying this, but for the 100th time, if it`s ok to be an NRL class fullback, but lacking in pace, why don`t the other 15 NRL clubs agree???
If it was ok the have someone at the back who is very slow, but a great bomb taker, we`ll there is a bloke called Brent Kite, a Canberra junior with an AFL background who played a few first grade games for the Bulldogs a couple of seasons back and is now captain coach back at his home town (Temora i think?) in Group 9.
This bloke is big and strong & can catch a high ball as good if not better than any NRL fullback running around at the moment.
But do you know what there is a good reason why he cannot get a contract with an NRL club, HE`S TOO SLOW!!!
Brent Kite a fullback???

I think you mean Brent Crisp!!!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 3:45 pm

The best fullbacks in todays game is probably the fittest fastest and most athletic and thats something you cant coach.examples of this are slater boyd stuart mini hayne,barba,dugan etc and even though some of them are good under the high ball its not one of the most important parts of a fullbacks game.

And besides im pretty sure most kicks are going towards the wingers these days so a big strong fast winger thats good under the high ball like lote for instance

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 3:56 pm

tiger4ever wrote:The best fullbacks in todays game is probably the fittest fastest and most athletic and thats something you cant coach.examples of this are slater boyd stuart mini hayne,barba,dugan etc and even though some of them are good under the high ball its not one of the most important parts of a fullbacks game.

And besides im pretty sure most kicks are going towards the wingers these days so a big strong fast winger thats good under the high ball like lote for instance
Is Lote genuinely that good under the high ball????

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 4:00 pm

I think so.... MAYBE not the best but he has never let us down in that dept

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 4:01 pm

Do you know that MacKinnon was one of the best metre return fullbacks still after missing a week according to RLW . He might be slow but he seems to find yardage Pity Moltzen with soooo much speed can't do the same .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 4:04 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Thats just hillarious.
We can fit him in . Fullback for BRET immediately or centre for West Tigers at the moment or bench player when we are at full strength Nowhere else though

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 7:16 pm

Agree to a point tiger4ever, but you need your fullback to put his body on the line...in quite a few circumstances, he is your last hope. This hasnt been happening.

Gaining territory quickly is just as vital. Our forwards always look buggered, this has to be blamed in some part because of ineffective kick returns that require them to trudge 30 meters back down field so they can re-start their job of rucking it back up....again this hasnt been happening.

I'm interested to see how Moltz goes in the centers this week. If he is given room to move against a retreating or sliding line he could be destructive. If we keep him out of fullback, peoples attitudes towards his game will change as he can play.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 9:39 pm

Defo think his only place on this team is bench utility.
Lui is undoubtedly the better half and we have better full backs, even Beau Ryan is better @ #1
So he can fit in as an impact bench utility player.